Where is my Puzzle?

General Questions.
smiteo

Re: Where is my Puzzle?

Post by smiteo »

a realistic estimate on when the puzzle will be available...
not a best case guess if everything goes perfectly...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

left027 wrote:What is it exactly that most of you would like to hear Chris say? I mean, we already know that the problems are being sorted through and a date will be given soon. Is it just that simple? You want Chris to tell us that? Or do you want more contact from him? Personally, I would prefer no updates unless they're groundbreaking news. I do completely agree that updates should come from him though and not from a very informed forum member. (Thanks btw)

I haven't been a part of this community for too long, but I know Chris is working his tail off. I also know that most, if not all, of the members on this forum know Chris is working his tail off. I don't think anyone is doubting that he's trying his best to get the Gold out.
Agreed.

In the ancient and wise words of RevoMate, "'Nuff said!"
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

I can only speak for myself but my frustration comes from feeling left out of the loop. Even if the update was "the platters messed up again" we'd at least know what was going on. At this point, 6 months of delays and many promises broken, I personally would like an update on a regular basis. I know this is chris' baby but at this point we all cherish our beloved revomazes. I think a lot of frustration could be delt with by constant updates. A simple 1 sentence update now and then would take a couple seconds. Not too much to ask is it?
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

My vote (seeing as everyone else is making one :D ) is for as much info as possible.

Best case would be Chris on here regularly, telling us every detail. Platers trying a new technique today. New technique didn't work, they'll try a new plating mix tomorrow. That didn't work, we're going to try making a new core with a slight change to try and avoid the issue. Received sample core, testing it for a week for durability. That would be superb, but I know it is unlikely.

Next best would be regular detailed updates from Nigel, like we have now, but with an occasional pop in from Chris. Create a single thread called Chris - Revomaster, in which only he posts, and he trys to pop in and just let us know he's alive and things are happening once a week/fortnight/etc. He doesn't have to read any threads or anything, just pop a few words in that one thread.

And absolute least is what we currently have, with regular detailed updates from Nigel. This is the minimum acceptable level I think.

In the end we currently have the best we can have, without Chris's involvement. Nigel reports issues and gets feedback direct from Chris, so that is a BIG plus. The only way the info can improve is if Chris chooses to spend a few mins a week on here. Nigel has already requested this, the rest is in Chris's hands.

Thank god the Handmade is going to be unplated :lol:
jsnbrtn

Post by jsnbrtn »

Hear hear ! ;)
Ex & Ltd
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN== v2
OPEN== v1 .....Just!!!
OPEN==
OPEN==
=[iiii]=
OPEN==
Obs
TEST==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Guess that's one question we've not asked. Why not ship the gold core unplated?
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Killerkel

Post by Killerkel »

Great Job
Last edited by Killerkel on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Customer service at RevoHQ is still top notch and I'll never doubt his reputation for going above and beyond whatever it takes to make the customer happy. I contacted him a few weeks ago via e-mail concerning an issue that I was having with an extreme and got a response in 7 minutes flat with a detailed explanation of what went wrong and an unsolicited offer to replace certain parts FOC. I would hesitate to equate delays in a release date and an absence from what really amounts to a fan board to a slip in core customer service.

That being said, Chris is on the board quite often to respond to private messages and urgent matters. I doubt he has time to read the banter in the lower level forums.

What has become clear in this thread is that members would like for Chris to be more verbose when he is on the forums and more open about product delays. Nigel has stressed that he will convey this to Chris during their next meeting. I understand that everyone is upset, but is there really anything else to say on this topic?
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

I totally concur w/ Matt... the only blemish on revoHQ's customer service is updates with respect to new puzzle releases... everything else in my experience has been way above and beyond my expectations... Hopefully everything with the Gold will get sorted out soon and we'll all get off RevoHQ's back...

I really appreciate the effort Barcared put in, stepping in the line of fire to give us updates. A messenger of disappointing news is never a fun job. If anything I'd only want more frequent updates, even if the news was bad... Just to confirm that things were on track, or more delays ahead.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

Gentlemen - may I ask that we give this thread a bit of a rest, at least until after the next meeting with Chris - which should take place this Saturday (5th Feb)?

If anyone has any further ideas / suggestions or requests on this topic that haven't already been aired, may I suggest a PM to any of the mods and it will get put on the agenda for discussion on Saturday.

Thanks

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger

Return to “Gold General”