Obsession V2

General Topics on our plastic range
smiteo

Re: obsession version 2

Post by smiteo »

oh yes, the trainer is great!
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
Goody54321

Re: Obsession V2

Post by Goody54321 »

Any news on when the Obsessions will be released with the new sleeve design?
Blue BU01171 - Open 19/1/11
Goody54321

Post by Goody54321 »

Goody54321 wrote:Any news on when the Obsessions will be released with the new sleeve design?
No news at all?
Blue BU01171 - Open 19/1/11
Barcared

Post by Barcared »

Goody54321 wrote:
Goody54321 wrote:Any news on when the Obsessions will be released with the new sleeve design?
No news at all?
The new packaging is designed to house the new shape so whenever they are ready Chris will switch the manufacturing to the new shape to coincide.

I prefer the old shape as it matches the extremes but manufacturing costs require the design to be modified.
pcad

Post by pcad »

Postal tracking says my new V2 Blue Obsession was delivered today and is sitting in my office. While opening it won't be a problem I think I'll enjoy it more than the old version. These address the biggest failing of the old Obsessions of not being able to remove the core. I'll post my impressions tomorrow.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
pcad

Post by pcad »

My V2 Blue Obsession is open, which isn't a big surprise since I opened my first Blue quite a while ago. I'll review the basic changes here and the more detailed comments in the Blue Obsession Open Forum.

The Outer sleeve has been seen earlier. It seems to be the same shape that had shrink wrap designs. Mine is just the same black plastic the V1 Obsession had with the same Revomaze gold and black sticker. I find the shape comfortable, but less interesting looking without the grooves that the V1 had. There's no dot to line up in this design. There is a flat area the length of the widest part of the sleeve which keeps it from rolling too far.

The best part is that the core is removable. The modifications that allow this is that the exposed ends of the core are now a smaller diameter than the rest of the core. A small groove connects the end of the maze with the exposed knob. The groove is the same depth as the diameter of the knob. The groove is visible from the outside but since the knob is now a smaller diameter it doesn't create a groove in the end knob.

To get the core back in, the pin has to be compressed. It's a little difficult to do with fingers but it can be done. A small tool like a large jewelers screwdriver would make it easier. There's no directions on the instruction sheet for reassembling the puzzle, but if you can open it, I think getting it back together won't be a challenge. At least there's no small parts to lose.

All in all a much more enjoyable puzzle than the V1 Obsessions. Thanks Chris and company. It must feel good to be back in production again.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

pcad wrote:...
To get the core back in, the pin has to be compressed. It's a little difficult to do with fingers but it can be done. A small tool like a large jewelers screwdriver would make it easier. There's no directions on the instruction sheet for reassembling the puzzle, but if you can open it, I think getting it back together won't be a challenge. At least there's no small parts to lose.
This is really useful feedback! I initially had concerns about how tough people would find this, and whether it'd be too fiddly. Hopefully others will let us know how they get on with it too :)
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

I still think putting domed ends on the shaft would be a nice easy fix for what is quite clearly a bit of a problem.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
y2khappens

V2 BLACK OBSESSION

Post by y2khappens »

Slightly off on topic: Has any one heard of a
release date for the V2 Black Obsession?
Bill
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

I'm sure I've posted this elsewhere but can't find it. Anyway...
I suspect that the black that we all know up to now won't be made as a v2... I believe that as the original design was created by the engineer at the old manufacturers. Therefore, my guess is that the black v2 will be similar to the v1, but not the same (or at least in the same style).

As Chris is currently working on getting the Gold, Orange, and Handmade out my guess is that re-designing the black is fairly low on his list of priorities at the moment.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze

Return to “REVOMAZE Obsession General”