Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
maztec

Re: Where is my Puzzle?

Post by maztec »

altarego wrote:*sigh* Pure hubris.

Chris should have foreseen these problems when the V1 Silvers started physically breaking. This isn't an engineering issue so much as a design issue. The plans for the Gold design have been around for what, at least 2 years now? If two engineering and plating companies can't meet basic quality control for 200 objects, then you *have* to start looking at the product design. The whole thing should have been scrapped a year ago and completely reworked, knowing the tolerances of the media used to create the puzzle.

At this point, I'm not worried about Chris making an exceptional puzzle...he always delivers. I'm just worried that the mechanism is going to break the moment I apply X newtons of force in one particular direction, and topple the house of cards he's surrounded himself with.
I think the initial delay may be chocked up to that. But I believe that Chris has simplified this puzzle at least twice, to meet the requirements of the engineers. The problem with the former engineers wasn't just with this puzzle, they were messing up the Blue and the Green as well. The problem became systematic. The new engineers seem to know their job though and have pushed Chris to refine his design (from what I have understood from his previous messages), in order to guarantee it can be engineered well and not break easily. I have faith that in the future this will be significantly better and less of a problem. In the mean time though, to a degree, you were right.
OOOOOOOoo
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

I am kind of in that rut when it comes to the Gold as well. It has actually got to the point where I don't touch my unsolved Silver much anymore. I am hoping that once my Gold (and one day the Orange) arrives I will get some more interest back and go at it again.

Although I am not too bothered by all of this anymore. I am actually thinking I might be very content to have the puzzles and mess with them once in awhile and see what happens. If I get into a really interested phase then I go for an hour, and if I don't pick it up for a month it is no big deal.

I have already solved my two main goals of the series (Red & Bronze) because of their reputations as being massive head scratchers and sort of the test to see if you have any real chance at solving Silver and Gold. My chances of getting into the competition are super slim so at this point I am just doing them for fun and I feel no need to rush anymore.

and yes.. I kind of blame the algorythm for this, not so much the delays. It has frustrated me a lot and I can only hope the physical puzzle will clear it up in my head.

Either way I can live with where I am in the Revomaze-world and I am content to 'eventually' solve the remaining puzzles.
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

Really? No update any time soon? I figured that we'd at least hear about the first gold being finished and at least hear about testing was going. Sigh. :(
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
LM00249-Working
EABlade

Post by EABlade »

it's the Revo drought... :cry: will I ever see a new revomaze :?
“We are one big family of people, trying to make our way through the unfolding puzzle of life.”

Bronze For the Memories and Gold - Broken
the rest was X SOLD X BGSROGTLv1
Proud Member of The Team
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

my guess (and this is total speculation) is that there has been another set back. It seems like the updates go quiet when there is bad news to report... just my guess... I'd love to be proved otherwise...

EDIT: well, it appears to be that progress is still moving forward! Good to hear!
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

well we got a decent update sunday. off to the platers it is...

i assumed these would be shipped out by the months end. now i think not. however i suspect we'll see the first live user pictures of a gold by the end of next month.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

Quick riddle. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck..... For the love of god Chris please finish the gold! :shock:
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
LM00249-Working
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

its almost funny (in a totally sad way) to read the long road of updates that we've received on Gold for the past YEAR! Kind of misleading on the progress at the early stages for sure...

Basically NO update last weekend, yet another promise of an update during the week.
Well, the week is almost over, so I won't expect another non-update until Sunday...

That being said, I'm too busy for Gold at the moment... Started a new job on Monday, so lots of learning to do...

-D
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Congrats smiteo. hope you enjoy it.

Riddle Answer: A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood...

but he cant, so dont worry about it! :lol:
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL