Fashionably late to the party...

For all general forum discussions.
Pervigilo

Re: Fashionably late to the party...

Post by Pervigilo »

Blue + Green here. (Possibly) Silly question - is there meant to be any instructions with them, or do I just head straight in and try to open them?
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Pervigilo wrote:is there meant to be any instructions with them, or do I just head straight in and try to open them?
did you get the EXTREMEs? If you got the metals you should have gotten a small booklet.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
ceagull333

Post by ceagull333 »

Push, Pull, Twist, Turn. Don't need to force it or hit it. Take advil.
BR110 Open GR296 Open GR Obs Open BU652 Open BLObs Open Black Obs Open AG104 Open Red Obs Open RD46 Open AU46 Open Purple (not right!)HM08LE (sealed)OR46 Open LM113 Open GM Open TI46 Open Aqua,CU on hand Indigo on order
Pervigilo

Post by Pervigilo »

Metal ones. No booklet in either one. I'm not going to mess with them until I'm sure I'm doing what I'm meant to do. I can't even see the serial number on them, although it was in pen on the box - and aren't I meant to register them before starting?
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Well its always better to be safe than sorry. To expose your serial number, start using the puzzle. within a half dozen moves you will fall into your first trap which will allow the shaft to slide out quite far, thus allowing you to see the serial number. Sorry you didnt get your booklet, Chris must have been pulling an all nighter. Heres the booklet that is supposed to come with it:

Thank you for buying the REVOMAZE. Please read this manual before using the puzzle so you can get the most out of your experience.

health and safety
WARNING
Our puzzles are not toys and are intended for use by adults or anyone over the age of 12 with supervision.

As the puzzles are heavy, we {Ashton Pit Ltd} shall not be liable for death or personal injury resulting from the misuse of our products, or by accident incurred whilst using our products.

registration
Once you have the product number (on the shaft), you need to email us at: registration@revomaze.co.uk with your name, address, telephone, email and product registration number. We also need a 10 character username made from letters and numbers to identify you on our leader board.

As long as the username is free, we will email confirmation and "Your Opening Clues". To be part of our competition you must register your details and your puzzle.

operation
The puzzle has three main parts, the draw, the shaft, and the outer case. The objective is to open the puzzle and remove the draw where you'll find the Certificate of Ownership and part of the Series Code Map (if you wish to solve the Series Code for a chance to go into the event final)

Using dextarity, endurance, and self-control - you need to turn, pull and twist the shaft carefully around the internal labyrinth. If you hear a 'click' and the shaft becomes loose, you have fallen into a trap. In most cases you would need to reset the puzzle back to the begining.

Once you reach the open point, you'll need to refer to the clues given to you when registering your puzzle. Please follow them carefully.

Once you've opened the puzzle, you need to email us the puzzle code and the 10 digit Certificate of Ownership number shown on the top right. If you have opened the puzzle and there are places available on our leader board, we'll contact you by email to ask if you wish to attend our live event.

care
The puzzle is precision made and should be give years of service, but can be damaged if misused. Do not deliberately bang or hit the puzzle as this could affect the operationand damage the finish.

Keep your puzzle clean with a dry cloth. If your puzzle becomes difficult to use, contact our support department support@revomaze.co.uk. We offer a chargeable support service to repair a damaged REVOMAZE.

copyright
The REVOMZE puzzle, name, logo, REVOMAZE Puzzle Challenge and intellectual rights are the copyright of Ashton Pitt Ltd (c) 2009

All condition of use can be found in our Term and Conditions on our website http://www.revomaze.co.uk or can be provided by writing to:

Ashton Pitt Ltd
Head office
3 Fawn Close
Parklands
Askam in Furness
Cumbria
LA16 7HS
United Kingdom
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Pervigilo

Post by Pervigilo »

Ta for that. Just opened up the Blue - after limbering up for an hour, learning the basic mechanics, it took me about two hours of "taking it seriously" - i.e. bothering to map it out.

Nice puzzle!
Pervigilo

Post by Pervigilo »

Just realised I didn't actually read the instructions you posted very thoroughly did I? Completely forgot to actually register it first and get my "clues". :oops:
cornettracing80

Post by cornettracing80 »

ha! like me!....you get the package and leave a trail of torn paper and boxing leading to the spot your sitting comiserating over the puzzle ...to hell with reg. or anything else...... :lol: :lol:
thats called "interested initiative"....total focus
i like that!

:D
The hardest part of a Revomaze is putting it down
BU00080-Solved
GR00080-Solved
BR00080-Solved
AG00080 V1-Solved 1st ever
AU00080-IN PROGRESS
R00080-Solved
Revomaze Obsessions Solved
Blue
Green
Red
Black
Pervigilo

Post by Pervigilo »

A thread necro, as I am back from the dead...

Not long after getting my blue+green mazes, life took one of those right angle turns. My mazes ended up lent to someone to play with and Revomaze slipped from my mind, ousted by far more important events...

So there I am, thumbing a copy of WIRED and I come across the Revomaze R2 article. "Oh!", I thought, "I really need to follow that up". So I've reclaimed my Revomazes (Green still remains closed - but I'm going to tackle it as soon as I have some time) and sent an email to Chris picking up a three-and-a-half year old thread (!) with the hope the set I had started could be completed.

Sophie has replied and we're on the way...

The good news is that I've just ordered the Orange+Lime as they were heading to extinction faster than any others, both to be engraved with matching serials to my existing pair. Bronze is due back in stock in a few weeks, and that'll get paired with a Silver to again match the serials. Sadly, the Gold is no more, so it won't be a complete serial set, but it'll be as close as I can get after all this time.

And once I get a few more pounds towards the end of this month, I'll snag a R2 Voyager Status and this time hope nothing from that pesky "real life" gets in the way of a series this time.

Good to see you all again. Now if you excuse me, I have over 3 years of forum posts to read...
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

Don't be sad about missing the gold, as it is very "different" and doesn't really fit in the series......
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite

Return to “General”