Green Obsession

General Questions and Progress Updates.
mcparty

Green Obsession

Post by mcparty »

Through a strike of luck, I was able to obtain a full set of the original obsessions (blue, green, black, and red). They are all from the V1 series.
I completed the blue relatively easy in under 3 hours of total solve time and have started on the green. I am curious if these models correspond to their metal counterparts? If so, which models correspond to which?

I ask because I would like to post any questions I may have in the green sub instead of the obsession forum (a lot less active)

Thanks in advance for the support!

-Mike
Open:Aqua, Blue, Green, Black, Bronze, Mint, and Salmon
In Progress: Orange
Looking For: Indigo, Titanium, Copper
Paradox

Re: Green Obsession

Post by Paradox »

Since this is a topic on Obsession mazes in general, I have moved the topic to the corresponding forum area.

In answer to your question though, the Blue, Green, Black and Red Obsession mazes (V1s) are (on the whole) identical to their metal Extreme counterparts.

Many people think there's a big difference to the 'feel' of solving an Obsession compared with an extreme. And some say the Extremes give more feedback, so more chance for you to save yourself from falling at the last second.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

Ah thank you for the move and my apologies for posting in the wrong spot. I definitely see why people prefer the extremes, but for the price, the obsessions have been pretty nice. The quality is definitely still very high even though they are plastic.

I've heard the red obsession is extremely difficult and has issues... What do people mean?
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

The red obsession is completely different from any other decimate. It was designed with a single purpose in mind that might become apparent to you after some time. I strongly suggest that you enjoy the blue, green, and black puzzles before you spend too much time on the red obsession. Remember, if you've tested all other possibilities, whatever remains must be the truth.
mcparty

Post by mcparty »

In terms of difficulty, where does the Red obsession fall? Before or after the bronze extreme?
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

It's very difficult to answer that question....for reasons. Parts of the red obsession are very difficult to do.
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

mcparty wrote:
I've heard the red obsession is extremely difficult and has issues... What do people mean?
from personal experience and *censored*
Last edited by mattangel on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't spoil the surprise
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake

Return to “Green Obsession General”