Clear Sleeves

For all general forum discussions.
nos6074

Re: Buyers and Sellers

Post by nos6074 »

stet wrote:If Neil ever decided to make more and offer them for sale again I would buy 6.

Just putting that out there in the case he is wondering if there is enough potential market to make another run of them.
If the price is reasonable I would be up for one or more myself.. seems like a good idea for a display..
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Will

Post by Will »

Yes, I would definitely buy them if Neil makes more batches. Especially with Lime open now it would be a joy to see the mechanisms operate while solving it. Helps quite a bit with the Ti too. Still haven't gotten over my initial hesitation over buying the sleeves.
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

I didnt get into this series till this last summer so I never had a shot at getting them.. but looking at some of the pictures of them I wish I had... Im at 9 revos now with all of them solved but no real way to display the cores without either taking out the small bits or leaving the core's in the sleeves.. and they are a conversation piece when people come over
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Wow. Quite a lot of interest, and I made over 50 of these initially. Let me set some expectations though. I will not be making more of these. (Don'e mean to sound harsh here). I'm pleased that the sleeves I made were well received, and that there is a demand for more of them, maybe someone else will consider making them.

I have a lot of work on my plate over the next 4 months getting ready for a particular puzzling event later this year, along with a number of other woodworking projects which mean that I don't have the time to make more sleeves.

If there were to be an option to make more at some point, then as I've mentioned previously I believe the cost would be nearly double that of what I asked previously. They are very labor intensive, and I'll be honest, not much fun to make. (At least not when you're making 50 of them!)
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

I like how there is only a limited number. It preserves the value of them.
y2khappens

Post by y2khappens »

I would be interested also.
Is there another company
that could make these ???
Bill
Goldstar

Post by Goldstar »

Neil...seems like there is a market for these even at double the asking price...we all hope you get the time and motivation to have another go!
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

I contacted the juggler and with his blessing I'm going to contact Chris for his blessing in order to try and commission some clear sleeves through a local Acrylic manufacturer. So I will get back to you guys if I get a blessing from Chris and find a company that is willing to take an order.. Keeping in mind that the credit for the original concept of a clear sleeve goes to Neil..
vcif

Post by vcif »

Great!

I am in for at least 5.

Edit:I mean since orders are being taken :lol:
BU2034 O 5.26.13
GR1803 O 6.15.13
BR V2 O 6.22.13
OR136 O 7.29.13
AG 1511 O 8.17.13
LI 245 O 2.1.14
TI 21 O 2.8.14
GM O 1.13.15
CU 96
Voyager 96
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

:lol: ok let me clarify.. I'm not taking orders.. I have no idea if it is even feasible or what the price per unit would be IF I get the blessing from Chris.. However I will say that if I can find a place to make them I will let you guys know if it's reasonable.. Overall this is Neil's creation and Chris's baby so I take no credit other than trying to see if a company is willing to take on the challenge ;)

Return to “General”