More Obsessions?

General Topics on our plastic range
Garland27

More Obsessions?

Post by Garland27 »

Was just wondering if there were any plans to make any more different puzzles in the Obsession range? I have the blue and Black V2 already and would love some more...
Will

Re: More Obsessions?

Post by Will »

The obsessions can only be static mazes due to material issues, and so there were limited choices on what puzzles can be remade into obsessions. Now the red, green, and black v1 obs was extinct so only the Titanium obsession was left to be made, but that would be only going to the CE owners, too.

Surely Chris can make a obsession line on it's own, but seems like he just wants to use the original designs on them. There's a few new puzzles going out in the holiday season, so you might also expect a obs.
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

Will wrote:The obsessions can only be static mazes due to material issues, and so there were limited choices on what puzzles can be remade into obsessions....
Tbh I dont think this is an issue as the obs are very robust in themselves and the dynamic parts that I have seen (i.e. the orange and bronze) could quite easily be ported to plastic without worry and if there is worry about those parts inparticular being made out of plastic they could always be made from metal and put in the obs as the weight difference it would make to the puzzle would be barely noticeable.

so i would definitely disagree with you about there not being any dynamic obs because of material issues, after all you can get a blue pro!

Now the obsession were made as a cheaper option so that more people are likely to buy them, because the price tag of the extreme's is enough to put most people off buying them (i consider myself a puzzle fanatic and i couldnt justify paying for an extreme without ever trying one so i 1st bought an obsession).

Also the obsession is aimed at the mass majority (as far as im aware that was the reasoning behind them however i may be wrong) and most people arent to bothered by puzzles and as such if the puzzle is difficult they will loose interest and not bother with it again, and since the dynamic revos are a lot harder than the static revos it is unlikely that dynamic obsessions would sell well as most people would find them too difficult.
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
rage509

Post by rage509 »

So are there any plans on making new obsessions in the near future? I wish my bronze was as light as an obsession. Maybe the weight difference will keep me from sinking to the bottom of the pool :lol:
Marbles GunMetal
MT01030
CU00035
TI00008
AQ01034 :)
BU02308 :)
V2 Green :)
V2 Bronze :)

Looking to buy any Revo that is not listed above

Return to “REVOMAZE Obsession General”