V2 status

For all general forum discussions.
Monty22001

V2 status

Post by Monty22001 »

Any update on the V2's? I'm not in a big rush but I'm wondering if there's been any progress on them. Last that's been out there is the V2 mazes are still being worked on and the sleeves are ready. I'm looking forward to the bronze and beyond, thanks. I might even rebuy a Blue since my finish is so worn off on that sucker :)
Monty22001

Re: V2 status

Post by Monty22001 »

Followup, there's a new Facebook posting by revomaze that there are new ones on the way soon..
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

That is in response to an e-mail update regarding the Handmades, Oranges, Golds and CE Sets. News on any of the other puzzles has yet to become available :)

Best,
Matt
Monty22001

Post by Monty22001 »

I just hope I can get a Green metal at puzzlemaster, just need to wait a month before I can really afford it. I have a green obsession but they just aren't the same to me.

Otherwise the main series now.. Blue, Green obs, Bronze, and Silver.

I noticed on the facebook posting that there were red cases on the table. I dunno if that means anything though.
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Those are most likely orange sleeves boxed on their side. I think what's more interesting is the number of filled compartments in the organizer sitting on the table. I hope this means another dynamic puzzle!
Monty22001

Post by Monty22001 »

Yes, they do look orange. I'd really like some easier blue-level ones though :) Maybe a Revomaze Jr that can help introduce people to them easier.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Monty22001 wrote:Maybe a Revomaze Jr that can help introduce people to them easier.
I rather agree with you here Monty. I know a ton of people who are really interested in RevoMaze, but just cant grasp the concept. I've shown them a BlueX shaft, a Blue map, and handed them a BlueO and they still cant grap the concept enough to get past step 8. If we could get a clear body with some basic moves, i think more folks could join the RevoFamily.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

For me the single best part of Revomazing was those first hours with Blue, knowing nothing about it and every turn was a discovery. I still remember the first couple of minutes, and then the discovery that it didn't just spin, I could get it to go down into a path which made the shaft come out a little bit. Then it went click .... :lol:

If noobs need something simpler, fair enough, but I think a clear sleeve (or seeing a shaft) for a first timer would really ruin the experience.
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

So why not create a shaft with a window ... not a window above the pin, but something offset. perhaps even that has a blind which would prevent you seeing all of the maze, but give you glimpses. It may even make for more of a challenge, as there's nothing to say that what you can see is relevant, or even which direction you've move through a section if you were to move through it at all ...
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

I've got to go with Stigy on this one. He described very well how I felt.
My first was the Obs and the excitement of pushing out that little scroll with a matchstick was out of this world. Then came opening my first Extreme... Brilliant!!
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04

Return to “General”