Black V2 Extreme

General Questions.
greenwolf86

Re: Black V2 Extreme

Post by greenwolf86 »

When you are taking additions to the list again, I'd like to be on it :D
I'm collecting unplated cores! Make me an offer if you are looking to part with any. Always looking for a black and a purple, too :?
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

greenwolf86 wrote:When you are taking additions to the list again, I'd like to be on it :D
I will see what I can do!
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

Dear All

As you know, darctangent has commissioned me to make the Black Merc in metal. While the idea was thought of a while back, darctangent now would like to get them made.

As the original Black was limited to just 20, that is what I will be doing this time as well. First off, it has to be understood that Mint, Salmon and Mercury will be shipping before production starts on this project. It will be made on my machine and once finished, no more will be made under any circumstances.

I realize that the original Black is one of the highest valued out there, after I sold them for just £50 each. But without projects like this, we would not be in business. Being a premium product, the Revomaze requires an top end price to be produced but many say they get value for money long term, which limits the number of sales.

My aim this time is to take a refundable reservation fee to lock each of the 20 slots. While some commissions are well over £1000, I have costed this more realistic knowing the ROI value long term will be much higher to people.

https://www.revomaze.co.uk/?product=rev ... al-project

darctangent has done a quick interest list and has 17 slots already marked as possible. I understand that the market is tough but my aim is to provide working capital to enable me ensure all the projects are met, now I have personally invested all my savings into the company machinery, we have the ability to make my parts as and when I need them.

Everyone has showed great patience and belief in the Revomaze, but in the past, I was not able to deliver due to many circumstances. Quality is my goal and the equipment I had was just not up to the level needed for the puzzles. That has now changed and I will be striving to get everyone back on side after a long and very difficult and personal journey.

If you are interested, you can request a PayPal invoice for the refundable Reservation Fee. As you are aware I have my priorities first but will be looking to have the design around Christmas. At least I will be able to run them all off using the new machine.

dartangent is still the coordinator so you can keep in touch with him.

One final point, I am sure there will be many people who would like to have the Black Merc, so I have reserved BKM07-20 for a lottery for all the people who did not reserve one of the other numbers in time. We will use the bonus ball on a UK lottery draw (date to be confirmed) until we have someone who is eligible to buy the final puzzle.

The design and final product information can be discussed and I will go with the majority. I really look forward to the finished result of this Special Project.

Best

Chris
ReVoMaster
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

I wish I had a bucket full of money, but alas I must pass. Oh well.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Deleted out of respect for Chris of my own accord.

My frustration should have been brought up to Chris before voicing them here. I apologize to all.
Last edited by ReVoRabbit on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

I'm an avid collector, but I will also pass on this one based on price and the existing Revomazes I'm waiting on.
Starting over
stet

Post by stet »

My thoughts on the look of it is that I would prefer nickle plated since I intend to solve this. Gold plating seems best for display puzzles / special extra editions of puzzle which I have normal versions of to play with. I do want it to look different from the original Black. I wonder if going flat would be enough to stand out since the original ones are quite old now and don't necessarily have the original gloss to them anymore. I like the idea of silver stripes around it.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

I agree stet! Nickel plated with silver lines would look quite sharp as would gold plated with gold lines. :)
Last edited by darctangent on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

ReVoRabbit wrote:I feel Chris is taking the fact that some revomazes have sold for $1000 and assuming most of us can and will buy this puzzle for $665 and still be able to turn a $300+ profit on it. This generally isn't what collectors do!

I have over 30 RevoMaze puzzles some of which do not reliably work and/or probably cannot be solved, plus 5 series 2 puzzles paid for with no manufacturing in sight.

I think this puzzle, as much as I would love to say yes, is grossly overpriced and therefore is the point where I say "No!" Since this ends the reign of my set #20... perhaps it's time to seriously consider selling it all and requesting a refund for what hasn't been delivered.
Contacted you by email Steve!
ReVoMaster
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

ReVoRabbit wrote:I feel Chris is taking the fact that some revomazes have sold for $1000 and assuming most of us can and will buy this puzzle for $665 and still be able to turn a $300+ profit on it. This generally isn't what collectors do!
I would rather support Chris by paying a premium for a rare product than buy from a fellow puzzler that purchased this at a lower price in hopes of selling for a profit. I think Chris has learned this about his rare puzzles and is trying to bring this extra capital back home so he can make sure he stays in business.
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake

Return to “Black Merc General”