-Update from Revo HQ-

General announcements
pewetools

Re: -Update from Revo HQ-

Post by pewetools »

Did the color of the Indigo changed? I bought my 2 years ago and my Indigo is much much more dark (#134). Of course it is possible that the color vary from one anodizing to the next but here the different is so huge big that I was thinking that I dont have an Indigo. It´s a total different color.
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Think it's normal

Look at copper general forum, the pics from early on vs the one I just got recently. Way different coloring. Only one example
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
RevoLady

Post by RevoLady »

Hi all!

The anodising of the Indigo maze is the reason for the change in colour, the old anodisers mixed red and blue to create an indigo look. We then started having issues with the supplier in quality and delivery. They then got rid of the Indigo colour and had no more causing us to look elsewhere. Our new anodisers are alot better at creating the other colours however did not have Indigo. We then went on to look for another anodiser and found one in Birmingham who could do just the Indigo. Unfortunately this supplier produced some bad results so we returned to our current new supplier who had a form of Indigo that was more towards a Purple end rather than Blue. This is as close as we have got and are still our current supplier. We understand that this is difficult however due to the small quantities we make on the Indigo it is not cost effective for us to use a specific manufacturer for the Indigo separate. :)

Anyways....for anyone who would like an Indigo we have £15.00 off at the moment for the first 5! Use 'chindigo' at the checkout :D
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Hmm, then why the deep color of copper vs my very light one?

Not that I mind, it's just the shade..

Thought I saw the same with mint. Some dark some very very light
Seeking:
RevoLady

Post by RevoLady »

In their cases it is just depending on the length of time they are left in the colour dye tank as this is done by hand. A second or two more makes it a deeper colour. :D
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

Well, I love the fact that the colors differ, that shows there is still a human hand involved :D

Btw, I would love a chameleon paint, or a paint that shows a different color depending on the angle the light hits it, I believe it is called a chromatic paint.
Or, temperature sensitive paint :)
CptBlood

Post by CptBlood »

dasrevo wrote:Well, I love the fact that the colors differ, that shows there is still a human hand involved :D

Btw, I would love a chameleon paint, or a paint that shows a different color depending on the angle the light hits it, I believe it is called a chromatic paint.
Or, temperature sensitive paint :)
Could be done with Laquers
AQ BU GR BR AG AU CO LM R HM GM IN OR PU MT SA MERC BL CE-Set 18 Mercury
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

A nice 80s style heat color changing one would be cool :)
Seeking:
RevoLady

Post by RevoLady »

We have had a look into this and is a possibility with planning and testing! Last time we visited the anodising HQ they had some army coloured metal on the racks drying :D we will definitely be looking into this once orders are up to date and mazes are all completed :)
RevoLady

Post by RevoLady »

Remember everyone this is the last week to use the 'ja2019nuary' offer(10% off)! Get this offer whilst you can :D

Return to “Announcements”