What Revomaze Obsessions are there?

General Topics on our plastic range
robbaylis79

Can I get the 3rd Obsession still?

Post by robbaylis79 »

Hey guys, I have brought the Green and Blue Obsessions 1 after another over the last couple of weeks. Now that I have completed both I wanted to move onto the 3rd.

I only just realized that the 3rd Obsession only comes with the set of 3. Has anyone been able to buy the 3rd separately?

I didnt know this was the case and it would be such a shame for me to miss out because of a simple mistake. I have literally brought the other 2 over the space of a few weeks as well.

I emailed Justin and Chris but have not had e reply :o/

From your experience will I have much chance of being able to buy it still or have I basically lost out now?
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
robbaylis79

Re: Can I get the 3rd Obsession still?

Post by robbaylis79 »

I actually meant Joseph. Dont know where I got the name Justin lol :roll:
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Lime = In preparation...
Copper = On its way...
robbaylis79

What Revomaze Obsessions are there?

Post by robbaylis79 »

Im a little confused here guys. On the official site there is only a blue, green and red obsession. I brought the blue and green without knowing I couldnt buy the red separately. But I have just looked on Ebay and there seems to be 4 different Obsessions. There is a Blue, Green, Black & Red.
Im thinking of buying these as id like the full set. Are these genuine Revomazes? As I have not seen a Black before on the official site, it also says the reds are discontinued.
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Lime = In preparation...
Copper = On its way...
Naz737

Re: What Revomaze Obsessions are there?

Post by Naz737 »

Some of the mazes (actual Red, black obs version1) are no longer being produced. The Blue Pro (right now) has the Red "R" on it to denote its the Blue Pro. However the body styles has changed for these. The Version 2 body (smooth shell) with the red cap is the blue pro. The version 1 body with the red cap i believe is the red obs. However earlier there was the choice of a blue, red or black colored body.

So right now... to buy the obs set means a blue cap (blue Extreme look a like), green cap (green extreme look a like) and the red cap is the blue pro.

I do understand there is somewhat of a mix up between the obs blacks and the color cap they were. Apparently some of the green caps are actually the black obs.

Version1 black obs being the look a like to the black extreme and the black v2 being its own maze from another company. The engineers designed them. And as they have switched companies who produces them means they lost the rights to that puzzle. And may be harder to find.
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

So the black v2 on Ebay im seeing is actually made by a different company then?

This company also sells the v2 blue pro. Which im guessing is the 1 to go for then? Id like to get 1 more obsession before I move onto the bronze.

Well I emailed Chris and Joesph on the off chance that I could purchase the v2 pro as id made a mistake buying the other 2 separately. As they seem to be still available if you buy them as the set.
Hopefully ill have some luck. Not really sure about ordering from these guys from Canada, but if thats the way to get 1... ill be getting my credit card out haha.

Cheers for the info Naz
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Lime = In preparation...
Copper = On its way...
Mr. Tea

Post by Mr. Tea »

The current green obsession for sale is the black obs v2 not based on green extreme as they ran out of black "R" stickers. Proof of this is:

"The Second chapter in your Revo voyage is a far more intense journey. With a wall-less entry, extended bridge and more complex static progression maze the Obsession Lv 2 takes mazing to the next level."

also
RevoGuy wrote:Just to clarify the Obsession Level 2 (Green) is the same as the Obsession Black. We have ran out of Black bubble labels so we are using up the Green labels we have rather than ordering more which would push the price of the puzzle up. Sorry for any confusion caused.
from http://www.revomaze.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... 1&start=70

I think it should be referred as level 2 obsession maybe to prevent further confusion?
BU01080 Open
BR00486 Open
OR00108 Open
TI (SE) 18-50 Open
LM00018 Playing
Blue Obs Open, Blue Obs Pro Open, Black Obs Closed
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

Hmm... if thats the case then fair enough. But I watched a video on YouTube of the inventor Chris Pitt talking about them. He explains that there is a blue obsession, then a green, then a black then the red. All going up in difficulty with each 1. Here is the link where he states that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdqQRTIn44o I just want clarification as id like to buy each 1. But I dont want to go buying 1 which could be exactly the same apart from the colour of the sticker
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Lime = In preparation...
Copper = On its way...
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

That being said. When I joined the green obsession open group. The map isnt the same as mine at all. Would I be right in guessing that there is no longer an obsession version of the green extreme?

Its not very easy distinguishing the different types for a new comer. Greens are blacks, blacks are greens. Blue pros are actually red. What am I to think haha
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Lime = In preparation...
Copper = On its way...
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

robbaylis79 wrote:Its not very easy distinguishing the different types for a new comer. Greens are blacks, blacks are greens. Blue pros are actually red. What am I to think haha
It's not just newcomers that get confused, believe me! :?

Also, two similar topics have been merged.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
BarnDoor

Post by BarnDoor »

robbaylis79 wrote:That being said. When I joined the green obsession open group. The map isnt the same as mine at all. Would I be right in guessing that there is no longer an obsession version of the green extreme?

Its not very easy distinguishing the different types for a new comer. Greens are blacks, blacks are greens. Blue pros are actually red. What am I to think haha
There is no longer an Obsession version of the Green extreme. It hasn't been available for quite a while.

The Green Obsession would have had a little certificate rolled up and through a hole in the shaft. You would have needed to email the 10 character code from this to Revomaze HQ to get on the Green Obsession Open group.

The Blue Pro Obsession is very similar to the Blue Obsession - it is more or less the same maze but you have to go through it 6 times to open the core.

Black Obsession V1 and V2 are different mazes, both good. Black V1 has been unavailable for ages. The Black V2 maze only exists in Obsession form and is well worth looking for.

I think the general consensus would be to avoid the Red Obsession at all costs ( and it is hard to find )

Return to “REVOMAZE Obsession General”