Where is my Puzzle?

General Questions.
Sejanus

Re: Where is my Puzzle?

Post by Sejanus »

EABlade wrote:
Gdamatov77 wrote: I will definitely need help with the gold. "Calls the devil for his expansive knowledge on all things evil." :twisted:
Gabi You can't even open the Bronze and we have all told you to work on that one first!!!
Bronze is just a slightly darker kind of Gold colour..? :roll:
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Not sure how anyone else feels, but I'm losing interest somewhat in the Gold puzzle.

I am perhaps one of a few who came to the series quite late, and solved all 4 main series (plus black - thanks Smiteo!) within a couple of months of starting, and I will fully admit that I was hooked. I really wanted to move from one to the next as soon as opening each puzzle.

Now I have waited 8+ months for Gold which was (at the point I started) just a month from completion. Yes, I know many have waited FAR longer for gold, so perhaps feel differently.

The problem I have just now, is that despite having loved opening the first four, I'm now somewhat less bothered about opening Gold. Yes, I'll spend time on it, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get hooked again, and just want to open it. Here's hoping.

The algorithm puts me off, as I love mechanical puzzles. Too much of my work life is mathematical/algorithmic puzzles, and I would rather not do that for fun, however it's part of the puzzle, and I'm sure I'll solve that part too.

For now, I'm happy to have solved the first four, and I've made a number of good friends here, and been introduced to many more puzzles, rekindling a love I have had for many, many years, on which I had not spent as much time as I should. I wait to see how much enthusiasm I have for gold when it is in my hands.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

I bet? You'll be hooked again. Waiting is always the hardest. Hang tough!
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
Trenchx

Post by Trenchx »

TheJuggler wrote:Not sure how anyone else feels, but I'm losing interest somewhat in the Gold puzzle.

I am perhaps one of a few who came to the series quite late, and solved all 4 main series (plus black - thanks Smiteo!) within a couple of months of starting, and I will fully admit that I was hooked. I really wanted to move from one to the next as soon as opening each puzzle.

Now I have waited 8+ months for Gold which was (at the point I started) just a month from completion. Yes, I know many have waited FAR longer for gold, so perhaps feel differently.

The problem I have just now, is that despite having loved opening the first four, I'm now somewhat less bothered about opening Gold. Yes, I'll spend time on it, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get hooked again, and just want to open it. Here's hoping.

The algorithm puts me off, as I love mechanical puzzles. Too much of my work life is mathematical/algorithmic puzzles, and I would rather not do that for fun, however it's part of the puzzle, and I'm sure I'll solve that part too.

For now, I'm happy to have solved the first four, and I've made a number of good friends here, and been introduced to many more puzzles, rekindling a love I have had for many, many years, on which I had not spent as much time as I should. I wait to see how much enthusiasm I have for gold when it is in my hands.
Personally, the fact that there has been this level of quality control, the fact this puzzle is going to have so many more pieces (which excites and scares me as to what is going to be going on in that puzzle) and that fact that this is going to be the top one to beat has me way more excited then when new first news broke out on it.

It might be a little while until I have leveled up to it but I am definately going to take a crack at it.

I have seen some puzzles of equal or higher cost and quality is far lower. IMHO this is what makes them so good is the craftmanship and the feeling of progression with them and the new tricks you must learn about. If they were to somehow get put in chain store in the states these things would sell like crazy! They are just so different and durable. I have quite a collection of puzzles and these are my favorites.

Don't mean I don't puzzle anything else but I really love how these things get me thinking.

Anyways, yeah, the waiting has been murder for those who have completed the others but with the amount quality that goes into these things, the legwork done to fine the right people to engineer and reate these things, and the fact that this will be the hardest one to crack has me excited.

In short, the level of quality will be worth the wait. What I *don't* want is a crap product and for it to be rushed out. I think if the quality was not to this level it would be much more difficult to wait and it would be more tempting to cancel. Service here has been excellent and the puzzles I have cleared of both Obsession and Metals have been excellent. I have no issues waiting from anything with the Maze R on it.

I am sure as you start getting into gold the puzzle bug will bite again.
Blue Obs and Ex - Solved
Green Obs and Ex - Solved
Black Obs - Solved
Bronze Ex - Puzzling
Red Obs and Ex, Silver Ex - Sleeping

Gold Ex and Orange Ex - Preordered
jsnbrtn

Post by jsnbrtn »

TheJuggler wrote:Not sure how anyone else feels, but I'm losing interest somewhat in the Gold puzzle.
I do have to admit that the excitement has now worn off somewhat. I understand the wait reasons, plating, quality control, company changes etc, but feel the pre-ordering system is flawed and the wait extremely off putting, avid followers will no doubt shout me down on my opinions.

The wait now no longer holds excitement unfortunately but hopefully my feelings will be different upon it's arrival....whenever that may be. ;)
Ex & Ltd
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN== v2
OPEN== v1 .....Just!!!
OPEN==
OPEN==
=[iiii]=
OPEN==
Obs
TEST==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

jsnbrtn wrote:
I do have to admit that the excitement has now worn off somewhat. I understand the wait reasons, plating, quality control, company changes etc, but feel the pre-ordering system is flawed and the wait extremely off putting, avid followers will no doubt shout me down on my opinions.

The wait now no longer holds excitement unfortunately but hopefully my feelings will be different upon it's arrival....whenever that may be. ;)
I don't feel that you are alone, Jsnbrtn! I think more than a few of the old-timers are feeling this way... I just hope my feelings change when the puzzle arrives...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
altarego

Post by altarego »

*sigh* Pure hubris.

Chris should have foreseen these problems when the V1 Silvers started physically breaking. This isn't an engineering issue so much as a design issue. The plans for the Gold design have been around for what, at least 2 years now? If two engineering and plating companies can't meet basic quality control for 200 objects, then you *have* to start looking at the product design. The whole thing should have been scrapped a year ago and completely reworked, knowing the tolerances of the media used to create the puzzle.

At this point, I'm not worried about Chris making an exceptional puzzle...he always delivers. I'm just worried that the mechanism is going to break the moment I apply X newtons of force in one particular direction, and topple the house of cards he's surrounded himself with.
jsnbrtn

Post by jsnbrtn »

altarego wrote:*sigh* Pure hubris.
Now there's a word I've not heard for sometime, couldn't agree more, very apt ;)
Ex & Ltd
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN== v2
OPEN== v1 .....Just!!!
OPEN==
OPEN==
=[iiii]=
OPEN==
Obs
TEST==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
vonsch

Post by vonsch »

It's apparently time for the quarterly where's my puzzle pity party.

Now that there are regular updates, I'm unconcerned about the delays. I say let him take all the time he needs.
EABlade

Post by EABlade »

Chris has been working hard, Please note he is 1 person... this is not some large company with many people working on puzzles... he has "3" puzzles going. #1 The gold, #2 The OJ, and #3 the Handmade.
I'm sure it'll be worth your wait if you have any issue please PM the Team, or Revo HQ I'm sure it'll be answered :D
“We are one big family of people, trying to make our way through the unfolding puzzle of life.”

Bronze For the Memories and Gold - Broken
the rest was X SOLD X BGSROGTLv1
Proud Member of The Team

Return to “Gold General”