Musings on the competition

Discussion about our Series I competition.
cdr2289

Musings on the competition

Post by cdr2289 »

Am just curious, now that we're getting down to the puzzles that might just be too difficult for some ;)

Will there be any means to prevent an unscrupulous type from opening the Revo by some means of force, just to get on the board, or a shot at the series code (say when all that's left is the gold)...

Any thoughts about this?
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
farrel669

Re: Musings on the competition

Post by farrel669 »

I believe that upon submitting the series code you are required to show that all the revomaze's that you have used to get it are undamaged.
BU00008SE - Open
GR00008SE - Open
BR00008SE - Open
AG00141EX - Open
BL08LE - Open
LM00284 - ????
OR00283 - ????
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

getting on ther leader board? any cheater can do that. But to be eligible for the tournament one must present their disassembled puzzle for inspection. During inspection it will be verified that the puzzle was opened by proper means. we can all see the track and pin dents. and of course it all has to be in working order.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
maztec

Post by maztec »

Don't drop your puzzle! ;)
OOOOOOOoo
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

ReVoRabbit wrote:During inspection it will be verified that the puzzle was opened by proper means. we can all see the track and pin dents. and of course it all has to be in working order.

I figured as much; but couldn't see anything of the sorts in the T & C's or other...
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Ok, while we are at it... can't someone with plenty of $$$ then buy 2 of each and only register one. Thus, they could brute force their way into every puzzle then calmly open the undamaged ones for inspection.

Really, if anyone did this they'd be a sad individual. Being first by cheating is not in fact being first... since you didn't actually "solve" anything no matter what the leaderboard would say, assuming you didn't get caught. Also, it would be painfully obvious come "Purple" time and you'd look like a douche. Oh, and I am sure we could rig your hotel door to have a Revomaze for a lock... good luck getting out! :twisted:
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

I had that exact same thought!! someone could buy two, just to get into the comp / get the series code... but you're right, you'd be a total douchebag :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus, i can't imagine someone destroying one of these; like kicking a puppy.
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

the thing here is that brute force wont work on these babies. you'd have to drill out the pin. And although that would work fine on the blue or green, when we start getting into the harder puzzles, it wouldnt help much i dont think. Besides, I'm sure chris isnt going to send 2 golds to the same guy on the same day. If he really has a reason to buy 2 (like he wants one that is still a virgin), then he can wait on the second one. Although I guess you are right, any one of us could get a buddy in another state or city to buy a second one, send it to you, and then you drill out the pin and then have a perfect map. However I think the extremely quick opening time would put you under suspect. Unless you spent the next couple months practicing constantly, you'd never have enough usage marks on your shaft to be allowed in the tournament.

The sad thing is that anyone who cares that little about the puzzle, the competition, Chris, us, RevoMaze, is of low scruples anyway, and it'll be hard to stop them. Then again I'm pretty sure if anyone is that into the tournament, it would be one of 'us' and i'm pretty sure all of us on here are all about RevoMaze and the puzzles, not about the tournament and money.
Last edited by ReVoRabbit on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
matt_dales

Post by matt_dales »

ReVoRabbit wrote:the thing here is that brute force wont work on these babies. you'd have to drill out the pin. And although that would work fine on the blue or green, when we start getting into the harder puzzles, it wouldnt help much i dont think. Besides, I'm sure chris isnt going to send 2 golds to the same guy on the same day. If he really has a reason to buy 2 (like he wants one that is still a virgin), then he can wait on the second one. Although I guess you are right, any one of us could get a buddy in another state or city to buy a second one, send it to you, and then you drill out the pin and then have a perfect map. However I think the extremely quick opening time would put you under suspect. Unless you spent the next couple months practicing constantly, you'd never have enough usage marks on your shaft to be allowed in the tournament.

The sad thing is that anyone who cares that little about the puzzle, the competition, Chris, us, RevoMaze, if of low scruples anyway, and it'll be hard to stop them. Then again I'm pretty sure if anyone is that into the tournament, it would be one of 'us' and i'm pretty sure all of us on here are all about RevoMaze and the puzzles, not about the tournament and money.
Well said :)
BL00138 OPEN
GR00064 OPEN
BR00164 OPEN
AG00164 OPEN, First to open V2
AU00000 DREADING
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

Right on Rabbit.
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened