Air travel?

For all general forum discussions.
Orko

Re: Air travel?

Post by Orko »

Try to show them some pics if needed. :lol:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

We suggest putting it in your hold luggage rather than hand luggage, Chris has previously had someone contact him after they had issues taking it on via hand luggage.

Regards
Emma
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

I personally think you'd have to be a bit mad attempting to take a Revo on as hand luggage.

To the outsider it's basically a grenade lookalike that is impossible to look inside. Airport security generally really don't like either of those aspects.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
Medallion

Post by Medallion »

I just travelled to Hawaii and brought a Revo in my carry on. I brought paperwork on what it is just in case too. Both times, I put it in the bin with my laptop as I was being proactive. At each TSA, they pulled it and gave it a wipe with their special cloths. Only one asked what it was, which I explained. I didn't have to show any paperwork. Once the wipes came back clean, they gave it back and I was on my way. All in all, I was delayed about 2 minutes. 8-)
AQ - Open
BU - Currently Working
GR - Closed
BR - Closed
IN - Closed
CU - Working
TI - On Order

Looking to Buy V1 Red or Purple. PM me :)
stet

Post by stet »

I would just never take the risk of having TSA confiscate one (or any of my other metal puzzles). I've had RevoMazes that were being shipped to me tagged as "no fly" because of what someone thinks they saw in a scanner.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
darenwhitaker

Post by darenwhitaker »

I've traveled a dozen or more times with sometimes up to three Revo's and besides the TSA agent being personally interested in them, I've never had an issue. Like others have said, they wipe it with their "special" cloths, test, and send me on my way.
Now I did recently fly from SFO to Heathrow and was concerned about how it might be accepted while flying around Europe, so I opted not to bring any. But I wasn't really concerned about departing stateside. :)

-Daren
ps: Sorry Chris and Emma, I didn't have the time to swing by and say hello. ;)
Open - BU02156 / GRmarbles / AQ00066 / MT06-30 / GMmarbles
Working - mini & Black Plastic w/ Green "R"
Not attempted - OR00287 / LM00282 / CU00066 / IN00066 / R00102
CE #058 - Admiring on the shelf
Looking for...Gary Foshee's Open Lock
codelion

Post by codelion »

I brought my revomaze with me to Portland a few months ago, it got some interesting looks from the TSA on the way in, and they pulled all my bags aside for search and chemical tests, but after a quick explaination they let it through no issue.

On the way back though, they asked me to open it... which was kinda funny. I had to explain I could not. I wound up being delayed about 15 minutes while 3 or 4 tsa people scratched their heads at it and messed with it, but one of them finally googled it and let me through.

I don't travel with my maze anymore, but I wouldn't expect them to confiscate it unless they wanted it for themselves.
Blue: :D Aqua: :D Bronze: :D Indigo :cry:
Revocrackhead

Post by Revocrackhead »

I DID NOT READ EVERY SINGLE POST SO I APOLOGIZE IF THIS IDEA WAS ALREADY POSTED.

I just did a round trip from Phoenix to NY and brought mine in a plane and this is how I did it and it worked greatly. I opened an aqua one maze( or an maze u can easily open) and disassembled it and put it in a ziplock bag and the pins folded up in a dollar bill along with. And I brought the one I was working on(Gunmetal GRRRR).
So when asked what it was I showed him the open Aqua and explained exactly what was going on and they let me through after a swab on the way there, and the just ran it through the machine again separately in the return flight. He explained to me next time to run it through in a bin separately from the rest of my belongings so the don't have to run it again. I also had a business card that explains the REVOMAze and and the REVOMAze website fired up to show them but it didn't come to that.

So that being said I will always fly with my mazes using this strategy and I'll post again if this doesn't work. I gues if you have not opened one your just SOL.

-James
AQ 00088 OPEN- BU02257 OPEN-BR02216 OPEN-GR01926 OPEN-IN00084 OPEN- GM in progress
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

I'm glad it worked out for you. These things don't look like they should be anywhere near a plane.
darenwhitaker

Post by darenwhitaker »

An update from my previous post...

I used to leave my revo in my backpack. My bag would be flagged, I'd have to go over to the testing table, the agent would go into my bag, get the revo and swab it.

My last few trips I've placed the revo in a bin by itself and I think they have only swabbed it once in 8 flights. Usually the xray agent picks it up, looks at it, places it back in the bin and sends it down the belt. :)

-Daren
Open - BU02156 / GRmarbles / AQ00066 / MT06-30 / GMmarbles
Working - mini & Black Plastic w/ Green "R"
Not attempted - OR00287 / LM00282 / CU00066 / IN00066 / R00102
CE #058 - Admiring on the shelf
Looking for...Gary Foshee's Open Lock

Return to “General”