Markers on the plastic

General Topics on our plastic range
Monty22001

Markers on the plastic

Post by Monty22001 »

I had to use markers on my Blue to get it done. They'd wear out after a few times and I'd retouch at that hardest transition area. Apparently the Green has a lot more of that area, so I'm wondering, will the sharpie marker come off the plastic or be more perm than the metal ones?
allardwza

Re: Markers on the plastic

Post by allardwza »

I found that Sharpies tended to wipe off the nickel shafts very quickly - but found that just a thick, soft pencil worked pretty well on the plastic shafts for 'long enough' - and then you can take an eraser to them anyway... ;)

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
Monty22001

Post by Monty22001 »

I just wanted to make sure that the sharpie perm stuff won't really 'perm' on the plastic green obsession. For me mapping isn't that helpful, but marking sure is.
Monty22001

Post by Monty22001 »

And Allard, I think a soft pencil might be the best too. I'm gonna need to do something obviously to wind through the green area.
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

I'd avoid a Sharpie on the Obsession. It might be hard to get out from between the tiny ridges on the plastic. Allard
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

I wouldn't mark the shaft at all. Mapping onto a piece of paper, or into Excel makes it a bit more challenging. Drawing on the shaft surely makes it too easy, and where's the fun in that?
y2khappens

Post by y2khappens »

I prefer to use my dremmel. 8-)
Bill
Monty22001

Post by Monty22001 »

Stigy wrote:I wouldn't mark the shaft at all. Mapping onto a piece of paper, or into Excel makes it a bit more challenging. Drawing on the shaft surely makes it too easy, and where's the fun in that?
lol, it does make it 'easier'. I'm not a glutton for too much punishment though I guess. I think the ridges might be a real problem though to totally get the marker off compared to the metal.

My poor Blue's finish is basically worn off from a solid 10-14 hours of messing with it. The sharpie would wear off, I only needed it at 2 or 3 places.
BarnDoor

Post by BarnDoor »

Monty22001 wrote: My poor Blue's finish is basically worn off from a solid 10-14 hours of messing with it. .
Do you mean where you were handling it, i.e. around the serial number part? That's just tarnishing of the nickel plate. Metal polish ( such as "Autosol" ) brings it back to good as new.
Monty22001

Post by Monty22001 »

Yeah, it's pretty roughed up after 10 hours or so on the areas i've handled. I'll try polishing it, thanks. I was thinking I had flat out wore the finish off.

Return to “REVOMAZE Obsession General”