Update from Revo HQ 2022 / 2023

General announcements
prodigy

Re: Update from Revo HQ 2022 / 2023

Post by prodigy »

New announcement:
Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all well !! ✨

As I know everyone is aware our current website is down and we sincerely apologise about this ! We are working behind the scenes to fix this however the issue we have this time is more complicated than any in the past and we have to directly deal with our server provider! Unfortunately this is taking longer than expected but we are doing our best to fix it ASAP !☺️

In regards to updates on outstanding orders, unfortunately due to the website being down this does mean I cannot update everyone via email due to no access to orders however, I can promise that you order(s) is being worked on and will be ready to ship as soon as possible !
I plan on doing an update on the minis this week however, if when I do the update I still have no access to the website I will post it in the blue mini channel on here !!😌

We are all working super hard here at HQ to ensure we can provide the best customer service possible whilst ensuring Revomaze orders are progressing alongside working on the new project !! 👌🏼

Thankyou all for your patience you’ve given us so far and how you continue to do so as well … it is very valued and means a lot to us here !!🙏

Any emails or general enquires that have been sent to us I can promise will be replied to ASAP however, like I previously stated , due to us working on the new project as well now all our reply times may be slower than usual !! I appreciate your understanding in regards to this ☺️!!

I’m the meantime … I hope you all had a lovely weekend and if you need any help please feel free to drop me a message on here or email support/me and we will reply as soon as we can !!

Many thanks and kindest regards
Jaz✨
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

It’s nearly time to release the first phase of our new project! You will be granted website access and also the ability to purchase an early bird from 4 pm (GMT) on the 17th of March 2023. 🥳 watch this space…👀
Attachments
Ashton Pitt New Project .JPG
Ashton Pitt New Project .JPG (38.18 KiB) Viewed 12426 times
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Today's announcement:
Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and had a lovely week!

We’re very excited to announce to you all, that we will now be giving you access to our newest projects website.. 🥳 here you will be able to discover more information such as what’s for sale and also the name.

However, this is not a full release … the full release of our new adventure will be on the 1st June 2023. This is a special day to us as it’s one where we celebrate Mr Chris Pitt’s (our inventors) birthday, and also mark the 15th year of the wonderful Revomaze’s you’ve grown to know and love.

If this is not a full release what exactly is this then? I am sure you are all wondering and asking yourself this exact question! 🤔

Well, form this day until June 1st you will be able subscribe to a product called the “early bird”. There will be 3 options to choose from and, if you do choose to invest in one of these with us now, you will receive many benefits such as a discounted price and free shipping.

Once we reach the official release day, the early bird offer will be no longer and the price will rise as well in a reduction of benefits. For more information on the early birds, please head to our website via the link attached below.

Here is where you will be able to find a page called “early bird offers” with all the information you may need.

Please note we do ask you only subscribe to one out of three products. If you subscribe more than once or to multiple of the options, you will be refunded immediately.

All other products that will become live on June 1st, will be visible via the section called “shop all”. These will have the option for you to sign up and be notified when they come in stock.☺️
VaultMaze.png
VaultMaze.png (291.09 KiB) Viewed 12395 times
We appreciate that even after having a look around the website you may still have some questions, if you do, please don’t hesitate to drop an email in to our new support via the “contact us” section on the website. In the future we are planning to go do Q&A videos , podcast and maybe even live sessions where we talk and answer any questions you may have.

However, this is something we plan on doing once we are fully up and running. There is also a section about all us employees where you will be able to find our new personal emails.😄

In the upcoming weeks we will be releasing another video announcement. This will explain everything you can see on the website and go into even more detail about our new amazing project. We can’t wait to share even more information with you soon and look forward to you starting this new, journey with us.

Please go to the website to see our new products: https://www.vaultmaze.uk/

All the best and the kindest regards
The AP team✨
VAULTMAZE
https://www.vaultmaze.uk/
Our innovative 3D mechanical jigsaw puzzles will become a central piece in your collection. Based on the REVOMAZE principle, our uniquely designed mazes will delight and challenge our worldwide customer audience. Begin the VAULTMAZE challenge today!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Additional info from Jaz and Chris:
Hi all !!! 😌

Below I have attached a statement for you all to have a read of from Chris and the team !! It is to large to simply post on discord so it is the form of a PDF !! I hope that in light of reading this statement everything may become a little clearer for you all but if you do have any more questions we do plan on answering them in the future !!✨

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and had a lovely week !!☀️

Jaz✨
Dear All

We have announced VAULTMAZE and the new website vaultmaze.uk

We knew when undertaking this project, people will form an opinion, which makes the puzzling community such an interesting place to be.

We announced recently that the REVOMAZE was coming to the end of its product lifecycle so wanted to come up with something new but at the same time, we needed to keep why people came to us.

Our issue is external production with varied market fluctuations making it difficult for us to place large orders for the engineers and sub-contractors needed to run cost-effectively. Also, feedback was mainly biased towards not having such complex mazes and keeping them cheaper and more regular.

So, we wanted a project that people can really get involved with. Instead of the usual complete maze, the approach was to build the maze while sharing the expensive components like the body and sleeve.

But to just give you the maze makes it too easy and will not have the same effect when you solve the maze blindly, that is the foundation of our success – in effect making it intriguing.

Let's look at the numbers from our announcement:

91 puzzles over 18 months total cost £2,700 to £4,500 depending on which you were going for.

That makes it £29.67 - £49.45 for each maze, which is much cheaper than the original REVOMAZE.

Why do we have three paths?
  • We thought some would just like to solve the competition and have no interest in physically solving the maze. We call them puzzlers who only need the 546 RevoRings.
  • Then there are our current users. These have varied interests at different levels of our puzzles. The majority like just to solve the mazes and have them more frequently.
  • Finally, we know some of you enjoy the collecting path and enjoy the quality metal products we produce.
We wanted to find a way to be more regular in production while ensuring our customers have something to work on without the lengthy development phase and time to receive the goods. This was because we worked in a feast (something new) to Famine (trying to deliver) methodology.

So, to break this (because at times it really did not work) we wanted to plan the production, which is very limited for us as we have one main machine and bring as much as we can in-house.

Sharing the components like the Body and Sleeve saves on cost. But to give the user another task instead of just getting the whole maze, we sliced it up into 6 rings called the RevoRings.

We created the Sample Pack so people can see the whole maze and try it out. I was stunned by how challenging this was on its own, however, it did give you the full picture of what needed to be done. Hardly anybody realised this and focused on the overall cost.

So, the initial response was a great idea, then someone typed in the subscription times by the 18 months and came up with the high price and that was it for them – “Too Expensive”.

From there, some people did not read the website but formed an opinion they had to relay while some did read the website and started to understand but had questions), which is why we are answering this here:
  • We are officially launching on the 1st of June 2023. This is an early access program and as such has benefits over waiting till the official launch. We hope to take positive feedback from the early bird customers, who invest in the product to refine and make it better for the launch and help make the overall project a success.
  • The subscriptions are not legally binding and can be cancelled at any time (there is no locked-in as some have suggested). You will be able to buy the packs as you want (but not ahead of time) and can put the mazes together.
  • If you want to do the competition, you only need the RevoRings. You do not need to buy them all but what you like instead. You only need one Revomazer Pack or/and one Tester Pack. The stand is only needed if you want to display the complete collection and it is totally up to you if you wish to create your own.
  • For your information, the current time to manufacture the full set of rings is 72 hours. With the stands and end rings, this is very much higher.
  • Just over 7.5% of the mazes have rings that maybe have duplicates with the majority 92.5% completing mazes within the VAULTMAZE. We have a very careful production plan per subscriber/customer to make this possible controlled by our new MRP software.
  • To play with the maze, you do need a Start/End Pack to complete the maze however, the stand is totally optional for the collectors who can make their own.
  • It has been emphasised that you need the Starter Pack which is the key to the whole code as well as establishing the quality of the product. People just thought they had to subscribe which is not the case.
  • Some people will only want to get the complex puzzles we make, but this is by far the minority and respect that this might not be the puzzle for them. We understand this and hope in the future to bring out some complex puzzles, but having a team here, we need to support the majority due to limited resources.
  • The people who want to have a subscription over 3 years instead of 18 months there is no problem as we will listen to find the best way forward for the launch.

So to conclude, the project was aimed at a wide audience and appreciate this might not be for everyone, but the community can get around talking to each other and have a real challenge they can undertake, with regular prizes to people who find the mazes first including certificates and coins, along with the VAULTMAZE opening (with a Special “First To Open” Certificate to the first person to find the solution) that will give you the option to win various prizes. Please let it be known once you have opened the VAULT, no more purchases are needed to get to the prizes.

The team has worked very hard since last year to create this project and realised they will need to adjust the final launch, which is why we have put up the early bird.

We will continue to listen to what you are saying and will refine the new website (which is much better than the old WordPress one) plus get to the stage where a proper understanding of the project through regular discussion and interactions including live blogs, podcasts and social media events including audience participation.

We hope you will read the website in more detail and if you have concerns, you can relay that to the VAULTMAZE Team who will be happy to listen to them.

In the meantime, we will be collating views and opinions and will discuss them during an event scheduled for the week starting 27th of March 2023. The team are also working on How To … videos and answering FAQ from the feedback.

Kindest Regards

Chris Pitt & the VAULTMAZE Team
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi @everyone !!

I hope you have all been well !! ☺️

It’s definitely been a little while since i last spoke to you all so I thought I would drop a quick message on here to explain!!😌

I want to thank everyone for being so so patient with me , I sincerely appreciate it … not only just with replying but also in regards to getting updates for you all !! Unfortunately I haven’t been in the office as I took some unexpected time off and combine this with the UK national holidays I haven’t been in much or able to access or look at my emails etc for a while !! What I would like to say is I’m back now and I’m getting round to everyone as soon as possible!!😊
I can completely understand how frustrating it is waiting for a reply about your order so I will be updating everyone as soon as possible , I am grateful for how calm and patient you are being with me once again !!😌

I can promise that I will be getting all your puzzles and orders out to you as soon as and as quickly as I possibly I can !!😁

As always , I’m right here if you need any questions answering it just might take me a little longer to get back to you as I get back to all the current emails and messages I have first !!☺️

I hope you have a lovely weekend !!☀️
Jaz✨
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi all, hope you are all doing well☺️ we wanted to let you all know it’s a bank holiday weekend here in the UK, we will be back in the office Tuesday and we will answer any enquiries once we’re back. If you need to contact us sooner, please feel free to email Chris at chris@revohq.co.uk who will be happy to help. As you may know we’re very busy here shipping Revo orders and preparing for the VAULTMAZE launch, and updating the photos to reflect the payment plans. We will be putting out a more detailed update for you all let you all know where we’re we at. Thank you everyone for your continued support and wishing you all a nice weekend🌞

Best,
Rachel😊
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi everyone, we have attached a PDF regarding the latest news about VAULTMAZE, staff, and how we're doing with Revomaze orders. We appreciate it's a lengthy read, if there's any issues opening the document please let me know. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us and we'll do our best to help. 🙏

We appreciate all of your support and we'll be sure to keep you all posted. 🙂

Thanks all,
Rachel & Chris
PDF:
Dear All
Firstly, may I take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support over the years, especially now with our new project VAULTMAZE.

I have news regarding the team. Jazmin and Masie (both apprentices) have left the company, leaving just Rachel, Joshua, and myself.

We have spent the last two weeks rearranging, correcting, and sorting all the outstanding orders to ensure we have all items that have been requested. This has been done by going through conversations made by email and orders and we have been sending these out.

We will continue this until all remaining orders are shipped including the Handmade’s, Purples and Mini’s people have purchased which we are planning to complete by the 16th of June 2023. Both Joshua and I have been machining while Rachel has been organising.

We are not planning to replace these apprentices, but I have implemented the new software to allow us to become more efficient and in control of the projects.

We have implemented three new helpline emails:

- helpdesk@revohq.co.uk (this is for Revomaze enquires)
- helpdesk@vaultmaze.co.uk (this is just for the new VAULTMAZE project)
- R2@revohq.co.uk (this is just for people who have R2 orders)

Please communicate between these accounts which Rachel and I will maintain.

Now onto VAULTMAZE.

We have some news about the project that we now wish to share with you.

VAULTMAZE is a project that has been designed after carefully listening to you all over the years. It has two purposes, one to be entertaining and the second - value for money.

One thing this project cannot do is the first time you see the maze core after spending hours on it with no knowledge of the solution from the internet. I am afraid, I will have to come up with something as powerful as the original Blue Revomaze. But knowledge of the Revomaze family will help you appreciate the VAULTMAZE project.

Now comes the next part – value for money. By joining the programme, your investment will first reward you with a complete maze core with the STARTER PACK. PACK 1 has three more maze cores and then PACK 2 & 3 will make 6 more making 10 new maze cores.

The next three packs PACK 4, 5 and 6 will be the final 9 maze cores making the 19 in the project.

The difference between the STANDARD PLAN and the ENHANCED PLAN is the latter can make up all the maze cores ready to be used, while with the STANDARD PLAN, you have only one BODY and NUT, so you must dismantle and rebut each time you wish to use it.

The LUXURY PLAN has special wooden boxes over the standard cardboard boxes.

Now the purpose of the project. You need to identify the rings that make up each maze. Each RingMaze has a number engraved to allow the ring to be identified. These are then used to find the ring token on the HEXDUKO Puzzle and place it onto a Ile that holds the 6 ring tokens. Each ring from the START RING to the END RING is placed in order on the tile positions 1-2-3-4-5-6.

Each tile is completed and then using the STARTER PACK CORE with the centre added for the maze number found engraved on the NUT is placed at a reference position told to you at a later date.

Once you have worked out the HEXDUKO code method, all tiles are added to complete the whole HEXDUKO Puzzle. The 18 outside tokens are then verified to open the vault.

So what do you get? Well, you get an Opening Coin with the opening position engraved and your username added to the Roll of Honour which will be on the website.

But that is only the start....

As you all know, the mazes are created from 6 x 5mm RingMaze rings plus a START RING and an END RING. These are then placed onto a 6 RING DRAWBAR and a 6 RING CERTIFICATE BAR. When making the design, I extended these to make bars for 12 RevoRings to allow you to add two mazes together from the 19, increasing the challenge.

We have also designed both the TESTING SLEEVE and REVOMAZE SLEEVE that can accept these longer mazes.

Bringing you back to opening the vault, your reward will include an 18 RING GOLIETH SUPER MAZE already assembled for you to open blind! Inside you will discover instructions on how to win the Special Award for the first person to solve. The best part about this 18 RING GOLIETH SUPER MAZE it is included in all the plans!

This will give the VAULTMAZE project a much higher value for your investment. :)

So where are we at?

Since we have redesigned the RingMaze to remove the grub screw and added the 12 holes to locate the 6 x 2mm pins and to add new finishes as well as new number engravings and adding VAULTMAZE to the MAZE BODY has increased the timings and costs. We have put the new data into the new application which can also allow you to log in and place and review help tickets. The result has increased the overall costs of each component.

The good news is our Early Bird investors who have signed up for the programme will not have their plan changed but will remain fixed to the end.

Now for the bad news. Due to all the events that have happened recently, we are having to push back the launch date (originally for the 1st of June 2023) to the 1st of July 2023 where our early bird people will now receive their packs as follows:

- July 1, 2023: STARTER PACK
- August 1, 2023: PACK 1 & HEXDUKO PUZZLE, VAULTMAZE STAND
- September 1, 2023: PACK 2 & 3
- October 1, 2023: PACK 4
- November 1, 2023: PACK 5
- December 1, 2023: PACK 6, 6-RING SLEEVE (BLACK), 6-RING TESTER
- December 25, 2023: REFERENCE POSITION (15-Year Anniversary)

This is for all payment plans.

ALL PACKS will go on sale on January 1 , 2024.

The sleeves will be anodised as follows:

- 6-RING SLEEVE: Shiny Black
- 12-RING SLEEVE: Shiny Red
- 18-RING SLEEVE: Shiny Gold

We are also updating our pictures and creating a video showing the parts and assembly plus regular updates on our progress through our newsletters. Rachel has been preparing for this in combination with our new software.

We have over 200 components we are making along with quality checking and material management so will be relying on the works orders and production planning we have been creating in the new software.

For those interested, our new software is www.ODOO.com and we have the complete suite loaded.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Rachel or me on the VAULTMAZE help desk - helpdesk@vaultmaze.co.uk or helpdesk@revohq.co.uk

Kindest regards
Chris & Rachel
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi all, thank you all for your patience while waiting for your mini’s to be finalised 🙏 more of the aluminium mazes are finishing off being machined, and the brass mini’s are carefully being assembled, we’re working on shipping a good amount as quickly as possible. We greatly appreciate everyone’s understanding and we’re looking forward to getting these highly anticipated mazes on its way to you. We will be sure to keep you posted, and we’ll post an update with the assembly tool as soon as it’s completed.

IMG_4017.jpeg
IMG_4017.jpeg (186.39 KiB) Viewed 12011 times
Rachel
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi all, I hope you’re all doing well. We just wanted to let you know how we’re doing with the minis. The brass versions have now all been shipped, except those that are shipping with other items. The updated assembly tool has now been done and will be shipped with all minis, where it’ll be included inside of the box underneath where the mini will sit.

We had to re-do the sleeves for some of the aluminium versions as where the hole was drilled it was slightly larger than it should’ve been, we wasn’t happy with the size and are now re-making the sleeves each day and have ordered more bar.

We’re also busy working on shipping all orders before the Vaultmaze release, we’re aiming to ship the minis as quickly but carefully as possible, and greatly appreciate everyone’s wonderful patience. As soon as your order ships, we will be in touch with tracking information. If you do have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out or email us at helpdesk@revohq.co.uk 🙂

Best wishes,
Rachel
IMG_4376.jpeg
IMG_4376.jpeg (45.09 KiB) Viewed 11737 times
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hello all, we wanted to provide you with an end-of-week update on the latest VAULTMAZE rollout schedule, please see the attached PDF for more information. Please reach out to us if you have any questions, and we'll be in touch early next week. ☺️

Many thanks,
Rachel
PDF:
Friday, July 14, 2023 - VAULTMAZE update

Hello everyone, we hope you are all doing well. We wanted to share with you all an update on how we’re progressing with VAULTMAZE and to let you know of our updated roll out schedule. While the 6-RING sleeve with retractable pin was initially scheduled to ship in month 6, we can now confirm that it will be included in August with pack 1. We will list the updated schedule below:

July, 2023 - STARTER PACK
August, 2023 - PACK 1 & SLEEVE (6-RING)
September, 2023 - PACK 2, PACK 3 & HEXDUKO PUZZLE
October, 2023 - PACK 4
November - PACK 5
December, 2023 - PACK 6, TESTING SLEEVE (6-RING) & VAULTMAZE STAND (stand ENHANCED/LUXURY)

The reference position will be revealed to begin solving on December 25th.

We have been working on ensuring that the rings are all quality checked before machining, due to the high level of precision it’s crucial that this stage is focused on, we are incredibly grateful for everyone’s understanding.

We can confirm that subscribers from all three payment plans will receive the SUPER- GOLIATH 18-RING PUZZLE at no extra cost after solving the HEXDUKO. It will include instructions on what to do next.

The 12-RING SLEEVE and core allow you to join the 6-RING cores to create a 12-RING maze. We hope to have this available next January, along with the SLEEVE (6-RING) maze core pack, and the ring packs will be provided separately.

We are pushing the roll-out schedule to ensure you can begin the VAULTMAZE journey and everyone finishes at the same time. Thank you all for your continued support and we will post another update closer to the time of the first shipment.

Please email us at helpdesk@revohq.co.uk if you have any questions, we will be happy to help you. Wishing you all a great weekend ahead.

Kindest regards,

Chris and Rachel

Return to “Announcements”