Where is my Puzzle?

General Questions.
matt_dales

Re: Where is my Puzzle?

Post by matt_dales »

I do understand where you are coming from I just trying to lighten the mood. I have invested aswell, gives us something to look forward to doesnt it??? :)
BL00138 OPEN
GR00064 OPEN
BR00164 OPEN
AG00164 OPEN, First to open V2
AU00000 DREADING
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

It sure does! Guess I'm just getting that "day before Christmas" excitement. Everything I have has been opened so just really looking forward to gold!
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
left027

Post by left027 »

Valid points all around. I bet there's an update around Feb 5th when they have that get together.
BU01079 2/8/11; GR00471 2/19/11; BR00473 2/23/11; AG00251 Revo-ing; Gold Sitting in its plastic bag
OR00031 Revo-ing; R00091 Revo-ing;Blue Obsession 3/23/11; Green Obsession 3/23/11; Black Obsession 3/6/11
vonsch

Post by vonsch »

I think the biggest issue here is that we have not heard from Chris directly. Not too long ago this was a viable place to get information. There was a user on here by the name of RevoMaster who could answer most questions.

I understand that he is swamped. But it does not take more than 5 minutes to pop on here and post a status update. That is certainly not too much to ask, especially in the case of being behind on release by 6 months.

I also think we would feel differently if it wasn't a cycle of "delay is plating issues, pushing hard to get the mazes out in November, delay is plating issues, pushing hard to get the mazes out in December, delay is plating issues, pushing hard to get the mazes out in January. There is no good information there.
BU-GR-BR-AG-R-AQ-GM-TI-CU-TQ-IN-MT-OR-SA
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

RevoMaster logged in a few days ago and logs in with a steady frequency. I'm sure he's answering private PMs rather than going through hundreds of new posts. :) Just because he isn't posting publicly doesn't me he's not answering questions. Mods make a list of forum concerns (Things to discuss with RevoMaster...it's there, I promise!) and compile them for Nigel. We keep this list updated with any new issues. Nigel then meets face-to-face with Chris to discuss these concerns and receives input to release to the forums. Nigel also compiles a list of specific complaints found on the forum and gives it to Chris.

The point is that Chris has his eye on the forum and he's receiving the feedback he needs. He's also releasing all the information he can through Nigel (Announcements) and other portals.

With the holiday rush now over, I'm sure we'll be hearing from him a lot more!

-Matt
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

So the cycle continues. Many new puzzlers are waiting for mazes, and getting frustrated because a puzzle hasn't shipped, and they've read every good comment us "old hand's" have written, and want to be part of it. Unfortunately, the old hand's are now getting tired and restless, as each new date comes and goes, with no progress and no Gold shipped.

The time is coming where all the good work Chris has done on the fantastic customer service is starting to slide. While the importance of new customers is clear, keeping those you already have happy is just as important. Yes Chris is running a small company, dealing with a huge boom in popularity, but there's only so long that we can sit with no real progress toward the end of the Series 1 puzzles.

Nigel, we can't thank you enough for the updates, and trying to keep us in the loop. Chris, if you're reading this, please find 10 mins to pop online, and send us an update directly. Many of us would appreciate it. If I was in your part of the world, I'm sure I'd have no issue helping out with assembly or packing or whatever I could to make life easier. After all, I would like to see my gold just as much as the new buyers would like their first puzzle.

Fingers crossed for an update, and a shipping puzzle, but in the meantime, I'm looking elsewhere for my puzzling fix, and will be trying my hand at designing a few of my own. After all I need something to keep the mind sharp!
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Barcared

Post by Barcared »

The information is exactly as I get it. It's good at the time it is given but then turns bad when the promises fail to materialise.

I feel more frustrated than you guys as I now seem to be the frontline for taking the flak. I have mentioned constantly to Chris that he needs to pop his head in here from time to time just to give members a degree of confidence in their orders. I also agree now that the delay is no longer acceptable and I will tell Chris that on Saturday.

I will not be giving any further updates until Chris has confirmed a GUARANTEED date for the gold release and made a statement to that effect on here.

My responsibility is solely to look after the forum and I may have overstepped the boundaries of this responsibility by becoming the spokesperson for RevoMaze. I just stepped up to the plate when Chris became quiet.

Your views and also those of others will be put across to Chris in the strongest manner possible on Saturday. I hear you. I just hope Chris does as well!
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

Thank you Nigel. We know you are doing your best!
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

Thank you very much Nigel for the words and understanding! They are appreciated! Hopefuly Chris will sort all this out soon and we can all go crazy with gold!
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

@Barcared
it displeases me greatly that anyone is giving you a hard time for giving out information that doesnt materialize. you make it very clear that you are a messanger, nothing more. we should all be appreciating your words, nothing more.

I've mentioned this to chris and andrew both, they should be giving updates, not launch dates. it is my belief that if one is going to post a launch date, they should have a trove of the item in their warehouse/garage/livingroom/underbed because only then are you fullfilling 100% of your word.

I believe one of the things that makes Revomaze strong is that there are 0 disgruntled customers. by failing to meet a deadline one sets for themselves is calling for disaster. i mean heck, you set the deadline, why cant you meet it? i mean there are a few of us on here that understand exactly why, but i dont think thats the majority of the planet. above all else, PEOPLE IS STUPID!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes