question for those who have opened the gold

General Questions.
EABlade

Re: question for those who have opened the gold

Post by EABlade »

As Chris has said, the goal of the gold was to make a revo combo lock with a code and 10 clues that when applyed to the gold would give you the chance to open it. We are, and has been proven to be mechanical puzzle people and trying to apply a system that he thought would make it harder, he lost the revo type way.
I'm sure as he has stated, this was a lesson learned and the next Series will go back to more revo type puzzles. I for one would like to see this series of puzzles remained unsolved. It has been a great trip and looking forward to the next one.
“We are one big family of people, trying to make our way through the unfolding puzzle of life.”

Bronze For the Memories and Gold - Broken
the rest was X SOLD X BGSROGTLv1
Proud Member of The Team
matrixagent

Post by matrixagent »

EABlade wrote:As Chris has said, the goal of the gold was to make a revo combo lock with a code and 10 clues that when applyed to the gold would give you the chance to open it. We are, and has been proven to be mechanical puzzle people and trying to apply a system that he thought would make it harder, he lost the revo type way.
I'm sure as he has stated, this was a lesson learned and the next Series will go back to more revo type puzzles. I for one would like to see this series of puzzles remained unsolved. It has been a great trip and looking forward to the next one.
Ahh the next series - Yeah now that is something I hope DOES come to fruition! I still love this series, but I cant actually put into words how much I dislike the whole clue *driven* idea and how it has been managed. I care not about the competition or series code, but more about the mechanical wonder in my hands.
RevoMaze 1 - Open
Open - :D
Open - How long is that!?
Open - Sneaky.
Open - My thumbs hurt.
Open - TWO of the little bleeders!!!
Lime "Infinite" - Open(first)
Open - Happy now
That'd be like giving a cat a reach-around
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

Is there really a difference between one Gold and another? Is it a big one?
Would it be worth having more then one or can you enjoy one as much?

/M
Obsession ~ BU_V1 32.87 ~ BU_V2 open ~ BU_Pro what? ~ GR don't like ~ BL_V1 hmm ~ BL_V2 ~ R ~
Extreme ~ CE_BU#69 ~ CE_GR#69 ~ CE_BR#69 ~ CE_AG#69 ~ CE_AU#69 ~ CE_TI#69 ~
Limited Editions ~ R#95 ~ OR#69 5h+ ~ HM#17 Ordered ~
Timer/Clock
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

there is indeed a difference between two different #d Golds...
but it is about the same as two different combination locks...
if you can open one, you can open the other...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

For me (I have no Gold yet) it sounds that there is a greater achievement to solve the Gold without the help of all the clues. If you understand the clues, it should surely be easier to solve the Gold. Do you agree?
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

If you understand the clues then yeh, it'll be easier. However, I'd pretty much bank on that not happening. Therefore, for most people, the only option is to make as much sense as you can of some of the clues and apply logic from what you know you can feel inside the puzzle. Either way you'll need some of the clues to be able to make some educated assumption.

I got immense satisfaction and sense of achievement from coming up with an algorithm which must be a significant simplification of the proper algorithm ;)
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

bluesign2k wrote: I got immense satisfaction and sense of achievement from coming up with an algorithm which must be a significant simplification of the proper algorithm ;)
me too... the proper algorithm is overly obfuscated and obtuse to figure it out...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

Is an algorithm determined by its function ?
If it is, there are some people who solved the algorithm.
As i said before, it is my opinion that revomaster doesn't want to come to a finish of the competition.
clue10-216
Last edited by Dorothea on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

from a true engineer:

I'll say it again as I said it on day 1: brute force > endless guessing at obscure algorithm.

only 50 possible solutions people!! Get cracking! It only took me a day to crack all 50
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

>Not true engineer< :P

I'd say i've tested hundreds at this point. But now its more working through the algo than it is a range. Can't solve the algo then whats the point... ya know? I'd like to think im close but... its like chasing my tail. I CAN'T QUITE GET IT!

Congrats again btw to you all... my mind might literally be catching on fire/blowing up right now...
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth

Return to “Gold General”