V2 status

For all general forum discussions.
Monty22001

Re: V2 status

Post by Monty22001 »

I'm not saying it has to be 'easy'. Maybe something in the 1-2 hour range with traps around but at least some solid walls for the first 5 or 6 moves and then some traps and tight turns. CENSORED

People that aren't into puzzles will be surprised at how many flat out give up after being unable to make the first 3 or 4 tight turns. That's why I'd name it 'Jr' and make it clear that it's more accessible and a starter for something bigger.

I mean, the starter is a 50/100. I'd think a 30-40 would be a good one too for some.

Edit: Sorry for the censored words. :(
Last edited by Monty22001 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Monty22001

Post by Monty22001 »

TheJuggler wrote:So why not create a shaft with a window ... not a window above the pin, but something offset. perhaps even that has a blind which would prevent you seeing all of the maze, but give you glimpses. It may even make for more of a challenge, as there's nothing to say that what you can see is relevant, or even which direction you've move through a section if you were to move through it at all ...
That's a good idea too!
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Monty22001 wrote:People that aren't into puzzles will be surprised at how many flat out give up after being unable to make the first 3 or 4 tight turns. That's why I'd name it 'Jr' and make it clear that it's more accessible and a starter for something bigger.
Exactly! Anyone remember when people used to drop sphere type metal puzzles from 2 story buildings onto cement sidewalks because they couldnt properly grasp the "big bang" concept?!

We need to help the non-puzzlers find the love we have for revomaze. they need to see what the pin is doing right now and exactly how their actions affect it.

there are 3 types of people in the world: 1)engineers/scientists who understand logic and action/reaction; 2)artists who can visualize and create a world in their minds; 3)people who cant get past step 5 or 8 on a revomaze. these are the people i want to make revolovers out of.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Monty22001

Post by Monty22001 »

Heck, to be honest I have seen people not be able to get past the first tight turn. Those types might never be able to handle anything at all :)
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Does anyone know if the Extreme v2's have serial numbers?
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
jsloco01

Post by jsloco01 »

The extream V2 do have a serial number. The brown V2 I have is no. 1503.
Mark76

Post by Mark76 »

My Bronze V2 doesn't have a serial number on it. Just waiting for a Blue V2 to arrive. I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere else that they wouldn't be having serial numbers on them? But I guess you can request it?

jsloco01 does your Bronze have a removable centre draw/bar in the middle of the shaft? (Mines solid as stated on the website).
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

I think the idea is that in the long term the v2 models will not have serial numbers because they are not needed. The only real reason for having them was to keep track of them for the purposes of the competition. I think you'll find that v2 models that have serial numbers that we see at the moment are v1 cores with v2 sleeves.

I believe that the plan was also that the v2 cores would eventually lose the serial, the centre draw bar and the pin that hold the drawbar and probably the certificates too (as there's nowhere to put them). I'd imagine that this would also save quite a bit of time and money in manufacturing costs.

Those were the plans anyway, where it'll turn out that way is another thing...
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Mark76

Post by Mark76 »

bluesign2k wrote:I think you'll find that v2 models that have serial numbers that we see at the moment are v1 cores with v2 sleeves.
That's what I suspected.

Mine is a full V2 core and V2 case. (No draw bar or certificate - not needed, already opened a V1).

I'll try and remember to post some comparison pics when I get time. They might be of use.
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Mark76 wrote:...I'll try and remember to post some comparison pics when I get time. They might be of use.
That'd be great if you could... I've not seen a v2 core yet :)
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze

Return to “General”