Black V2?

General Questions and Progress Updates.
maztec

Re: Black V2?

Post by maztec »

Well. So much for our snarky responses. I stand corrected.
OOOOOOOoo
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

....crawls back into the corner and drools over the innards of his AU... :oops:

Hey ho, who'd have known?
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

And we (the whole Revomaze community) were thinking Revomazes are identified by their color...
Oh boy, let's hope they don't have red bubble labels left over from old times.
Garland27

Post by Garland27 »

Cheers for that Revoguy.
Alimorris

Re:

Post by Alimorris »

a-maze-ing wrote:And we (the whole Revomaze community) were thinking Revomazes are identified by their color...
Oh boy, let's hope they don't have red bubble labels left over from old times.
Ha ha Louis...the red labels that are left over are what is on the end of the Blue-pro!
Recycling at its very best :D
Of you understand what you are getting, there is no problem.
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
Paradox

Re: Re:

Post by Paradox »

Alimorris wrote:If you understand what you are getting, there is no problem.
Buying may not be a problem for Revoers, but when people are selling them on via eBay and the like it definitely is!
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

RevoGuy wrote:Just to clarify the Obsession Level 2 (Green) is the same as the Obsession Black. We have ran out of Black bubble labels so we are using up the Green labels we have rather than ordering more which would push the price of the puzzle up. Sorry for any confusion caused.
I'm confused. Not a difficult thing to do. What is the Green Level 2 Obsession? Is it the same as a Green Extreme or is it a Black Obsession or a Black Obsession v2?
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
pcad

Post by pcad »

Regardless of label color there have been versions of the Blue, Green, both Black designs and the Red. It's not clear if the Titanium Obsession will ever be made. It might since the TiSE was for the people who bought the CE set before a certain date. Later CE sets may include a Ti Obsession but that's just a guess.

AFAIK, the Green, Red and the 1st Black are no longer made and are unavailable. The Blue Pro is listed as discontinued but may still be available and uses a red label. The 2nd Black design uses a green label. They seem to have enough blue labels for the Blue obsessions.

IMO, they could start making any of them again except, perhaps the 1st Black since Chris didn't design it. The Red was too delicate and shouldn't be made for several reasons. I see no reason why the green design couldn't be made again.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
shadedjuice

Post by shadedjuice »

BBloke wrote:
RevoGuy wrote:Just to clarify the Obsession Level 2 (Green) is the same as the Obsession Black. We have ran out of Black bubble labels so we are using up the Green labels we have rather than ordering more which would push the price of the puzzle up. Sorry for any confusion caused.
I'm confused. Not a difficult thing to do. What is the Green Level 2 Obsession? Is it the same as a Green Extreme or is it a Black Obsession or a Black Obsession v2?
My apologies for asking again... I just want a clarification asking this same question in my own words because this is somewhat confusing. Is the Obsession listed under "Revomaze Obsession Level 2 (Green) - As Seen On Channel 5's The Gadget Show - Back in stock!" on the website a V2 Black Obsession? That this is a different maze than the V1 Black and not a green? Just uses a Green bubble label?

Thank you and apologies for the repetition.
Blue/Green/Black Obsession= Open
Red Obsession = (Sold), R00052 = Open (Sold)
AU00056 = Open, BR02188 = Open, Copper00056 = Open
GM30590 = Shelved, IN00131 = Open
HM3-02-10 = Open, SA-66-SE, AG11001=Open
pcad

Post by pcad »

First, Joe / RevoGuy would be the one to ask. I can only guess.

My guess is that they're describing the second black design. The original green obsession based on the green extreme wouldn't be described as having curved features. Some may dispute this, but it's a much better description of the second black design.

The description of being the second step in revo difficulty used to be used for the green design and probably is still used for the green extreme description. When the second black design was released there were some of us that said that it was what the original green design should have been. Now that the green design is no longer used in the obsession line the second black design is the best stepping stone from the blue to the bronze and I think most would agree.

Is it confusing to use the green label on the 2nd black design, sure. One way to tell is that the green obsession did not have a removable core. The 1st black obsession wasn't removable either. An obsession with a green label and a removable core is the 2nd black design until proven otherwise.

If this wasn't confusing enough, the early 2nd black design obsessions had the black label. I'd say that when they ran out of black labels they found a new use for the green labels. They did the same thing with the blue pro and used the left over red labels on it.

Check with Joe to be sure though. ;)
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves

Return to “Black v2 Obsession General”