Plastic Material

General Topics on our plastic range
ReallyBigTeeth

Plastic Material

Post by ReallyBigTeeth »

While I'm waiting for the next batch of Revomazes to ship, I thought I'd make some custom mazes of my own.
I'm adding a 4th axis to my little CNC to try to make some custom Revomaze cores, starting with a redesigned Gunmetal (the way I thought the maze was before I solved it) ;) . I've got some 1 inch acrylic rod that I think should work, but I wonder what the Obsession cores are made of. Does anyone know?
Indigo - Solved
Gunmetal - Solved
Copper - Solved
Bronze - Solved
Orange - Solved
Titanium - Solved
Silver - Closed
Orko

Re: Plastic Material

Post by Orko »

Maybe PTFE? :roll:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
jack55555

Post by jack55555 »

:o
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

Just ask Chris. He would probably be glad to tell you.
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
ReallyBigTeeth

Post by ReallyBigTeeth »

I actually shelved this project a long time ago due to software issues that couldn't be resolved. 4 axis milling with Fusion 360 and a TinyG driver was problematic to say the least. I couldn't find a reliable post processor for Fusion 360 that would work with the TinyG 4th axis. There were times where it wan'ted to drive the tool right through the centre of the part on a non cutting move. I managed to get a working tool path for cutting blank cores, but had to design the maze in a flat 3 axis model which means the y axis chip load will vary depending on how deep the tool is cutting. I'll work on it again some day. I recently bought one of the clear training sleeves that came with an Obsession maze, so maybe I have some motivation to work on it again soon.

I will also need to find a single flute plastic tool with the right diameter. The tools I have are either slightly too small or slightly too large to do single pass cuts in the maze.
Revomaze Blank Core.jpg
Revomaze Blank Core.jpg (103.16 KiB) Viewed 6416 times
Spoiler:
Revomaze Maze 1.jpg
Revomaze Maze 1.jpg (147.06 KiB) Viewed 6416 times
Indigo - Solved
Gunmetal - Solved
Copper - Solved
Bronze - Solved
Orange - Solved
Titanium - Solved
Silver - Closed