V2 Obsession difference

General Topics on our plastic range
Rollerbones

V2 Obsession difference

Post by Rollerbones »

Hi, I just bought my first Revomaze witch is the V2 Obsession black Green sticker on end). I also have a V2 Blue Pro I think (red sticker on end). Is the difficulty the same on both of these? I wanted to start with the easier version and I am unsure. Not sure why the Red end is considered black and the green end is black unless I don't understand something? (I am a newB)

Thanks
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: V2 Obsession difference

Post by bluesign2k »

The maze in the Blue Pro is essentially the same as all the other Blues... which are the introductory mazes. The pro element was added so that you could compete with others to solve the maze n times in the fastest time you could.

Therefore I would start with the Blue Pro and solve it a few times so that a) you can remove the core and b) you get to know how to feel your way around the mazes and notice what's relevant... the last bit will be helpful on the black.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Rollerbones

Post by Rollerbones »

Thank you.

So the Red R on the Blue pro is correct for this version?
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

If it has a smooth sleeve rather than a ridged one then yes.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Rollerbones

Post by Rollerbones »

Thanks, it does.

Tom
pcad

Post by pcad »

With regards to the label colors...

Once upon a time there were only four little Revo obsessions, the Blue, the Green, the Black, and the Red obsessions. Each of them had a logical colored coded emblem on the ends of their cores.

The Red was too fragile and was discontinued. This left lots of red emblems unused.

The Black had to be retired when Chris no longer used the company that made the design to manufacture the puzzles. This would have resulted in extra black emblems. Fortunately a second Black design (V2) associated with the new manufacturing company needed some black emblems too.

The poor little Green design never got to be updated when the new and improved removable cores were released. Poor little Green design. Of course this meant there were lots of left over green emblems with nothing to do.

Eventually there were no more black emblems for the Black V2 design. Oh dear, what should they do? They couldn't be shipped without their emblems. The left over green and red emblems both cried, "use me, use me !!!". Well, it didn't make much sense to put a bright color like red on a black design, so they used the less flashy, more subdued green emblems for the rest of the Black V2 obsessions. No one will notice the difference in the dark.

Some time later the Blue Pro was born. How, no one really knows for sure. But the Pro was special, very special. It was so special that it simply wouldn't do to use a blue emblem on it. It needed something that screams "here I am, look at me !!". The red emblems were so excited they couldn't say a thing. It was a match made in heaven. That's why all the Blue Pro's that have rolled of the assembly line have proudly worn a bright, hot rod, red emblem on each end.

So, a blue is a blue, a green is a black and a red is a fancy blue. They lived happily ever after until the end of their production lives.

The End.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

^ beautiful. New bedtime story.
MJShasko

Post by MJShasko »

...but what about the obsessions versions that had those fancy coloured sleeves? or the special logo sleeves?

The bed time story needs an epilogue !!
BU00394 GR00177 BR00163 AG00211 AU00059 BL16LE R00059 OR00059
HM12-20 LM00059 TI40-50 BUobs BUobs2 GRobs BLobs BLobs2 RDobs

To do: R2 #59 PU000xx
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

Ah, indeed.
Rollerbones

Post by Rollerbones »

This is great! Color explanation within a story!

:D

Return to “REVOMAZE Obsession General”