Where is my Puzzle?

General Questions.
TheJuggler

Re: Where is my Puzzle?

Post by TheJuggler »

Here Here ReVoRabbit. Understand completely that Nigel is passing on the info he has, as soon as he has it, and is the one source we've had for any info. None of the frustration is directed toward him ... heck, in all my dealings with Nigel he's been great ... helpful, quick and above all a really decent person to talk to.

I hope everyone has a great time with the Puzzle Party at the weekend, and that the fun and enjoyment is in no way overshadowed by any of the manufacturing issues being faced by Revomaze currently.

Happy puzzling, oh, and let's not shoot our messenger!
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
adamwest

Post by adamwest »

I would just like to say "banana hammock" ok I am done.
Well that and I want a puzzle that works right, but maybe HQ needs to expand.
peaches

Westy
Proud owner of set #16 (RevoTaster)

BU00016 OPEN x and o
GR00016 OPEN x and o
Black o OPEN
BR00016
OPEN
RD00016 OPEN
AG00016 OPEN
AU00016 CLOSED
OR00016 OPEN (mark you're just mean ;) )
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

Please don't rush Chris in shipping the gold. we would rather have a puzzle of high quality that will last and be enjoyable, than one that has had compromises in order to meet the demands of the customer!

Quality and engineering come before schedule!!
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
jsnbrtn

Post by jsnbrtn »

thayneq wrote:Please don't rush Chris in shipping the gold. we would rather have a puzzle of high quality that will last and be enjoyable, than one that has had compromises in order to meet the demands of the customer!

Wouldn't exactly call it a rush my friend, more importantly as already said it was not us that set the launch dates for these, and one big issue that needs to be addressed is communication.
It is unfortunate that a forum member is carrying this on his shoulders and still no word from Chris.
Ex & Ltd
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN== v2
OPEN== v1 .....Just!!!
OPEN==
OPEN==
=[iiii]=
OPEN==
Obs
TEST==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

jsnbrtn wrote:
thayneq wrote:Please don't rush Chris in shipping the gold. we would rather have a puzzle of high quality that will last and be enjoyable, than one that has had compromises in order to meet the demands of the customer!

Wouldn't exactly call it a rush my friend, more importantly as already said it was not us that set the launch dates for these, and one big issue that needs to be addressed is communication.
It is unfortunate that a forum member is carrying this on his shoulders and still no word from Chris.
Agreed that a lack of communication can leave people wondering, but at the end of the day, I'd rather have a puzzle that was properly designed, engineered, and tested, rather than one that has cut corners. Wouldn't you? Isn't that worth waiting for? (recall ramisis?)

Besides, all evidence from Revomaze Inc suggests that the company takes care of its customers when problems arise, so I think we ought to just sit tight and be patient.
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

@jsnbrtn, I understand where you are coming from when you say he set the dates. But Chris can't expect those plating issues he had the past months. That is why he has given us dates. He thought, or at least I think he did, that the gold would be done by those dates he has given us. He did not expect these issues arising.
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

I don't mean to be rude in anyway when I say this so please don't take it as such, but I really don't understand all of the fuss.
I'm sure that Chris would be more than happy to give people their money back for items they haven't yet received. Also there isn't exactly a time limit on any of the products, so there shouldn't be any need for a rush in getting them.

I have heard from many people that Chris would simply not be happy to send out anything short of a 100% perfect puzzle, and as it's his company's reputation (and his own) on the line then why shouldn't he be entitled to postpone shipping until he is happy?
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
adamwest

Post by adamwest »

I am torn, I want Chris to focus on the gold, so it doesn't bother me that he isn't on here much. Think of it this way how much time do revo adicts "waste" on the forum? I don't want Chris to burn that much time on here. But I like puzzles and I wouldn't let Chris give me back my money even if he wanted to. I am not worried about when I get my puzzle becuase I know that it will be as quick as Chris can manage. I have seen this forum grow from 20 or so people to what it is now, and think that we all need to breathe and think about what is important. All that being said I think that the fact that everyone really wants there puzzles says that it is a good product, it just takes a while to get it. enough ranting....... looking for gold!!!
Proud owner of set #16 (RevoTaster)

BU00016 OPEN x and o
GR00016 OPEN x and o
Black o OPEN
BR00016
OPEN
RD00016 OPEN
AG00016 OPEN
AU00016 CLOSED
OR00016 OPEN (mark you're just mean ;) )
jsnbrtn

Post by jsnbrtn »

Of course I understand what has just been said, I also understand that people want a "perfect" puzzle.
I have said this before and stick by it, with the greatest respect we need to hear from the horses mouth so to speak. I hope I don't offend anyone but people keep on about being "patient", "Chris is doing his best" etc. I am sure he is but what I know regarding any update is coming from third parties not apparently from Revomaze, the company.
A lot of members have waited 6 months since the pre-order with delayed release date followed by yet more delayed release dates which have not been met. The updates are kindly provided by a forum member who in turn has now placed himself in the firing line for the "impatient" and "waiting".
I don't think anyone at this point can be accused of being impatient,why anyone would say otherwise beats me. Chris needs to make an announcement to give us all a realistic expectation and in turn this would hopefully take the heat off him and calm the waiting, I know he is busy but someone has said he is on here regularly and possibly answering PM's, it is surely then not difficult to make an announcement of some kind. It is the lack of accurate information and the reliance on speculation that is the biggest issue here.
Ex & Ltd
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN== v2
OPEN== v1 .....Just!!!
OPEN==
OPEN==
=[iiii]=
OPEN==
Obs
TEST==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
left027

Post by left027 »

What is it exactly that most of you would like to hear Chris say? I mean, we already know that the problems are being sorted through and a date will be given soon. Is it just that simple? You want Chris to tell us that? Or do you want more contact from him? Personally, I would prefer no updates unless they're groundbreaking news. I do completely agree that updates should come from him though and not from a very informed forum member. (Thanks btw)

I haven't been a part of this community for too long, but I know Chris is working his tail off. I also know that most, if not all, of the members on this forum know Chris is working his tail off. I don't think anyone is doubting that he's trying his best to get the Gold out. I think this dissension is stemming primarily from a lack of information. If I am right and that is the case, would regular updates (even if there's nothing particularly interesting) alleviate the angst? I'm just asking, because if I were him and I read this I would want to know what my customers want from me. So yeah, what do you really want him to do/say at this point?
BU01079 2/8/11; GR00471 2/19/11; BR00473 2/23/11; AG00251 Revo-ing; Gold Sitting in its plastic bag
OR00031 Revo-ing; R00091 Revo-ing;Blue Obsession 3/23/11; Green Obsession 3/23/11; Black Obsession 3/6/11

Return to “Gold General”