Obsessions have arrived!

General Topics on our plastic range
peterxyz

instructions

Post by peterxyz »

Just had my blue, green and black mazes trun up.

First impressions;
1. smart, very professional packaging
2. "damn they've sent me 3 of the same puzzle!" (obviously user error on my part, but maybe put larger stickers on and add one to the front?)
3. The parts move very nicely :D
4. Not sure whether I should be pushing or pulling - the design doesn't make it clear which direction the shaft should be moving in.
5. Play with the blue one zip-zap-click - and the shaft slides out far enough to see half of the grey grubscrews on either side
6. Same with the Green and then the Black
7. Now I'm struggling to find clear instructions .... I presume that this isn't the finished state and that they should take somewhat longer than a minute or so ... I'm guessing that the click is a "trap" (since its "non-reversible" unlike the rest of the path)

What I desparately need is a clear set of instructions - to not only confirm to me that the click is a trap, etc. But also so that I can priont them out and give them with the maze to the person who I'm giving this as a gift to.

Peter
cdr2289

Re: instructions

Post by cdr2289 »

peterxyz wrote:Just had my blue, green and black mazes trun up.

First impressions;
1. smart, very professional packaging
2. "damn they've sent me 3 of the same puzzle!" (obviously user error on my part, but maybe put larger stickers on and add one to the front?)
3. The parts move very nicely :D
4. Not sure whether I should be pushing or pulling - the design doesn't make it clear which direction the shaft should be moving in.
5. Play with the blue one zip-zap-click - and the shaft slides out far enough to see half of the grey grubscrews on either side
6. Same with the Green and then the Black
7. Now I'm struggling to find clear instructions .... I presume that this isn't the finished state and that they should take somewhat longer than a minute or so ... I'm guessing that the click is a "trap" (since its "non-reversible" unlike the rest of the path)

What I desparately need is a clear set of instructions - to not only confirm to me that the click is a trap, etc. But also so that I can priont them out and give them with the maze to the person who I'm giving this as a gift to.

Peter

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum. You have indeed found the unique reset method, which mostly sends you right back to the beginning. That, most certainly, is NOT the end (just a teaser in many cases).

You must turn, push, pull, twist your way through - there are no more instructions. Welcome to finding your way through the caves blindfolded!!

:)

Enjoy!

You'll find the folks on the forum very helpful!

Chad
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
peterxyz

Post by peterxyz »

Chad - thanks for the prompt confirmation.
In termss of the instructions, I was thinking that it would be a good idea to add to the packaging/put of the website (I want to pack one of these up and send it around the world - I sincerely hope to be asleep when it is unpacked and not have anyone ring me to ask questions).

Peter
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

peterxyz wrote:4. Not sure whether I should be pushing or pulling - the design doesn't make it clear which direction the shaft should be moving in.
Yeh, I guess the design isn't clear in that respect... but that's all part of the puzzle ;) The more you play, the more you'll understand what your supposed to be doing :)

peterxyz wrote:5. Play with the blue one zip-zap-click - and the shaft slides out far enough to see half of the grey grubscrews on either side
The grebscrews you see aren't grubscrews, thats the hole with the certificate... it's like a teaser... you'll be able to remove the certificate once you reach the end at the hole is fully uncovered :) The real reason you see this is that the maze is exactly the same as the metal version, and when the shaft comes out as you've described it reveals the serial number of the maze, which is required for registration.

peterxyz wrote:7. Now I'm struggling to find clear instructions .... I presume that this isn't the finished state and that they should take somewhat longer than a minute or so ... I'm guessing that the click is a "trap" (since its "non-reversible" unlike the rest of the path)
It'll only take a minute or so once you've finally figured out the maze and put in a bit of practice at opening it ;) Yes, the click sound is the trap, at which point its time to reset and try again.

Hope that helps a little :)

Chris
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Jethreal

Obsessions have arrived!

Post by Jethreal »

Hi-o all,

Just got my set of Obsessions in (ordered all 4). Thanks Chris. Only took 2 weeks to arrive at my door (Canada). Now for the fun!
Blue: Opened Jan 20 2010

Obsession series acquired Mar 22, 2010
Blue Obsession: Mar 22, 2010
Green Obsession: April 1, 2010
Black Obsession: April 18, 2010
Red Obsession:

Green: in the process of temptation...
altarego

Re: OHHH THEY ARRIVED

Post by altarego »

Good to know that's about how long they're taking to arrive.

Hopefully mine will arrive (in the US) in another week or so. I've hit an impenetrable wall with the bronze extreme and I'm giving up for now. Instead, I'll go back and see if I missed anything, skipping the blue or green, by playing with their obsession iterations.
sheepish

Re: OHHH THEY ARRIVED

Post by sheepish »

Enjoy you'll have hours of fun :D
BLUE-Open GREEN-Open BRONZE-Open SILVER-Open Gold-????
Red-Open Orange- Open Handmade- Open
Davem

Hello!

Post by Davem »

hi, i'm new to Revomaze, my Blue Obsession arrived yesterday and i cant put it down, so addictive! and annoying as i keep 'clicking'

i dont think i'll ever do this thing but i'll keep trying!!

Dave angry at blue in portsmouth!
BLUE Open 21/09/10
Green working on it!
Red in box
Black in box
rage509

Re: Hello!

Post by rage509 »

Oh ye o' little faith just keep at it. If I can solve blue, you can solve it faster :D
Marbles GunMetal
MT01030
CU00035
TI00008
AQ01034 :)
BU02308 :)
V2 Green :)
V2 Bronze :)

Looking to buy any Revo that is not listed above
Davem

Re: Hello!

Post by Davem »

I'll do it, I'm completly addicted! All ready looking forward to the next when I have't done this one!

Lovin it
BLUE Open 21/09/10
Green working on it!
Red in box
Black in box

Return to “REVOMAZE Obsession General”