Hello!

For all general forum discussions.
Keebler

Hello!

Post by Keebler »

My name is Keebler and I am considering buying a revomaze puzzle. I am pretty good with a rubik's cube; my times are around 20 seconds. I really lost interest in that though. The frustrating part with twisty puzzles is that they are all very similar on a basic level. That is to say that the methods used for one puzzle can be adapted for other puzzles. So in the end it really becomes quite boring. After giving up on speed blind cubing (my times were hovering around 15 minutes), I decided to look for something new and exciting that would keep me guessing for a long period of time. That's when I found revomaze and it looks like the kind of thing I was dreaming about. At first I had doubts, so I googled it extensively. I was surprised by how many positive reviews I found...but even more surprised by the fact that I could not find any negative reviews (especially for such an expensive puzzle). I think I'm going to have to get in on it. I am only going to be able to afford one puzzle though, so I am trying to figure out which one to go with. Right now, I'm leaning toward bronze. I realize that the blue is a great puzzle, but I do sincerely wish to play with this for several dozen hours before solving it.

So I am asking the opinions of those who have this puzzle what I should do. I realize that there is a very similar thread in the bronze section on this, but the advice was split 50/50, so I thought I'd introduce and ask. Thanks!
Manifestjp

Re: Hello!

Post by Manifestjp »

Well if you get one, welcome to the addiction! :twisted: All I can say is that you get the bronze first it's kind of like doing a rubix cube blindfolded, hanging upside down and your only aloud to use one hand. Haha. Seriously though the bronze will keep you busy for a very long time if you don't get the lessons from the blue and green. If you are going to get the bronze anyway I would suggest that you get the blue and green obsessions along with it. They are cheaper than the extreme versions and you will eventually buy them anyway. Trust me. :D
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
MJShasko

Post by MJShasko »

yep - Bronze all the way!! And perhaps the Blue Obs and Green Obs to start you off.
BU00394 GR00177 BR00163 AG00211 AU00059 BL16LE R00059 OR00059
HM12-20 LM00059 TI40-50 BUobs BUobs2 GRobs BLobs BLobs2 RDobs

To do: R2 #59 PU000xx
AndrusyszynPM

Post by AndrusyszynPM »

Do Bronze first. I did it and I recommend everyone do it first. Don't do silver first, it can cause insanity in adults and small children.
AndrusyszynPM
BR00266 - Opened - January 7th, 2010
BU00848 - Opened - January 30th, 2010
GR00318 - Opened - February 2nd, 2010
AG00158 - Opened - June 25th, 2010
R00081 - Opened - August 2nd, 2010
AU00081 - OPENED - March 17th, 2013
OR00081 - Opened
LM00245 - In Hand
joelk2

Post by joelk2 »

Hello All,

have been purchased a Revomaze for christmas by my brother in law which should be turning up today.

he hasnt told me what color though.

Just checking in to say hello. ive had about 10 mins on one of these at the gadget show last year.

My name is Joel, im 26. i enjoy puzzles and rubiks cubes. have a 3X3, 4X4, 5X5 & 360 which i can complete them all.

looking forward to getting stuck ino the maze :-)
BlueOb - Solved
GreenOb - Solved
BlackOb - Solved

BlueEx - Solved
GreenEx - To Buy
BronzeEx - Still Want
SilverEx - Started and Lost
GoldEx - To Late Now I Believe :(
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

Hi Joel welcome to the clan! I also started out with Rubiks cubes and am 100% hooked on these little beauties.
Hope you get a realistic start as far as colour goes but all the same I think you will be another who becomes addicted

Ali
joelk2

Re: Newbie

Post by joelk2 »

im really hoping i get the blue. when ready the forum it seems as if maybe starting a little higher maybe more challenging but i want to go through them in order.

is the Blue Ex & Orb the same?

he's getting me the Extreme (unknown color) but i wouldnt mind getting the Orb's to keep me entertained too (providing they are different)
BlueOb - Solved
GreenOb - Solved
BlackOb - Solved

BlueEx - Solved
GreenEx - To Buy
BronzeEx - Still Want
RodMingo

Post by RodMingo »

I believe they are slightly different although based on the Extreme version of each colour. Somewhere on the site there is more information, I just can't remember exactly where right now. I had a BLUE EXTREME for christmas, lots of fun ........ Just deciding on wether to get the Green Ex now or the Gold as it's limited ...... I intend to do them all though.

All the best

Rod
BLUE EX OPEN, BLACK OB OPEN, GREEN OB REVOING
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Hi, welcome! :)

The Blue and Green Obsession are essentially the same as the Extreme versions, there are some minor modifications but you'd struggle to notice them. Same with the Black Obsession, but the Black Extreme is a rare beast.

That said, just because the mazes are the same doesn't mean they're not worth getting. The Obsessions handle quite differently from the Extremes. The more you play with the obsessions the faster they get due to the pin causing slight wear on the track :)
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
joelk2

Post by joelk2 »

im more likely to go on to the Obsessions as they are lower priced although i could probabily persuade the wife to let me buy the extremes (think she'd rather me sit on them than the xbox)
BlueOb - Solved
GreenOb - Solved
BlackOb - Solved

BlueEx - Solved
GreenEx - To Buy
BronzeEx - Still Want

Return to “General”