Where is my Puzzle?

General Questions.
Sejanus

Re: Where is my Puzzle?

Post by Sejanus »

jsnbrtn wrote:Well the last update did not contain anything more than the previous so called updates, to be honest I don't want anymore updates if they contain no useful information. No reply to my mail to Chris either, as he requested for people with concerns!

I want a date for gold, not another excuse etc, etc, just a simple release date, and also I would appreciate none of those "you must understand" type responses which I find quite patronising frankly. I am an intelligent person and do understand an awful lot of things but not why this situation has been allowed to continue for so long, I don't grasp why we are all just making excuses for this to be continuing. What happened to the Summer Holiday release and need I say it all the release dates previous to this over the past year?

Now we are hearing via the latest update the hint of financial difficulties, understandable as the whole globe is pretty much feeling the pinch but where is this leading to?

Sorry to sound off but I am now beginning to lose respect and seriously considering getting rid of my collection of 0019's including the limiteds.
This is the part of the email that honestly struck the most. I am glad someone else noticed it as well. My first question when I read that was after my reaction was "What does THAT mean?" considering I had never heard anything of the sort in previous updates.

I think all of us are frustrated at this point, and I don't think it is a secret that these forums are very very quiet these days. I do not think these are unrelated.
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
Barcared

Post by Barcared »

I have just seen your concerns and thought it appropriate to write in response, not on behalf of Chris as I am not an employee of RevoMaze, but as I am still in contact with Chris and voice our joint concerns to him.

I spoke with Chris today and he confirmed that he will soon be in a position to announce a release date and by that I mean SOON! ;) He was with the engineers yesterday and they are a long way forward having hit a number of small snags whilst they get used to the intricacies of what is a completely new product for them.

The financial issues mentioned are mostly historic and also as a consequence of Chris' dealings with the previous manufacturer. Please don't read anything further into this.

I know it feels as though we have been strung along but a positive end is in sight, not just on the gold but on the other outstanding puzzles also.

This is the last time I will ask you all to hang in there as I have been purposely been keeping quiet as I've felt all communication should come from Chris but I have read all your posts and am voicing your concerns.

Cheers, Nigel
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

That is wonderful to hear Nigel, thank you for taking the time to reply to some of our posts.

Here's hoping is indeed SOON. :D
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

(group high five!) NEW SUITS! YES!

Stay classy, I'm Ron Burgundy.
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

Barcared wrote: I spoke with Chris today and he confirmed that he will soon be in a position to announce a release date and by that I mean SOON! ;) He was with the engineers yesterday and they are a long way forward having hit a number of small snags whilst they get used to the intricacies of what is a completely new product for them.

I know it feels as though we have been strung along but a positive end is in sight, not just on the gold but on the other outstanding puzzles also.

Cheers, Nigel
Thanks Nigel for this update.

We all feel very frustrated but Chris has also felt VERY frustrated in that a high quality puzzle he designed was ending up as a lesser quality piece.We can all see why he does not want these issues ever again.

It'll be great once everything is back on track and the whole forum gets back to the 'Hustle & Bustle' that is fun puzzles.....
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

another sunday...

*sigh*
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

i didnt see an email update, however i see that a green arrived so that must mean we are well on our way!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

ReVoRabbit wrote:i didnt see an email update, however i see that a green arrived so that must mean we are well on our way!
I won't believe anything until the puzzle is in my hands... too many promises of updates saying we're really close, stringing us along...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

i totally hear, feel, and understand your point of view. At the same time i know where chris is coming from. I had a set of 42 plastic toys to be made for me by the same company that does stuff for Blizzard, so i know they are good. i was under the understanding that i'd have all product delivered within 6 weeks. its now been 9 months and its nearly impossible for me to give updates because the toy company keeps giving me dates they dont keep. i'm sure chris is in this same position. if a plater says i'll have it monday and you go out of your way to be there monday to inspect and pick up product, but they haven't even started what do you do? go to another plater? then the process starts all over and takes even longer! its a challenge to say the least. I as i'm sure Chris understands the frustration of everyone. when things do get sorted out, we'll all be on the high road.

with our support, maybe there will be a RevoFactory where everything is done in house and we wont ever have to worry about this kind of stuff again. One can dream! Keep your chins up folks, we'll get them and they WILL BE GREAT!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
MJShasko

Post by MJShasko »

I've always wondered about the whole plating issue as a component of the finished product. While it certainly looks great, does it add anything to the motion of the pin and utility of the puzzle?

Maybe save the plating for the collectors sets and special editions and leave it off for the general revos.
BU00394 GR00177 BR00163 AG00211 AU00059 BL16LE R00059 OR00059
HM12-20 LM00059 TI40-50 BUobs BUobs2 GRobs BLobs BLobs2 RDobs

To do: R2 #59 PU000xx

Return to “Gold General”