Patience is one thing...

For all general forum discussions.
smiteo

Re: Patience is one thing...

Post by smiteo »

Thanks, Matt!
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
maztec

Post by maztec »

I would say that I too have been a bit chuffed by the delays. But then I looked up to make sure I was using "chuffed" correctly and was left completely confused by the dictionary . . .
chuffed-1    [chuhft] Show IPA
–adjective British Informal .
delighted; pleased; satisfied.
Origin: 1855–60; see chuff2 , -ed2

chuffed-2    [chuhft] Show IPA
–adjective British Informal .
annoyed; displeased; disgruntled.
Origin: 1825–35; compare dial. (mainly S England) chuff, choff ill-tempered, surly, probably to be identified with chuff1
*sigh* Silly Brits and their Silly Language. They all need to learn them sum Americanese.
OOOOOOOoo
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

In my experience as a scot, chuffed is most regularly used to denote pleasure.

Chuffed off is used to denote displeasure.

Got to love the use of language. I can use it to completely confuse and befuddle my American fiancee and the kids. It's great fun!
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
maztec

Post by maztec »

Right. I too have felt a bit chuffed off, but I have hope that we will be cursing Chris for sore thumbs in just a few more weeks.

On second thought .... chuffed off sounds like something a right tosser would do.
OOOOOOOoo
kev1n

Post by kev1n »

I have to say that I feel a bit guilty! A friend of mine bought a blue 6 months ago after playing with mine. He loved it and saved up for months so that at the gadget show he could buy the green and bronze.

Despite putting his cash down, he has received nothing! He has telephoned repeatedly and emailed multiple times. Each time there has been no response at all - not even an acknowledgement!

This is no way to treat paying customers! If he didn't know me then it may be a case if the small claims court! Now I feel bad that he has possibly been defrauded because of something I got him into.

I love these puzzles and have been waiting on the gold as long as you all but I can afford the loss whilst he can't.

Is there anyone out there who can remind Chris of his obligations?
Killerkel

Post by Killerkel »

Hmmm.these rumblings remind me of a time a another puzzle making company had problems getting prepaid puzzles out.

After much pressure they were released to early with manufacturing problems, and I hope Chris doesn't follow this route.

I have said this before, I don't like prepaying for stuff that has not even be made.

I think Chris should consider taking a deposit as part payment in future, this may offer customers a bit more comfort. I would like to order a collector set but I'm not going to while I'm waiting for 3 puzzles that haven't been made yet!

I do think that we will get our hands on the golds sometime in June.
pcad

Post by pcad »

I agree. Paying full price for an item that isn't expected to be in stock anytime soon is not what most people expect or want. A downpayment with a nonrefundable portion should be enough to order small items like this. The balance would be due prior to shipment. Having 800-1000 dollars in limbo with no firm delivery date is asking a lot from potential buyers.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
adamwest

Post by adamwest »

I like paying upfront and not having to worry about paying/explaining the new payment to my wife again. Plus I got one heck of a deal when I bought the revomaze I series (partly because of the exchange rate and partly because they have been going up in price since I fronted Chris the capital to take over the puzzling world). I am good,...... life is what happens in between puzzles, and I have had a lot of "life" going on in the last few months. So as the french wouldn't say F#$% it, these puzzles are worth the wait.

adam
Proud owner of set #16 (RevoTaster)

BU00016 OPEN x and o
GR00016 OPEN x and o
Black o OPEN
BR00016
OPEN
RD00016 OPEN
AG00016 OPEN
AU00016 CLOSED
OR00016 OPEN (mark you're just mean ;) )
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

Adam! I like where you head is at! The wait is hard but i think its safe to say chris DOES have our best interests in mind. Priority being to deliver a HIGH quality puzzle... sure ... it takes time. More than we'd like... but we don't want to be working on something thats already potentially flawed and broken. Chris wants to do it right. i think thats how he has this core of fans is through us knowing first that he has us in mind. VS... typical "PAY ME!!" of some less reputable places... and i won't buy from them again.

Yea not to mention all the golds are unique... ok... design 100s of super hard puzzles with all kinds of reliability with some manufacturing problems that are out of your control? Hm... No bueno! I wait till chris is ready. And then game on!

N
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth

Return to “General”