question for those who have opened the gold

General Questions.
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: question for those who have opened the gold

Post by bluesign2k »

Yes and no. Chris has said that we have worked out the algorithm codes but as this was due to the extra clue, given it doesn't count. Proving you have an algorithm that works by solving 5 extra code is not enough on its own. Chris' wants a full explanation to the original clues.

As you may have guessed, those who have opened their gold all seem to have found an algorithm that works (I believe our methods all vary slightly too), but none appear to directly follow the clues :shock:

Oh, and you now all have to explain this too: 6364

Good luck!
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
maztec

Post by maztec »

Could swear he said that some time ago. Ahh well. Leaves me with one clue I still cannot put name to, which means I see no point in hurrying (i.e., brute forcing) my way through it, unless I get bored.
OOOOOOOoo
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

So from now on it´s not in the hands and brains of the revo-users any more.

Sounds to me like Chris just doesn´t want the competition to go on now.
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

Or its a point of pride that there are "none open yet". *shrug.

Im tabling the ol' beast for now. Im going to let the innards rest till i can... solve the ever fabled algorithm. Being that i'll be home sometime next month i'll have plenty to do without the gold.
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

There seems to be a slight difference between
'solving the algorithm and opening RevoGold'
and
'solving the algorithm as intended by Chris using only the initial 10 clues, and opening the RevoGold, and answering 5 test clues, and explaining 6364'

I am glad I 'opened Revogold'

Thank goodness he did not use public code cryptology too!-)
Mr. Tea

Post by Mr. Tea »

What does this mean with respect to the collectors set? Does that mean it's closer to being made up as 5 golds have been solved or still the same place as no-one has solved the algorithm the way it was meant to be solved?
BU01080 Open
BR00486 Open
OR00108 Open
TI (SE) 18-50 Open
LM00018 Playing
Blue Obs Open, Blue Obs Pro Open, Black Obs Closed
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

bluesign2k wrote: Proving you have an algorithm that works by solving 5 extra code is not enough on its own. Chris' wants a full explanation to the original clues.
Awesome. So we have to explain these original clues that make absolutely no sense at all! The more I read about this the less and less I want to bother with it.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
matrixagent

Post by matrixagent »

bluesign2k wrote:Chris has said that we have worked out the algorithm codes but as this was due to the extra clue, given it doesn't count.
Sounds to me like the goal posts have been moved - Was it ever stipulated that there would only be 10 clues that really count? all sounds a bit hap hazard to me

I mentioned on another thread - but I'll ask again here(now that you've opened it) do you think it is mechanically more challenging that the silver? For instance had the gold been shipped with three numbers to apply to the device- would it hold up against the silver?

Cheers,

Russ.
RevoMaze 1 - Open
Open - :D
Open - How long is that!?
Open - Sneaky.
Open - My thumbs hurt.
Open - TWO of the little bleeders!!!
Lime "Infinite" - Open(first)
Open - Happy now
That'd be like giving a cat a reach-around
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

matrixagent wrote:...I mentioned on another thread - but I'll ask again here(now that you've opened it) do you think it is mechanically more challenging that the silver? For instance had the gold been shipped with three numbers to apply to the device- would it hold up against the silver?

Cheers,

Russ.
Short answer: no.
Personally, the silver is not my cup of tea. I spent *ages* on the silver and I didn't enjoy it (I've only ever opened one of mine twice, the other is still unopened)... that's a tale for another day though. The gold on the other hand I enjoy much more, but ultimately, I don't find anywhere near as difficult to open. I think I'm probably looking at this from more of a dexterity point of view though. If the steps in the silver were easier to execute then that would be easier overall I think.

If a friend wanted to try a challenging revo, I'd definitely give them the gold with the ring codes instead of the silver.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
matrixagent

Post by matrixagent »

bluesign2k wrote: Short answer: no.
Personally, the silver is not my cup of tea. I spent *ages* on the silver and I didn't enjoy it (I've only ever opened one of mine twice, the other is still unopened)... that's a tale for another day though. The gold on the other hand I enjoy much more, but ultimately, I don't find anywhere near as difficult to open. I think I'm probably looking at this from more of a dexterity point of view though. If the steps in the silver were easier to execute then that would be easier overall I think.

If a friend wanted to try a challenging revo, I'd definitely give them the gold with the ring codes instead of the silver.
Aye the silver is tough as old boots. shame the gold is not as mechanically challenging. The gold - I stopped working on it a long time a go. The algorithm has simply had to many issues/errors/other and seems like a synthetic barrier to getting on with a mechanical puzzle, which to me seems a bizarre way to end what has so far been a purely mechanical series.

Who knows what goes on in the mind of Mr Pitt though.

Shame if you ask me.

Would be nice to have an opt-out of the competition. and simply be sent ring codes. this would avoid the annoyance to those of us that prefer mechanical challenges.

Russ.
Last edited by matrixagent on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RevoMaze 1 - Open
Open - :D
Open - How long is that!?
Open - Sneaky.
Open - My thumbs hurt.
Open - TWO of the little bleeders!!!
Lime "Infinite" - Open(first)
Open - Happy now
That'd be like giving a cat a reach-around

Return to “Gold General”