Compiled Gold Updates: The Long Road

General Questions.
mattangel

Compiled Gold Updates: The Long Road

Post by mattangel »

Below is a compiled list of all Gold Updates. Many e-mails contain confidential portions that are intended for Gold Pre-Orders ONLY. If you have not received these e-mails, but have pre-ordered the Gold, please contact gold@revomaze.co.uk for inclusion in the pre-order mailing list.
---------------------------------------------

Last Update: Dec. 4, 2011

E-mail Update:

Dear All

We have been busy assembling Gold Batch 1 that is due to ship this week. We are also expecting a modified part on the Orange that is required after problem was found last Tuesday during post production testing.

The modified part adds an evil twist that will make the Orange much more interesting. Anyone who has ordered an Orange will be going out this week as well.

We are trying to ship all available puzzles and current orders .

We have also compiled a list of current Collector Set owners and that has been finished tonight. The first email will contain up-to-date status of the set as well as a proposed shipment of a Special Titaninium (not the one in the set).

It has been extremely busy since the new website has gone live, with many of you registering. Please do register as we aim to provide a much better service using it.

Nicole has worked very hard to get the website up and running and I appreciate all her efforts. If you spot anything, please do not hesitate to get in touch with her nicole.carr@revomaze.co.uk .

Back to work …

Vey Best Regards

Revomaster - December 4, 2011

E-mail Update:

Dear All

Apologies for the delay in getting the update to you.

We went live over the weekend with the new site and had some issues around PayPal. We resolved them this morning.

We were contacted with the engineers on Saturday and we are picking up parts tomorrow. I would then like to think we can then send Batch 1 Gold’s.

We are also picking up more plastic puzzles (including the new Blue Pro, and Black) that is now on the website. Orange is planning to go this week as well.

We are creating direct updates for the Handmade and Collectors sets. On the collectors set, we are making a metal version of the titanium instead of the plastic which will go out to all the pre-order owners. These will be unplated and assembled for you to try to open and only the collector set owners are going to have these.

This is a free puzzle and will of course not replace the plated unassembled version you will have in the set. The plan is to have these up and running over the next couple of weeks and shipped out.

Handmade’s are still being worked on. I will directly update each of you directly in future.

Hope then to have good news tomorrow.

Best regards

Revomaster
Nov. 28, 2011

Dear all

It has been a busy week which is continuing next week as well, when we receive even more parts. Some of you have moved into batch 1 because more puzzles have been opened.

It will be very busy as Christmas season is now upon us. We still however look on target to ship as planned for the end of the month.

Very Best Regards

Revomaster
Nov. 20, 2011

E-mail Update:

Dear All

Over the last two weeks we have been getting more supplies from our engineers. We have started to assemble Gold, Orange and finishing off the Handmades.

Nigel has pictures of the Gold parts (not shown here as it will spoil the anticipation) and attached are the Orange and Handmade’s. There is a lot of activity to get these puzzles out but I am also keeping the standards ensuring every puzzle works as planned.

Some final parts are coming from the platters and we will then start to ship. Again we were trying too hard and some parts had to be remade so we are now deeply concentrating to ensure no recall is made.

We are planning for all parts that has come in to get to the right people who I know have been seriously waiting. What I can say, this will not happen again and lessons have been learned.

Regarding Handmades, I am in the process of polishing, and engraving and it is imperative these go out by the end of the month and will. One Handmade may be available but only once all the rest have gone out will that be announced.

Again, I appreciate your patience and soon I will have completed what I have set out to do.

Regarding Collectors sets, I am sending over to Nigel pictures so he has a good idea at what we are going to produce. I believe we are now close to finalising this set.

Some of you are keeping in touch by emailing gold@revomaze.co.uk and I would appreciate this as the main contact point so I can answer you quickly. Nicole and myself can still be reached on our usual email addresses.

The finishing line is close for me, but only the start for yourselves who have one hell of a challenge ahead

Revomaster - November 13, 2011

E-mail Update:

Hi All

Wanted to just update you all as were we are at with the outstanding puzzles.

Parts have been arriving allowing me to get the batches sorted. We have been waiting for a couple of parts that have been delayed due to overrun of other client work at the engineers.

Why has there been such a delay since I last spoke? Well the situation with the engineers has taken longer than I, or they, had hoped for. The main area of concern for the engineers was the total order size of puzzle we placed some months ago have been planned in full and that meant long timeslots for us to get onto the machines (which made our schedules slip). Over the last 3 weeks, we have had to refine the schedule to get onto the machines to get the batches completed. This caused certain parts to be made later than I had hoped.

We have a new schedule and actual delivery dates for the parts we have been waiting for. They come off on the 4th November allowing us to finally assemble. Parts I have been involved with over the last couple of weeks have (along with their QA), found the quality to be exceptional.

Will it be worth it? I believe (and so do the engineers) think it will be. Having met with James Dalgety at the G4G COM at the Puzzle Museum here in the UK and being shown some of the 50,000 in his collection, he and his wife explained to me the Revomaze puzzles has kept him personally entertained for weeks and he has a high regard for them and is very excited regarding the final Gold.

The Gold has been painstakingly designed and made to the same standards as would be a part in a formula 1 car or a military jet engine. I only have one concern that the puzzle meets with everyone’s expectation as the speculation and delay has become to such a crescendo.

It has also taken its toll on myself, I have now been diagnosed with a rare condition caused by a virus that is ironic as its name is unbelievable (Anyone care to guess it?). This and my concerns to get this right for you all has left me totally drained but I believe the effort will finally be worthwhile.

Also included are the Orange and Handmade’s that will be going out (plus a couple of promised puzzles and returns). Life can then return .

So to recap, Batch 1 should be with most of you over the coming two weeks.

We are contacting each of you individually to let you know where you are and to confirm the dates you are to receive them.

As Christmas approaches (plus a year for some of you for the Gold) I hope to go back to what I do best and that is to create highly enjoyed puzzles.

Be in touch soon.

Kindest regards

Revomaster - October 30, 2011

E-mail Update:

Hi All

Some of you have emailed so I thought best to give you a quick update.

Parts are on the machine and I have been picking up stock as well and started making up.

Other than some minor adjustments it's all looking good. Again, I will wish to have made up batches before announcing to everyone.

We have Gold and Orange underway and are creating the first batch (some are having both puzzles sent out). We are going to send the Handmade’s by courier.

I wanted to wait to have the batch ready before announcing but feel it right to keep you up-to-date.

Will not be long before we can finally get going!

Best regards

Revomaster - October 17, 2011

E-mail Update:

Dear All

Firstly, I apologize for not getting back to you during the week. This was for personal reasons that was sorted on Friday.

I have spoken to the engineers and have a meeting with them on Tuesday / Pick up stock. We have been under a considerable strain over the last week like everyone, we are all concerned over the economy and are all now feeling the pinch.

What I was going to hear last week is happening now on Tuesday and I will then be able to report back to you regarding the launch date of the 31st August.

Some of you are disappointed and I can fully understand that – please contact me directly so I can listen to your concerns and act appropriately. I can assure you all is that all pre-orders are going to be delivered.

The handmade’s are due to be shipped by the 17 September and the Orange is just waiting on the two versions to be made (I hope we can pick up on Tuesday).

Kindest regards

Revomaster - August 21,2011

E-mail Update:

Dear All

We was hoping to give the launch date last week but are waiting confirmations from both the engineers and box suppliers. Before I commit to my launch date, I need to be assured we are going to get all the parts on time.

Everything is now coming to conclusion and then you can enjoy the Gold puzzle.

One area I have finished, the very first Orange from Mark’s design. My aim is to provide this to the engineers with some areas I need to ensure work well. The engineers have been drawing the puzzle and programming the machines so my prototype has been important to ensure a successful puzzle.

Once we get the first ones of the machine, I will be sending them to him to Test!

I therefore hope to have good news during the week.

Best regards

Revomaster - August 7, 2011

-------------------------------------------------------

E-mail Update:

Dear All

Progress had been moving forward with the Gold last week. We are counting down to finalizing the launch of the Gold now we are getting the final piece (platting) into place. We are meeting the courier company on Monday and the engineers all day on Tuesday.

Over the last week and this weekend, we have also been working with Mark on the Orange and we now have the design in our format ready for the engineers meeting on Tuesday. In addition to the Handmade’s, we have also put the design prototype up onto the machine here to have with us on Tuesday.

Our aim is to complete the design ready to give to the engineers to start programming and then running off. We have our designer at the engineers returning from holiday this week so this has fitted in well.

We are also hoping to have our new REVOMAZE Blue Obsession Pro sorted as well so we can start to sell these. More details on this in due course.

Be in touch soon.

July 24, 2011 - Revomaster

Email - Gold Update

Sorry for the lack of update since the 5th July. The corrections made on the last update were made and are now working. We have been chasing the platters and will be going there tomorrow to assess the tolerances and thicknesses of plate on the Gold parts. They have also some samples and I will report back how theses have turned out during the week.

What this means is if we are happy with the results and no more changes are required, we will ask the engineers to start production. The rest of the items are being prepared and it will then be a case of assembly ready to start distributing as per the batches we have mentioned. The puzzles should therefore be with customers during the summer holiday period.

Orange:

We now have all the choices from Michael, Nicole, Nigel and Chris regarding the Orange Competition and I will put up the winner tonight at around 10pm after careful consideration from some very imaginative submissions. We will then hand over the design to the engineers to draw up and I will be closely working with the winner.

Keep you posted!
Kindest regards
Chris

July 17,2011 - Revomaster

Email - Update

Sorry for the lack of update at the weekend. Friday I was assessing the Gold and over the weekend listed a few minor corrections for the engineers. It’s looking good!

We are still waiting for the first platted versions to come back for testing for tolerance which should be this week. Production can then start (at last J).

Also this week I will be seeing the box manufacture to get the new wooden boxes that will go “free” with the Gold. While entering the holiday season, we intend to use the period as a stock catch-up.

Nicole has done her judging on the Orange and Michael and myself will then pass our results to Nigel (forum administrator) of our results before selecting the winner. Then the Orange production will get drawn, programs produced and finally the puzzle made.

Kindest regards

July 5, 2011 - RevoMaster

Still here - listening and working hard.

We have had one of the main large machines at MERC for the last couple of weeks and should have it for two more.

Within this window we have been running production, and planning/testing different parts. The machine is then going to be serviced so I have been working with the company to schedule parts we need including the Gold.

We have been working on the Gold tolerances and amending the drawings but I am hoping to get a fully working one on Friday so I can test over the weekend.

If all goes to plan, we hope to run next week and then platted!

Platting is going ahead at the moment so I hope the results will be good.

In all this I have been updating the website as well.

I want to have one in my hand and if it works this weekend, some (careful) pictures will be uploaded.

Orange sleeves are done and we expect the Gold sleeves to be anodized next week as well.

So an interim status is "It's getting there!"

Better feedback on Sunday!

June 29, 2011 - RevoMaster
(Found here)

Email - Update

Dear All

We are now starting to receive parts from the engineers and the results are looking extremely promising. We have 21 parts for the Gold and next week we are starting to receive them.

The next phase is to get the main maze plated and we should start to see them before we commit to the launch date (I do not want this to go wrong). This is a special process that I hope to oversee with the engineers.

In the meantime, if anyone completes a maze there is still time to move to a higher batch. Please keep Nicole informed.

We have received new V2 sleeves and I will be putting theses picture on the website during the week.

As soon as I have parts in my hand, I will let you all know. In the meantime, Michael and Nicole are starting to get orders moving again.

Kindest regards

June 18, 2011 - ReVoMaster

We're starting to receive parts from the engineers... unfortunately slower than we had hoped, but the quality has been excellent.

When we placed the 4 week waiting time on the website it was in reference to the old engineers. As we've changed its taken longer. We do sincerely apologize for this.

The Blue's and Green's should hopefully be going out within the next 2 weeks and the Silvers should go out next week!

We are also working hard working towards getting the Gold and Orange completed.

June 10, 2011 - RevoGirl
(Found here)

Email - Gold Batches

Dear All

Nicole and I have been working on the Gold Batch emails and we are sending these out tomorrow. The three main batches are as follows:

Batch 1 – Launch Date
Must have opened Blue, Green, Bronze and Silver

Batch 2 – Launch Date + 7
Must have at least open Bronze or Silver

Batch 3 – Launch Date + 14
Must have at least open Blue or Green

All other pre-orders are shipping Launch Date + 21

To ensure we have the correct despatch details, we would please ask you to confirm your delivery address if it is different from the PayPal address on file by replying to the email.

We are now starting to see the parts coming from the engineers so we hope to update you when the launch date will occur. Before we do this, we will ensure we do not let you down by verifying the stock and the fact that we can deliver as promised. Please note all non-UK pre-orders will be shipping via DHL Courier while in the UK it will be going Special Delivery.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Nicole nicole.carr@revomaze.co.uk

June 5, 2011 - RevoMaster

Dear All

Since December we struggled with our old engineering company for two reasons. Firstly the volume of production was too low and the quality of the stock received was falling badly below our standards.

In addition, the engineers were becoming very busy and did not allow us the same amount of time to create more puzzles especially the Gold and Orange.

We now have a new company who are highly professional and have the capacity to manufacture 1,000's of puzzles along with strict quality control from their 20 strong QA department.

The first task was I had to produce all the drawings for each of our parts, and then these had to be converted into new drawings set to the engineers standards and working practice. Then we had to verify and confirm all the tolerances and finish so we can be assured of every piece used within the puzzles.

Next, we had to confirm the volume we have had to produce to get the right price. This was then scheduled and agreed over the course of the following year (a copy has been sent to Nigel so he knows what is happening and when).

Now we are completing our company year end, we are set in the knowledge we are going to be able to produce the right products to a high standard which can be produced in a timeframe we all would like. I have been wrong to assume this would be a quick process, but at the end, the results will show for themselves.

As we have put such a large order, we have had to work with the new engineers to ensure we get this right and that is what makes this company special as they are use to Aviation and Military contracts. They are very excited about the new project that will put their name and quality to world class puzzles.

In the meantime, we have had to cope with the fallout of our old engineers and will be addressing all issues raised. Nigel and Chris want to run this forum with a positive mind and a deep dedication to puzzles and to share this with others. They are NOT here to make excuses for me or promises that are out of their control.

All issues relating to the use of or purchasing of our puzzles should be addressed to Nicole who is keeping a log and we (as a company) will do our very best to resolve all issues within a timely manner.

This has of course put a massive amount of pressure on myself that will only be relieved once we have the production flowing again. Next week we will start to see this ...

I am planning to oversee the stock and start to complete our promises to include:

1) The delivery of the Gold (Throughout June)
2) The commissioning of the Orange (to go into production by June 27)
3) The Collectors Sets (to start to be put into production)
4) Establish next day delivery on our current and future puzzles

Nigel has warned me not to over promise two much but this is what I have been working for since March.

Of course our reputation is on the line, but the future looks much more positive especially as I have been discussing getting the puzzles into every toy and retail outlet across the world with a family who is major force in the toy industry for over 40 years!

Without running we have been steadily working towards a positive new way the puzzles we produce get to you on time.

On another note, I have been getting the handmade's done and these will be released soon as well.

As we enter June, another milestone will be made as I reach 50, so I hope to make this a exciting and worthwhile and the handmade's will mark this occasion.

Anyway, loads to do and I will get back to you all with another update in a couple of days time.

Very Best Regards

Chris

May 29, 2011 - ReVoMaster
(Found here)

Email - Progress - Update

Just a quick update on progress. Engineers are running as we speak and I am getting excited to be soon receiving the first of our quality stock.

On another note, from the result of a contact at the Gadget Show I have had a very special teleconference with two of the biggest names in the industry that may have major implications for the future. I will let you all know in due course and in the meantime, I am still ensuring we deliver the puzzles as promised.

I have been working hard on the handmade’ s last week and will continue this week as well. I will be posting pictures to that effect soon. In fact I have been working on them this evening and forgot to send this email.

Anyway, next week, Nicole is planning on emailing the batch details so keep an eye out.

May 22, 2011 - Revomaster

Email - Gold Clue - News

We have now been given our delivery date of Tuesday 31st May for our initial order with the new engineers. This will give us stock and supply the first wave of Gold’s.

We therefore will be releasing the Gold’s the first week of June. During the next two weeks we are sorting all the shipping points and each individual will be sent a personal shipping number from Nicole.

We appreciate this has been much longer than even I had anticipated, but now the future is assured and we are going to get much better quality service and we can then do the same to our valued customers. We would like to thank all of you for your continued loyalty and patience.

Over the coming two weeks, we are also going to work on the Handmade puzzles and then once the Gold starts to ship, to complete the Orange and then the Collectors Sets.

During the week beginning 23rd May the emails confirming your delivery point will be made.

May 15, 2011 - Revomaster

Email - Gold - Clue 10

Progress last week went well and I am back at the engineers this week.

Progress has been much more thorough, with much more control and sign-off at each stage (something that was sadly missed from the first company) but the new engineers are much more enthusiastic to ensure, like us, the quality comes first. As we have been planning, a new approach to the plastic design will make the puzzle much more interesting and as we are investing six figure sums in the new relationship, we are very keen to do the job right from the beginning.

May 8, 2011 - Revomaster

Email - Gold - Clue 9

After a busy few days last week (shortened by the bank holidays) we are back to the engineers this week and will report progress once we have spoken to them. Focus has been kept on the Gold and I hope to announce many updates over the coming few days including the V2 range, Box Update, Key rings and the website update.

May 1, 2011 - Revomaster

Email - Gold - Clue 8

Next week we are again working with them to get the production started again from May. I can assure we are making the Gold the highest priority followed by the Blue plastic and others.

Once we can confirm a final ship date with our engineers you will all be the first to know.

April 24, 2011 - Revomaster

Email - Gold - Clue 6

Update …
We have been preparing for the Gadget Show Live and will be there all Next Week. As soon as we are back we are then going to be in very close contact with the new engineers and will be update you of the Gold’s progress then.

April 10, 2011 - Revomaster

I have been in discussion with Nigel (our Forum Administrator) regarding the delay on the Gold and have sent a detailed explanation to the moderators.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apology for the poor communications regarding the progress of the Gold that I hope to elevate your concerns with this message.

A comment has been made on the forum recently regarding that within a few months we had the Blue then Green. Then the Bronze and Silver.. but the Gold has been much, much longer.

What has happened …

When we started with our engineers, they had hardly any work and we could use their resources on a regular basis. They were very keen to apply as much time as possible to get the designs down and programmed. Since then early last year, they started to pick up work again and time became harder to get onto the machines and to use the programmer.

The programmer did most of the work and set the machines up (mainly between runs and weekends) and product quality that was excellent at the beginning then started to drop. Rather than listing the various issues, Nigel and I have been working to change the way we do business as some of my original goals are not being met.

These are my original goals:

1. Design innovating and challenging puzzles that exceed expectation
2. Produce them at an affordable amount to a high level of quality
3. Produce them within an acceptable timeframe
4. Provide high quality support

We started the Gold way back in 2010 and began the process to get them produced. The prototype and original drawing were at the engineers, but found getting time to produce the production was proving very difficult. The engineers and I were addressing issues we had regarding to the quality of the other parts being supplied and had many discussions, but the bottom line was down to drawings that started to effect all work they were supplying us.

December came and we agreed drawings would be used (generated by them internally). In addition, due to a major issue regarding the supply of the mazes with platting, a very large amount was scrapped and we were told by the engineers that I would have to find our own platting firm. This was done and the initial results were good, however from the batch we had remade, 22% did not meet our standards.

The first test was in January – we asked for a number of pins and housings for the plastic. QA was to be set up and tolerances checked.
Near 50% we received were wrong and I complained bitterly. They were redone but since then, Gold timeframe slipped saying the production could not start for 4-6 weeks.

Not approaching anything like the service we expect and the problems we were having, I have now found a new engineering firm who produce military and aerospace parts and are over 5 times bigger. I approached the company last year regarding the plastic and back then they were keen to work with us.

Before announcing anything I wanted to ensure the future of the puzzles and have been working with them. The first thing I had to do was create detailed engineering drawings as this company worked to high professional standards. By agreeing to the drawings, they have a 20 strong QA department that monitor and verify all work that is delivered. This process is why the company has invested in millions of pounds in new equipment and is becoming a world class company.

We have had excellent quotes for 1,000’s of metals and for 10,000’s of plastics and are proceeding with these. We are building up a repository of parts to my original standards goal and that is going to meet all my goals in the future.

This however, has come a price in as much we need the Gold as soon as possible. We have made this our utter most priority and plan to have many detailed meetings with the new engineers to ensure we are giving you the right information.

Nigel and I have invested a lot of time in getting the company back on track and the next main change is the communications you are given. Nicole has joined us and has fitted in exceptionally well. Her tasks are to ensure requests are logged, actioned and once completed followed up to ensure the request has closed satisfactory. In addition she is helping me coordinate my time and that I am meeting targets.

We have to be honest and get reliable information from our engineers and then relay that to you. I propose we do this in the weekly clue email. As explained to our moderators, no one is as disappointed as I am regarding the unacceptable delay in getting the Gold to you, but feel this is now a very positive move with my only regret not doing it sooner…

More information will be made next week along with some other positive moves both Nigel, Nicole and I are doing to bring the overall standards and quality back to where the puzzle deserves.

April 3, 2011 - Revomaster
(Found here)

March 8, 2011 - bluesign2k
(Found here)

To all Gold Pre-order group

The algorithm has now gone and a few needed to be added.

I was so disappointed with myself by not letting you know I had issue with the list .

To help in future we will be having a NEW RevoGirl who starts tomorrow !

I will introduce her to you all once she has started in the morning .

Have fun with the Diagram - it will take a lot of working out. My aim is to give you clues each Sunday to confirm if you are going in the right direction .

February 27, 2011 - Revomaster
(Found here)

Email - Gold Algorithm (Confidential)

Dear All

Firstly I must apologise for getting this later than expected and the delay in releasing the Gold Puzzle.

I will keep you all up to date with the manufacture progress over the coming weeks.

February 27, 2011 - Revomaster

Dear All

In my last message I referred to two issues we had regarding the Gold. One was a platting problem while the second was a modification required to make the puzzle more reliable.

I calculated the production timeframe and felt we could ship the Gold’s by the end of this week. We are not going to be able to ship the puzzles for another four weeks after a lengthy discussion with our engineers.

Some of you can remember that we were able to design, prototype and get into production very quickly. In fact we were able to get the Blue, Green and Bronze very quickly. The Silver has taken longer and required a fix due to people getting stuck in the swamp but again we managed to get these out quickly.

Since, we have developed the Black, Red and the Plastic Blue, Green and Black taking most of last year. The Gold has taken much longer to get right due to the complexity of the interior, making each puzzle unique and adding safeguards to ensure fair play.

In between all this, our engineers have been very successful winning many orders as companies came back from using China. Their order books are full and our short runs on their production machines are very expensive to them.

In the past we were able to use the machines as they were free more often allowing speedy development and make small runs. That is not possible at the moment because the machines are priced on volume and setting up of the machines can take days out of production.

When I spoke last, I had hoped we could get onto the machines, but the general manager has been in hospital for surgery getting back on Monday and have missed a time slot. We have spoken at length today and he can only see our parts going on in a couple of weeks’ time. It takes four of his machines to make the Gold.

This has come as a bitter disappointment and feel I have let you down as I have underestimated the situation, but must reassure you the Gold is special, well worth the wait and will be sought after, due to the low numbers we are making.

While I know this is not the news you we hoping for, I have made a mistake and wish for you to know, I am doing all I can to get them made to the quality you expect.

All pre-order Gold members will be sent an email from me along with the Algorithm on SUNDAY 27th February 2011 at 8pm GMT. This will give you time to work on the Algorithm before receiving the actual Gold puzzle.

Anyone who would like to discuss this further, please email gold@revomaze.co.uk

February 23, 2011 - Revomaster
(Found here)

Dear All

Firstly, I am sorry for the lack of communications recently and for the progress on the Gold.

After a visit last week to the engineers to sign-off production, we discovered another potential issue regarding a key part within the puzzle.
This was a new problem not seen before. We came up with a modification that meant a change to another part as well however, this modification reduced the part count down by 2 and made the movement much more reliable.

Before conveying this news, the engineers needed time to have the new prototype ready so I can give you a more realistic timescale.

As everyone is aware, the Gold represents the last part of the current series and as such we need to ensure peoples expectation are met and exceeded. The design will test all of you and I am totally aware that you are all ready to get cracking.

My lack of keeping you informed is having a serious effect, especially as we have been promising the Gold for some time.

To address the communications, the help of the Administrators and moderators was being used, but fundamentally I should have been doing this directly. There are major things happening in the background that is pulling me in many directions so I now need to become more proactive and manage my time more.

I have been back in touch with the engineers this morning and discussed when the likelihood to get the Gold finished. They require one week to complete and test the modifications and a week to make the production run. The platting company require 3 days to ensure the mazes are produced correctly and then we need a couple of days to make them.

I therefore will be sending :

Batch 1 on the 25 - 28 of February 2011
These are people who have solved Blue, Green, Bronze and Silver

Batch 2 on the 4 - 7 March 2011
These are people who have at least solved the Silver or Bronze

Batch 3 on the 11 - 14 March 2011
These are people who have at least solved the Blue or Green

The rest will go out on Friday 25 March 2011

People will be notified which batch they are in by email (note these lists will be sent out on 24 February giving people time to get into a higher batch).

I have also decided to send the Algorithm needed for the Gold to everyone who has pre-ordered by the 24 February.

After the mistake of the V1 Silver and the improved V2 upgrade - while being very unhappy discovering the latest modification - the result means we are sending a V2 Gold that is functional, the engineers and I believe that would be far better long term.

To anyone who has a pre-order Gold, I have set up a new email so you can directly email me your questions and concerns.

gold@revomaze.co.uk

Please can email a message to this account and I will answer all of them.

We are planning some exciting things for the future and will be releasing news at the Gadget Show 2011.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apology over the Gold production and lack of communications. I am trying to ensure it is released right.

February 2, 2011 - Revomaster
(Found here)

Hummm - Chris and Nigel are keeping close eye out for me but this Gold issue needs a conclusion.

I have a weakness - I try to juggle too much and are now dropping the ball in respect to keeping you informed.

Platting was a concern but feel we can now work with the new platters as they have let me down before Christmas, so in truth I have been struggling.

We had 682 orders during December, many having multiple puzzles so around 1,000 went out. Firefighting was not the best way and being reactive was worst.

A few things came out of this, one was the fact we were getting minor errors from the engineers mainly because we were friends and most of the work was not scheduled. Drawings are now being done and the relationship is moving towards a more professional footing ensuring quality.

The engineers are now splitting roles and recruiting a permanent QA manager and thus improve output. This had a effect on the Gold as more has gone into its design over all the other puzzles we have made.

We are also getting to the point of mass production of 100,000 of puzzles and hence why we are at the Spring Fair (again taking up a lot of my time).

Trying to get the best as soon as possible has backfired on me as the process becomes much more focus on drawing - design and setting down proper timeframes. Something Nigel is working with me on.

Our engineers are a "Production Shop" and produce top quality parts. We have now been focusing on larger more practicable runs (50-100 puzzle are just not worth the setup time on a ad-hoc basis).

So the result is more planning and better communications.

A mistake was made by not "Directly" keeping you informed that I have now corrected. This is especially true around delayed releases.

I want the best puzzle for you and not a puzzle (like the v1 Silver) that lets the side down. However, I must be more honest with myself and to just give you what you wish to hear but give you the facts.

REVOMAZE is getting bigger than the Inventor and the demands to satisfy a growing community is becoming more important.

Everyone who has a pre-order will be getting their puzzles soon and more importantly, puzzles that meet and exceed expectation.

As per the announcement, a new Gold email account has been setup that flags directly to me.

I will be at the puzzle meeting on Saturday where I will meet and discuss issues you are clearly having and to start to put these right giving Nigel and Chris authority on my behalf.

With the Spring Fair and Gadget Show Live plus Spiel and possibly two other shows, this is going to be a very busy year.

Also, other exciting future planning announcements will be made in due course.

I am sincerely sorry for the Gold issue but hope by releasing the Batch dates, we now have a realistic target.

February 2, 2011 - Revomaster
(Found here)

Gold

There is still no date for the release of the gold as certain components are still not ready. The gold is a very special 'beast' and Chris MUST get it right before sending it out so that we have no issues like we had in the past. Now Chris has got all the orders up to date he can focus on being with the engineers all next week and focusing 100% on the Gold.

His words were that he will do whatever is necessary in order to start getting the golds out before the end of January. Until he has the meeting with the engineers though no date can be set at present. (But it is coming - honest! I've seen it and ......... )

January 26, 2011 - Barcared
(Found here)

The gold has been delayed further due to the various issues mentioned previously and above. All I can tell you at the moment is that Chris' intention is to get the first batch out by the end of the month but needs to visit the engineers early next week to get confirmation from them as to when they can complete production.

Until then it would be unwise to provide a date especially given 3 deadlines have already been missed!

I have seen the components for the gold and can assure you it is worth the wait!

January 9, 2011 - Barcared
(Found here)

Further to my meeting last week with Chris (ReVoMaster) and Chris (bluesign2k) I can now provide you all with an update on issues previously discussed in November and other issues that were addressed.

Plating

You will all be pleased to know that the plating issue is now 100% resolved!

As you know Chris has had a number of issues with previous suppliers and was let down on many occasions when he was promised the issued would be resolved but then continued to reoccur. Chris has now found a new plater and although they are considerably more expensive, they have provided excellent samples and tested these to Chris' satisfaction. Chris assured us that these additional costs would not be passed on to customers and he was happy to pay the extra for the 'peace of mind'.

All cores with current plating issues will be replace FOC by Chris but in the vast majority of cases should not affect the working of the puzzle and members can therefore continue to try and solve their existing puzzles in the meantime.

Gold Release

Based on the plating issue mentioned above there has had to be a further delay to the gold release. Chris is determined to issue Batch 1 BEFORE Christmas and the remaining batches will be issued in stages as previously mentioned with probably a 1 week gap in between.

Batches will go out to members who satisfy the following criteria:
Batch 1 - members who have opened all 4 puzzles
Batch 2 - members who have opened 3 puzzles
Batch 3 - members who have opened 2 puzzles
Batch 4 - members who have opened 1 puzzle
Batch 5 - all remaining orders

EDIT: There has been a change in policy as it was always Chris' intention to place members in batches based on puzzles opened. The previously mentioned 'registered' was meant to read 'registered open'.

Logic dictates there is no point trying to be one of the first to open the gold if you haven't opened one or more of the other puzzles as you will be unable to solve the Series Code. From what I know of the gold it won't make much difference if some get it a few weeks earlier than others as it's a little ..... difficult!

There will be an ingenious method to ensure all Batch 1 members start at the same time which means that although some members (probably in the UK) will receive theirs before Christmas, nobody will be able to start the puzzle until the algorithm has been sent out (probably in the New Year after we have ensured that all Batch 1 members have received their puzzles - especially outside the UK!)

December 6, 2010 - Barcared
(Found here)

Gold Update.

Having spoken to Chris today I can advise that unfortunately there will be a further delay to the gold release.

This delay is due to Chris needing to be 100% confident of the plating and is awaiting test results to ensure this.

It is anticipated that the gold will be issued in batches with batch 1 going out before Christmas.

I will provide more information in the December update, this weekend, after having a meeting with Chris this Thursday (02/12).

November 30, 2010 - Barcared
(Found here in Mod Archives)

Gold Revo:

There has been a problem with the plating standard on recent batches leading to the original delays to the gold.

Chris is currently visiting engineers to try to resolve the issue. Chris needs to be 100% happy with plating quality before Golds are issued. A further announcement will be made in the last week of November to clarify the situation.

November 15, 2010 - Barcared
(Found here)

Hi everyone

Here is the update you have all been waiting for... Unfortunately, the Gold is going to be delayed

Due to the plating issues we had with the Reds (which are now an issue with some of the Blues too) we thought it would be best to hold off shipment until they have been thoroughly tested. If we released the first lot now then there may be some waiting for weeks who shouldn't be, therefore we are putting the date back by another four weeks.

This also means that the Orange Competition will be extended by four weeks, and as it is the second time we have extended the deadline we will not be counting previous submissions as separate "lives" so if you would like to carry on working on your design or work on another, you are more than welcome.

I apologise for not making this announcement sooner, we just wanted to make sure everything was fine before making any announcements or releasing any puzzles.

If anybody has any questions about the Gold release or the Orange Competition, please feel free to send me a PM or an Email

October 27, 2010 - RevoGirl (Emma)

Hi everyone,

As you may know the REVOMAZE was very successful on the Gadget Show this month! This has kept us very busy, and although this is good news, it has unfortunately compromised the time we had allocated to judging the Orange Competition as well as the release of the Gold.

Both of these are important to us and we would like to ensure we have the time to look through the competition entries carefully, so rather than rush the process we have decided to change the end date of the competition, and the release date of the Gold.

The new release date for the Gold will be October 25th. This is the date that we will start shipping to those who have pre-ordered. It is also the date that the price of the Gold will increase, and the pre-order price will no longer be available.

The final closing date for the Orange Competition is Sunday 31st October. The entries submitted by this date will be judged the following week (1st-7th Nov), and the winner will be notified before they are put into production.

We are very sorry for the delay! (Although I get the impression some of you may appreciate the extra time to work on your Orange design!)

September 21, 2010 - RevoGirl (Emma)

Gold is UNIQUE

It is a unique puzzle and will be individually unique so no two will be the same.

As soon as we ship, many things will happen as it will conclude REVOMAZE!

We found out the hard way with the Silver. Too Much - Insufficient Testing and the result was an error.

So - not to put a fine point on it - all your expectations will exceeded.

That is my goal.

June 11, 2010 - Revomaster
(Found here)

Return to “Gold General”