General Questions about the Obsessions

General Topics on our plastic range
nici1027

General Questions about the Obsessions

Post by nici1027 »

Hello All!

SO excited to be here! I just joined this forum, although I have not yet received my very first RevoMaze in the mail. STILL WAITING!! (Not very patiently, might I add!) ;) Anyway, I have some questions about my maze that is on the way--sorry if these questions have been asked before, but here goes:
1. Do the plastic versions still have certificates inside them?
2. Are ALL of the plastic versions black on the outside? I ordered the "blue" puzzle, but it said it came with a "Standard Black Sleeve" yet, on the website, there are pictures of red, blue, and black plastic RevoMazes. Just wondering!
3. On the website it says that you cannot fully remove the shaft on the plastic puzzles without destroying it--can I still get the certificate out (if there is one in the first place) without damaging the puzzle?
4. Last one, I promise! HOW DO YOU START? I've been looking at pictures and such and am still kind of confused by the concept of beginning the maze. Is the pin near the beginning of the shaft, and it stays stationary as you move throughout the labryinth? If so, how do you know how to begin? Does it come with instructions on how to start adn is it obvious when you have completed the puzzle?

Thanks so much for your help! I can at least talk about the puzzle and here some details while I wait for it to come in the mail!! (It may not come until the end of January! I ordered it on December 28th.)

Cheers,

Nici
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: Plastic Version Certificate? (and other things!)

Post by bluesign2k »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Some quick answers to your questions:

1. Yes
2. Yes. There were a limited number of coloured sleeves for the first bunch of orders, mainly those who pre-ordered. They all have black sleeves now but have different coloured stickers on the end of the shaft to tell you which maze it is.
3. Yes. When the puzzle is complete the shaft just stops and a small hole is revealed which holds the certificate. The shaft cannot be removed, but can be reset.
4. It'll (hopefully) be obvious when you get your hands on it. It's a cylindrical maze with the pin held in the sleeve. Basically the best thing to do is to just sit and play with it for a few minutes to explore your surroundings, then before you know it you'll mapping stuff out and pulling your hair out ;) :lol:

Hope that helps,

Chris
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
bulldawg

Post by bulldawg »

To echo Chris,

1. Yes. The certificate is very tightly rolled up into the hole, which is completely revealed once you finish the maze. Note that in some of the traps, the hole can be partially revealed (and you can see the paper in the hole), but don't get too excited since the hole does not entirely come out.
2. The colored sleeves were part of the pre-orders. The color level of the extreme is shown by the color of the logo on each end of the shaft.
3. When the hole is completely out, then you can remove the certificate. You may have to use a tiny screwdriver, tweezers, or some other instrument to push/pull it out.
4. Once you play with it for a minute, you'll figure it out. There is some tension at the starting point near the trap exit. You'll find the maze entrance in that area.

Have fun.
R2 Cosmic Voyager #54
Bronze V2 ext - opened!
Silver ext - AG00118 core (Revomaster Collection AP0023)
Blue obs - opened!
Green obs - opened!
Blk obs - opened!
Black V2 obs - received
Red obs - opened.
Indigo - in progress
Mercury - ordered
nici1027

Post by nici1027 »

oooooooo! Thanks everyone, so much for your answers. I understand much better now! The only problem is, now I'm even MORE excited for it to come in the mail, and I don't think that will be happening until the end of January! :cry: 28 days is a long time to wait! Any chance it could come in LESS than 28 days? I live in Chicago, by the way....
Well, anyway, thanks for your replies and I look forward to poking around in here and getting to know everyone!

nici :mrgreen:
left027

Re: General Questions about the Obsessions

Post by left027 »

So I'm thinking about getting the Blue and Green Obsessions. I've already solved the metal versions. Can anyone think of some reasons why I absolutely must buy the plastic or why it'd be a complete waste of money?
BU01079 2/8/11; GR00471 2/19/11; BR00473 2/23/11; AG00251 Revo-ing; Gold Sitting in its plastic bag
OR00031 Revo-ing; R00091 Revo-ing;Blue Obsession 3/23/11; Green Obsession 3/23/11; Black Obsession 3/6/11
MJShasko

Post by MJShasko »

left027 wrote:So I'm thinking about getting the Blue and Green Obsessions. I've already solved the metal versions. Can anyone think of some reasons why I absolutely must buy the plastic or why it'd be a complete waste of money?
The Blue/Green/Black OBS are

1) the best revos to let kids try
2) they travel well ... nice and light
3) they are a great escape for 10-30 minutes to solve during a coffee break
4) they don't need the trainer
5) relatively easy to show a non-revo person how to operate
6) they are not a waste of money - compared to all the other junk we tend to buy in our daily lives
7) excellent revos to improve your speed and dexterity
8) airport security is not an issue ... keep them at home !!
9) no parts to lose
10) darn fun all around....kind of a no brainer to get them.
BU00394 GR00177 BR00163 AG00211 AU00059 BL16LE R00059 OR00059
HM12-20 LM00059 TI40-50 BUobs BUobs2 GRobs BLobs BLobs2 RDobs

To do: R2 #59 PU000xx
left027

Post by left027 »

Ordered. Thanks for the push.
BU01079 2/8/11; GR00471 2/19/11; BR00473 2/23/11; AG00251 Revo-ing; Gold Sitting in its plastic bag
OR00031 Revo-ing; R00091 Revo-ing;Blue Obsession 3/23/11; Green Obsession 3/23/11; Black Obsession 3/6/11
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

MJShasko wrote:...8) airport security is not an issue...
Before we get a bunch of people trying to take obsessions on planes I should point out that this (unfortunately) isn't entirely true :(

I know Nigel got into some interesting conversations with airport security over a set of obsessions, if I remember correctly. He stood his ground and managed to take keep them (they initially wanted to confiscate them) and take them with him but I gather it wasn't easy and it took quite a bit to convince them.

Remember that obsessions don't dismantle, so even if you know the maze you won't be able to take it apart if the nice security man asks you to.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
mclebrun84

Post by mclebrun84 »

Do you think I can bring my Metal ones on a plane? (if I can get them open and dismantled)

P.S. I live and will travel in Canada... hope there not as strict as overseas or US...
Metal BLUE E BU01073: OPEN
Metal GREEN E GR00463: OPEN
Metal BRONZE E BR00505: Revoing
Metal SILVER E AG00171: Boxed
Metal GOLD E Wish list...
Metal RED E R00034: OPEN
MJShasko

Post by MJShasko »

mclebrun84 wrote:Do you think I can bring my Metal ones on a plane? (if I can get them open and dismantled)

P.S. I live and will travel in Canada... hope there not as strict as overseas or US...
You should only bring the metals in "checked" luggage not carry on.
Opened as well with all parts in clear zip-lock bags. Don't give them any reason to detain you.
BU00394 GR00177 BR00163 AG00211 AU00059 BL16LE R00059 OR00059
HM12-20 LM00059 TI40-50 BUobs BUobs2 GRobs BLobs BLobs2 RDobs

To do: R2 #59 PU000xx

Return to “REVOMAZE Obsession General”