In over my head

General Topics on our plastic range
Philmcg56

In over my head

Post by Philmcg56 »

Hi all this is my first post and like most of my first posts on forums it is to request some assistance ( sorry). I was at the gadget show live the other day and sought out the revomaze stall as I was intent on coming home with one. When I got there the stall was pretty busy so I only had quick look and told the guy I wanted one, there was two options blue obsession or black obs and I went for the one described as more of a challenge, which is probably an error on my part. This is where I could use a little help if possible i cannot seem to get started the only path I can find leads to 2 dead ends and a trap, I'm convinced there is something wrong with it but concede it is more likely just down to me. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? If not maybe a tip or two on best way to manoeuvre the puzzle may come in handy. Also after playing with this even though I ain't getting anywhere I am amazed at the quality and am intent on getting hopefully a full set but see a lot are out of production and sold out is there any chance of these being remade at anytime? Thanks for any assistance
maztec

Re: In over my head

Post by maztec »

Sounds like it is working beautifully.

The trick is to take it slow and steady. Feel everything out. Observe both positive space and negative space. Map. Map. Map. And be patient.

The black is not impossible as a first puzzle, but it is a serious challenge as it provides a solid challenge of exploration.

Good luck!

Oh and the only tips you will ever get are - slow, steady, map, patient, think.

;)
OOOOOOOoo
Philmcg56

Post by Philmcg56 »

Thank you for your quick response, ok i shall struggle on and hopefully stumble across something I haven't noticed yet as (unlikely as it seems). As for mapping I have my pencil and paper ready for the second I find anything like an opening
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

so you bought the balck obs? its a very nice 1st maze i enjoyed it!!

when i 1st started it i had that same problem but its not broken you just havent found the right way yet keep persevering and map everything you come across. i didnt start mapping until i was about 3/4 of the way through my black but mapping does help alot!!!

as far as i know all the revomaze extremes are still available just some are low stock so you might want to order them quickly if not maybe a collectors set is the way to go?

currently the only revomazes that are sold out (to my knowledge i could very well be wrong) ar the limited or special editions such as the black extreme, red extreme and hand made. these are quite rare as there is only 20 black extremes, 20 handmades and 125 red extremes and the only way to get one is to buy it 2nd hand which could be difficult as not many people with them would be willing to sell them
Last edited by mattangel on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited puzzle #'s
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
Philmcg56

Post by Philmcg56 »

Again thanks for the replies after much frustration I can now report that I have found my way past that damn trap and can now feel the maze I was convinced just wasnt there. So it was indeed just down to me and my clumsy hands I'm so happy but am now no doubt set for more frustration but bring it on! Thanks again for the encouragement
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

glad to hear you figure it out :D
R1

Ex #88:

R2 Voyager #88
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Please don't be so quick to finish the Black Obs. You'll get the most bang for your buck if you MAP it out as well! (Even if you don't need to map) You may be surprised with what you find!
Philmcg56

Post by Philmcg56 »

Yeah thanks I am trying to map as I go, and me finishing this little bugger too fast is unlikely to be an issue I think but I am defo gonna add more of these to my collection
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

mattangel1 wrote:.... MAP it out as well! (Even if you don't need to map) You may be surprised with what you find!

i know i was :D
R1

Ex #88:

R2 Voyager #88
left027

Post by left027 »

I didn't map it out. I wish I had. :)
BU01079 2/8/11; GR00471 2/19/11; BR00473 2/23/11; AG00251 Revo-ing; Gold Sitting in its plastic bag
OR00031 Revo-ing; R00091 Revo-ing;Blue Obsession 3/23/11; Green Obsession 3/23/11; Black Obsession 3/6/11

Return to “REVOMAZE Obsession General”