How do I remove the blue pro shaft

General Questions and Progress Updates.
CzMeteo

How do I remove the blue pro shaft

Post by CzMeteo »

I know that you must solve the puzzle six times to be counted as solved. I have gotten to the "end zone" at least 6 times. It just twirls arround with no other exit except back to the beginning. I am wondering if you must solve it 6 times with out making a single mistake or just six times in general? Also is there a trick to pull the shaft out. Do you need to line anything up or bang it a few times. I can see both dots clearly but I can not figure out a way to remove the shaft, remove what seems to be a certificate or see the maze.
Alimorris

Re: How do I remove the blue pro shaft

Post by Alimorris »

Hi CzMeteo, from the sounds of what you have described the Blue pro is working fine in as much as you can make it to the area that spins.

What you might need to do is when you get to that area, make sure that when you reset it, it drops straight into the main reset chanel and not the last part of the maze. Once you have completed this it should pull all the way out.

You do not have to solve the six runs without making a mistake. You just need to solve it six times.

If this still does not work then PM me and I will explain another thing you may need to do.
I Hope this helps.
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

Oh boy, this is the first time I read this,..... I'm really gonna need loads of time! :D
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

Alimorris wrote: What you might need to do is when you get to that area, make sure that when you reset it, it drops straight into the main reset chanel and not the last part of the maze. Once you have completed this it should pull all the way out.
I have both the blue pro obsession and the blue extreme v1 I know how the extreme ends and I know how the obsession ends. However on the obsession I get to the continuously spinning area with the only one exit that sends you back to the beginning. I have gotten to this exact location 8 times (not flawlessly though) and went down the only exit, the main trap line. I have tried and there is nothing indicating that I can pull it out or that this solve Is any different that others.

I am quite perplexed on how the mech would open after it has been solved 6 times.
Is there something that I am missing about opening an obsession compared to a metal extreme version?
By the way the puzzle is v2 so I know that these shafts are supposed to come out.
pcad

Post by pcad »

Look for my pm :)
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

I hope pcad has put you right.

You can reset the end part so that it starts again. You may need to do this.
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

The Internet posts and reviews were right. The revomaze community is extremely kind, willing to help and just awesome people. Thank you for the help. Especially thanks to pcad.

I figured out what was wrong now that I followed your instructions. I have no idea but my pin had fallen off the brass counter. This caused it to be impossible if you don't know how to re-align the counter. Not knowing how the counter works, I was completely confused.

To clarify for anyone who may have this problem. If when you get to the end of the maze and you can circle around infinitely with the only option is to reset then you are in the "end zone". Normally you get to this point, twist the shaft CCW about 45° then drop down the main line and repeat six times. On the sixth when you hit the finish you can go straight through and the puzzle pulls out with no banging necessary. My problem was my pin fell out of the counter. If you get to the end zone and the shaft rotates sometimes with some resistance but can rotate freely with less resistance for about half the way, then you have fallen off the counter and the puzzle becomes impossible. To fix this spin it CW a few times until you hit the resistance. Then drag it against the bottom to drop down right away with out going back to make sure it is in line. If the next time you solve it there is no spot with less resistance with others, then it is fixed. Solve it a few more times and boom it comes out. To make sure you don't encounter this mistake again, with out taking the brass counter out, move it left so the opposite side groove is lined up with the puzzle finish. Drop down the main line and there should be little resistance doing so. This will properly reset the counter to 6 and the puzzle will need to be solved 6 times. Hope this helps!
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

My question then becomes, if you take the counter out and forget to put it back in, and insert the puzzle, it then becomes impossible to take the shaft out again with out breaking the puzzle. Am I correct or is there a fail safe or some other method as a back up?
pcad

Post by pcad »

That's correct. If its reassembled without the doohickey then the only way to open it involves cutting, drilling etc. This would allow it to be opened but then the doohickey won't work as intended either. Let's not and say we did. ;)

BTW, your posts might get edited since its too descriptive of what's inside. That's why I pm'd you instead of just posting it.
Last edited by pcad on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

It's still possible to rotate on the final solve, doing that could make it so you have to turn it the opposite direction to reset the mechanism and start over again. That is, if you fall into the groove that the mechanism is in, you can get out the normal small-twist way, but it'd result in you falling in again. If you go the opposite direction (sorry I'm not sure whether to describe that as clockwise or counter as I don't have mine with me at the moment)

IF somehow it got re-assembled without the mechanism, it'd be rather difficult to open without damage (if even possible at all.)
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.

Return to “Blue Pro Obsession General”