Yes - I have seen a copy
No votes
No
86%

Total votes: 28

AndrewParr

Re: Games Magazine

Post by AndrewParr »

I wish I got on the R2 wait list, but I was a more casual collector when that opportunity presented itself. Oh well. I'm still trying to get a complete set of extremes. That'll keep me busy for a while.

20 years of Games subscriptions? That's awesome. Were you a subscriber when they disappeared without warning? And then reappeared a year later? That was in the early 90s. I'm impressed with the quality of the magazine over 35 years. They are packing more puzzles in the issues than ever before, and the quality keeps getting better, I think. I miss the old cover puzzles. They really put a lot of cash into the covers back in the 80s and 90s and they were outstanding works of art. I managed to get a coveted Games t shirt a few years ago by writing in to the editors. =)
Starting over
bulldawg

Re: Games Magazine

Post by bulldawg »

I vaguely remember that happening. (the disappearing act)

I'm a little disappointed in some of the recent changes but not enough to make me stop my subscription. After Will Shortz left, the magazine took a slight turn for the worse, and quality took a hit. They need more editors. Just look at the list of corrections in every issue.

Some of my favorite puzzles are no longer there, such as the hidden fake advertisement.

My favorite challenge was always their semiannual hidden puzzle, which could be put anywhere in the magazine. Now its frequency has been reduced to once a year, if even that. It used to be a staple of their April (Fools) issue.

On a positive note, there appears to be more pencil puzzles, which is always a good thing.
R2 Cosmic Voyager #54
Bronze V2 ext - opened!
Silver ext - AG00118 core (Revomaster Collection AP0023)
Blue obs - opened!
Green obs - opened!
Blk obs - opened!
Black V2 obs - received
Red obs - opened.
Indigo - in progress
Mercury - ordered

Return to “General”