Best Blue Pro times

General Questions and Progress Updates.
pcad

Best Blue Pro times

Post by pcad »

My first timed run on the Pro was 6:17. I know, not real impressive, but I did fall off the maze 3 times. My next try I was able to do it in 5:31 and I made it through without any resets.

I'm sure that many of you will do it much faster than I can. Since I don't usually worry about how fast I go I was surprised at how difficult it is to go as fast as possible.The first two times through the maze were easy, the others not so much. My hands started to tire after the first two passes and was rather uncomfortable by the time I finished. :oops:

On the website Chris says he'd like to think that someone will be able to do the Pro in less than 1 minute. That sounds virtually impossible to me, but that's not saying much. ;)
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Fabregas485

Re: Best Blue Pro times

Post by Fabregas485 »

On youtube people do about 30 secs. thats 3 mins plus getting tired so I would say maybe 3.30mins total.

I am sure there are people who can do that easily.
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
maztec

Post by maztec »

There are a few people who have done the Blue normal in 8 to 15 seconds (if I remember correctly). So, under a minute is possible, barely.
OOOOOOOoo
pcad

Post by pcad »

I can do a single pass through the Pro in 31.5 seconds so it's not like I'm a complete spaz. ;) There's just no way I can keep up that pace. Stringing six perfect 10 second runs together for a 1 minute time is going to be quite a feat! Another issue not seen with single passes is the time spent to reset to the start after each pass. Once you get to the end and it clicks you have to make a small twist, push the core back in via the reset channel and then do a 360 twist to enter the maze again. Even if that takes only a second, now a person has to be able to do 9 second passes to stay under a minute. They have to go 10% faster. If someone can do the Pro that fast I'll be amazed. :shock:

I would say a sub 3 minute run should be possible and a sub 2 minute run might be possible by those that are the very fastest people that can do 10-15 second single passes. Under a minute? I want to see the videotape with a melted Revomaze at the end. :D
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

If my photoshop skills were that good I would add a melted revo here :lol:
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

maztec wrote:There are a few people who have done the Blue normal in 8 to 15 seconds (if I remember correctly). So, under a minute is possible, barely.
Id love to see video of someone opening one that fast!
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
maztec

Post by maztec »

There used to be one of Chris' son opening one that fast . . . not sure where it is now. Search the forums?

Here's a 16.29s vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GT2a-PqBKo
OOOOOOOoo
pcad

Post by pcad »

Very impressive video! Hard to believe that anyone can do that twice as fast.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

By the look of that 16 sec one, the guy could have done it slightly faster. He seemed to have failed slighty in that one
pcad

Post by pcad »

I was checking out the Revomaze website in case there was anything new. I already knew the Blue Pro has been discontinued but I read the blurb anyway.

I my be wrong and this may be old news, but somewhere along the line someone at Revomaze decided to make those able to open a Blue Pro in under a minute eligible for a prize. What prize, you ask? How about a Purple SE. Did anyone else know about this?

I personally don't think a sub 60 second time is possible for me, but with the right incentive maybe there's someone out there that can. I don't think the Pro is still available but I'd have to check. I dont think it would be difficult to make more if there was a demand for them.

Edit: Just checked the website. The Blue Pro is described as discontinued, but apparently there's still two available. None of the other Obsessions are available, just the discontinued model. I have to remember not to be surprised but anything Revo.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened

Return to “Blue Pro Obsession General”