Blue Progress and Help

General Questions and Progress Updates.
0xffffffff

Re: Blue Progress and Help

Post by 0xffffffff »

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here, just received my obsession blue. Started mapping it from the start and in about 3 hours got stuck in "that place". Now i'm frustrated not knowing where to go. Could someone please direct me via PM - i'll send you the map, just point me where to look ? Thanks!
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

0xffffffff wrote:Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here, just received my obsession blue. Started mapping it from the start and in about 3 hours got stuck in "that place". Now i'm frustrated not knowing where to go. Could someone please direct me via PM - i'll send you the map, just point me where to look ? Thanks!
Unless your impossibly stuck and have been for a significant period of time i dont think it is wise to as for direction in how to proceed. And the best advice for when you get stuck is to make sure you map everything (yes even the traps) and to try to have a reasonable degree of accuracy, this should give you direction on where to go next.
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
Amdg3x7

Post by Amdg3x7 »

First timer here.

I've been stuck at "that part" for over 6 hrs of play time and I am frustrated beyond anything I ever been. (And I am an IT'r which says a lot). I don't want the solution just a few helpfull tips if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Revo!

My advice would be to map the traps in as much detail as possible. If you know where not to go, then by extension you also know where to go. ;)
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
Aaron_H

Post by Aaron_H »

My first Revo came today - a blue obsession. I got to what I assume is "that part" very quickly (maybe around an hour) but I've spent the rest of the day trying to get past it to no avail. I've mapped and remapped as best I can but I still can't get by it. I feel like I must be missing something, or that there must be some trick like going "around" a trap.. Oh well

Edit: remapped again as accurate as I possibly can and still can't see where to proceed. There's one path that's quite wide with a trap at the end but it seems like there's nothing else to do in there.
Blue Obsession - Solved
Black Obsession v2- Working through
Bronze Extreme - Resting
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

I have got past the first main bit of my blue, but not touched since then. This 'part' could be the bit I am at. No idea.

Is it meant to be a deadend? :3
What you think is a trap may not be one?
???

No idea at all,so some my questions could be unrelated.
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
psycholoner

Post by psycholoner »

Let me clear some stuff up. When I originally heard that I should map the traps, I thought that simply mapping where I fell was good enough. It wasn't until after I solved it that I found out it mean that I was supposed to literally map the trap traces. When you fall into a trap, don't simply just write down where it happened. Move around and map the trap (or ditches) for walls and dead ends. Do it just like you would do it if it were the main maze traces.

Think of it as just a lower level of the maze. Every wall you find while in the trap canals is either an exit from a different trap, a wall, or a main path. If you keep checking all of those, you might find a spot that you didn't explore properly.

Another tip. Never, ever, write off a section of the maze as a dead end until you have a complete understanding of all the traps and paths in it. Make sure you know where each trap starts and ends.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

psycholoner wrote:Let me clear some stuff up. When I originally heard that I should map the traps, I thought that simply mapping where I fell was good enough. It wasn't until after I solved it that I found out it mean that I was supposed to literally map the trap traces. When you fall into a trap, don't simply just write down where it happened. Move around and map the trap (or ditches) for walls and dead ends. Do it just like you would do it if it were the main maze traces.

Think of it as just a lower level of the maze. Every wall you find while in the trap canals is either an exit from a different trap, a wall, or a main path. If you keep checking all of those, you might find a spot that you didn't explore properly.

Another tip. Never, ever, write off a section of the maze as a dead end until you have a complete understanding of all the traps and paths in it. Make sure you know where each trap starts and ends.
Absolutely spot on! :)
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

Learning this young padawan is. The farce is strong in him - perhaps our gold, slay he will? :mrgreen:
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

allardwza wrote:Learning this young padawan is. The farce is strong in him - perhaps our gold, slay he will? :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Blue Obsession General”