USA parts and service

For all general forum discussions.
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Re: USA parts and service

Post by ReVoMaster »

Cleaning:

Old toothbrush and washing up liquid - pour some onto the shaft and give it s good clean all in the tracks. If you have tarnish on the shaft I use Autosol chrome cleaner paste - put a small amount on a tissue and remove the tarnish. Do this before washing with the toothbrush.

Allow to drain and dry (I use a hair dryer). Using a pencil, I push a small ball of tissue through the shaft centre to make sure its clean. Same process with the draw and pins.

The sleeve, I use WD40 and a soft polishing cloth (try to keep the label at 12 o'clock to ensure the spring does not come out. use your nail (yuk) or a cocktail stick between the outer sleeve grooves before the WD40.

Next push a wad of tissue through the centre. I then use 3-in-1 bike oil inside the sleeve place a small drip on both ends. Use your finger to spread the oil inside the sleeve and then pass the wad through again to ensure not too much oil is left on.

Once dry, reassemble the shaft as per instructions (if you wish to add a drop of oil, I suggest the drop goes in the first entrance. Once assembled - quick polish on the sleeve and you puzzle is as good as new :D
ReVoMaster
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

Deadly! Thanks for the great tips!
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
cornettracing80

Post by cornettracing80 »

thats a really good cleaning walk thru Revomaster :D

always,always,always...make sure the beveled "rounded" end of the pins go in right....the core pins go rounded side up....the maze pin goes rounded side down so when it contacts the maze the rounded side is towards the maze... ;)
its not the end of the world if you put the pins in wrong it is just rough going as you resolve the puzzle to correct the problem.
some of the puzzle obstacles are easier some are harder on the flat side of pin.(yes i did it on the blue..panic'd...then resolved it very slowly to avoid damage...no damage, just a fluster'd puzzler :D )
i still have 5 pin sets.....sleeves are ordered from Revomaze....
:D :D :D
The hardest part of a Revomaze is putting it down
BU00080-Solved
GR00080-Solved
BR00080-Solved
AG00080 V1-Solved 1st ever
AU00080-IN PROGRESS
R00080-Solved
Revomaze Obsessions Solved
Blue
Green
Red
Black
w1se

Post by w1se »

What cleans 'finger smudging'? (Is this what other people are calling tarnishing?) I don't know how else to describe it, but the side of the shaft that I turn has become dull. I've tried a few things but nothing seems to bring back the original shine. Is this normal?
BU00956 - RECEIVED Oct/19/2010 OPENED Oct/21/2010
GREEN - Need $$$
BRONZE - Need $$$
SILVER - Need $$$
GOLD - Need $$$

R00092 - RECEIVED Nov/01/10
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

That's the tarnish people are talking about. The chrome cleaner paste seems to be the best to really bring back that shine.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
cornettracing80

Post by cornettracing80 »

really?....i thought the "coating" had worn off down to the nickle...ill have to try that!!
:D :D
The hardest part of a Revomaze is putting it down
BU00080-Solved
GR00080-Solved
BR00080-Solved
AG00080 V1-Solved 1st ever
AU00080-IN PROGRESS
R00080-Solved
Revomaze Obsessions Solved
Blue
Green
Red
Black
MikeyZee

Post by MikeyZee »

I have some NEVR-DULL laying around the house (http://www.nevrdull.com/). Would that be satisfactory in lieu of the chrome cleaner to get rid of the tarnish on the shaft? I don't want to use anything too abrasive and risk ruining the finish.
BU01136 - Open, Obs - Open
GR00482 - Open, Obs - Open
BR00494 - Open
AG00186 - Registered
Gold Ex - Pre-Ordered
OR00093 - Registered
R00114 - Open, Obs - Sigh
BL16 LE - Open, Obs - Open

Return to “General”