Monthly News Comment Thread

For all general forum discussions.
Gdamatov77

Re: Monthly News Comment Thread

Post by Gdamatov77 »

^this was actually one of my concerns when i read it. But aside from that, was very happy to see the idea behind the yellow revos being offered to previous LE owners.

As according to the "opened" policy, it looks like my order on an orange will have to wait and i will have to put my money into a blue and green and just have those solved ASAP. Good thing i have prior knowledge of those 2, but i hope if i do order them, that they come in before the first batch.

Still blindly chasing set #4, no matter how hard this may be.
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

Hmm, I'm a bit sad that I'm not deemed a serious collector because there is 1 Revo I haven't managed to get hold of yet ..... :(

And that Red Extreme prizes were only available to UK residents.

And that because I haven't received my Green Extreme yet (or my Silver) I'll have to wait extra time for the Gold.

:( Maybe that saying is right, no news is good news.

Thanks for the updates though Nigel, and of course Chris.
Otakutom17

Post by Otakutom17 »

Glad to hear the Golds will be shipped out soon...though that does put me on a very tight timer for Silver.

I wonder if I'll still get the chance to get my hands on one of the LE Yellows despite discovering these puzzles way too late to get black or handmade...well, I can only hope :P
BU00927 - OPEN GR00386 - OPEN BR00395 - OPEN AG00169 - 1 hour in... AU00??? - Pre-ordered
OR00??? - Pre-ordered R00077 - Boxed
Wanted: Red Obsession, BlackEx, Handmade
mhuti

Post by mhuti »

Thanks for the news update, happy to hear thinks are going well with the Gold, Orange and proposed Merchandise, stands and packaging... but...

Am I the only one here who was hoping to own a Yellow having missed out on the handmade (barely) and the Black (because I came to the party late) and a Purple (because I am not competitive). Of all the remaining puzzles to be made (currently) the only chance I had to own one of the Limited Series puzzles is now gone. I am not interested in competitions, and work/social life precludes them anyway, equally stands, merchandise or owning multiple versions of the same puzzle do not interest me. What does interest me is each individual challenge a new puzzle offers, difference, progression, ingenuity of the puzzle maker and the uniqueness of every puzzle design/shape/size/movement etc.

The Handmade was offered on a first come first get basis, a hard system but open to all with no catch other than; be there at the time & pay the money. This is not about collecting, possibly the best puzzle of this series (or an future series as far as we know) will only ever be owned by 20 people, as a puzzler of many years I find this very sad. So few people will get the opportunity to solve these limited series puzzles it's madness. I am not a fan of limited series where the best puzzles are fewest in number.

When I first made contact with Revomaze I was advised that the journey was important and I accepted this and arranged to buy my puzzles so that I could go on that journey, solving each puzzle in turn in the order they were made to get the best out of the entire range (or all I could afford). I do not begrudge anyone else any of these puzzles it is just a very sad situation for many people including myself. I think I need to stop writing now before I say something I will regret. :(
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

Thanks Nigel for such a detailed post.

Good luck (and fun) to all......... its not far away :D
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

i do truly sympathize, "no idea if spelled correctly", with you mhuti. I was extremely late to the revob story as well. And being a huge lover of puzzles, even though i dont compare to more than half the people on the forums, i love a good challenge. So i decided to claim the rest of my life to be able to work on revomazes.

It will be a long journey before I finish even series 1, let alone if there is the possibility of the LE's and any further series. Not including the red, titanium - which i might buy the case, not sure yet, and the much acclaimed purple. But i am quite happy i might be able to get the orange and yellow in terms of me owning a handmade.

Orange depends strictly on what an outcome is on whether i shall own a set or not. Though i may go after 127 since it will involve me not having to give up the bronze i currently own. If so, then under that situation, i will be getting the orange next and request 127 for gold.
Boy how i hate that Chris is soo busy. One of the many reasons I wish Emma was still with us.

I miss Emma. She will be missed very much.Anyhow, before I end up getting scolded by a red or purple- most likely, I cant wait for the gold to be released, and the t-shirts.
BU01055 - 01/22/11
AU - N/A
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

@mhuti
I agree limited editions will always be a problem for one reason or another. If you have them then you upset the people that don't end up with one, if there weren't special editions then people would ask for one-offs to be made... then there would be a minimum batch to make it worth while... then whether you just land up with another LE. So the fact is that they exist, and I can't see that changing...

The issue then comes with how they are allocated. If they're allocated as first come first served (like the handmade) then there's going to be people who miss out just because they were a little too late... and nobody was exempt from this with the handmade, Nigel just managed to get the 20th and as you know, a few didn't manage to get one at all :| . Chris was very surprised at how quickly they all got allocated... there was even a suggestion that a larger amount could be made, but it was then pointed out that collectors get annoyed if you start saying there will be 20 of something then suddenly there 50 or 100 of them.

So then it was suggested that they get allocated by who already has the other LEs as these are likely to be collectors. If you think of it from a business point of view, you don't want to irritate the collectors who are keen to get one of everything else there's a good chance they could stop collecting.

I honestly understand what your saying, but what Im getting at is that it's really tough to please everyone. I think there should be a good few yellows available after the allocations and although it as been said that the remainder will go to competitions Im not sure I can see that happening with all of them... I'm not even sure there could be enough competitions thought up that are worthy of a yellow as a prize anyway.

The thing to remember is that the yellow is aaaagggggeeeesss off yet. There's still a bunch of other puzzles and the live competitons to happen in the mean time... so just hang in there, you never know what'll happen in the future :)
Gdamatov77 wrote:... I cant wait for the gold to be released, and the t-shirts.
Sweet! So you're up for getting a t-shirt? I think they're going to be cool... at the moment there the same colour as one of the puzzles providing the tester one comes back okay :) I won't say which colour though so then you can all speculate amongst yourselves :P
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

i do get the feeling it shall be the gold, or the red, but i dont want to put up my thoughts on the table yet so this way after everyone starts guessing on it, when the release of what color it may be gets released, i can say, "O, i knew it was gonna be that color." LOL.

But i think revo shirts is a great thing to be brought in finally now that sreries 1 is almost complete.
BU01055 - 01/22/11
AU - N/A
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Stigy wrote:Hmm, I'm a bit sad that I'm not deemed a serious collector because there is 1 Revo I haven't managed to get hold of yet ...
Try not to feel neglected or offended, its tough for us to keep up, its even harder for chris; he means well.
Stigy wrote:And that Red Extreme prizes were only available to UK residents.
well i think we all were elegeble for prizes initially, but then is became illegal. so chris was going to find an alternate solution, but then no americans won anyway, so it became a mute issue. besides, it was just an extra chris threw our way. cant be bumbed about that.

As for the shirts, yeah, i think a lot of us are eagerly awaiting... glad to see these things finally coming... almost feels overdue. (my guess is blue)
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Otakutom17

Post by Otakutom17 »

bluesign2k wrote:Sweet! So you're up for getting a t-shirt? I think they're going to be cool... at the moment there the same colour as one of the puzzles providing the tester one comes back okay :) I won't say which colour though so then you can all speculate amongst yourselves :P
I'm looking at the different colors in my head, and while some definitely have some good qualities to them (red and blue, specifically), I think the shirt is going to be purple. It definitely stands out as the best color for what I'm imagining.
BU00927 - OPEN GR00386 - OPEN BR00395 - OPEN AG00169 - 1 hour in... AU00??? - Pre-ordered
OR00??? - Pre-ordered R00077 - Boxed
Wanted: Red Obsession, BlackEx, Handmade

Return to “General”