-Update from Revo HQ-

General announcements
darctangent

Re: -Update from Revo HQ-

Post by darctangent »

03SVTCobra wrote:Seems there slots of updates but no answers to people who have been around for a very long time and supported Chris from the very beginning. Guess our business is no longer important.
Sorry to hear you feel this way. :( I think it is easy to happen when you have waited so long. It is a very busy time for them and they are working very hard to meet demands. They are trying to satisfy as many people as they can, but it’s not easy. I know they appreciate how loyal everyone has been. I’m sure that everyone will be looked after eventually, but Chris has to look at the big picture for the company. Just my opinion and observation. I feel for you, everyone who has waited over the years deserves a Revomaze hero badge.
Cheers,
Shane.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
revonick

Post by revonick »

Hallo Cobra, I'm one of the newcomers. I've been reading through old threads and I can definitely see where you're coming from. There seems to be a history of getting in financial binds and trying to get free by preselling a new product, which then gets delayed and creates a new financial bind.

There does seem to be a pretty simple solution: Produce the excellent and well-reviewed existing products, offer them at a price where they can be sold profitably, and keep them in stock. And, from what I'm seeing, that seems to be more or less the current strategy. Hopefully this will resolve cash flow problems and finally allow them to meet the old obligations.

I am seeing some "buy it now before it sells out!" messages, but I'm hoping that's bluffing. Why would you ever allow a profitable product to go out of stock for months at a time. If it makes money, keep it in stock, keep selling.
Open: Aqua [4hr]
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Also a newcomer here and couldn't agree more with Revonick. I too would be frustrated though if I waited years for a product I had paid for. I'm having a hard enough time waiting 1-2 months for my 11-set! Unfortunately sometimes that is part of being an early adopter. It does appear some strategies have changed though, such as raising the price on some such as the silver. I have no issue paying the higher price if the demand is there. Profitability will hopefully open things up for more puzzles in the future.

Cobra, there was a message on the Revomaze Puzzles facebook page by Chris 4 days ago in regards to the Salmon and R2s. I will copy it here for you.

"Hi All, I am working on the Salmon to try to get out before Christmas to those who have pre-ordered and have been waiting a long time for. For those who have not pre-ordered, once we have shipped all the Salmon, I will assess if more will be made and when they will be made available. We are also reducing the number of R2 down from 100 to 50 until ALL the pre-orders are out. If you have pre-order any R2 you will be getting them. These historical orders are being dealt by me directly so please email ONLY me chris@revohq.co.uk as both Chloe and Rachel cannot answer peoples request.."
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

doc81 wrote:"Hi All, I am working on the Salmon to try to get out before Christmas to those who have pre-ordered and have been waiting a long time for. For those who have not pre-ordered, once we have shipped all the Salmon, I will assess if more will be made and when they will be made available. We are also reducing the number of R2 down from 100 to 50 until ALL the pre-orders are out. If you have pre-order any R2 you will be getting them. These historical orders are being dealt by me directly so please email ONLY me chris@revohq.co.uk as both Chloe and Rachel cannot answer peoples request.."
Big thanks for the information. I have missed this completely. This was really good news and gives me hope again thay I will the the Salmon soon.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

I hope that the R2s are not just limited to the pre-orders.
I pre-ordered the first two, but would like the rest of the series as well.

and hopefully Salmon makes it out this year.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Agreed Smiteo...I didn't get the chance to preorder the R2s or salmon. :cry:
SET SERIAL #7021
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

smiteo wrote:I hope that the R2s are not just limited to the pre-orders.
I pre-ordered the first two, but would like the rest of the series as well.

and hopefully Salmon makes it out this year.
I would like the rest of the series to but it seems to me if you dont pre-order these days you have a slim chance getting anything.

This right here seems like there is a chance I will not get salmon since I didnt preorder despite making it very clear i was interested.
"I will assess if more will be made and when they will be made available. "
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

I can imagine that is is pretty pricy and actually kills your business if you have a small company like Revomaze to constantly have your stock filled up. So to me, pre-ordering makes perfect sense. Build your stock based on definitive demand.
revonick

Post by revonick »

Pre-orders in general might not be a terrible idea. But the pattern here has been (1) estimate a price for the puzzle, (2) pre-sell at that price, (3) actually start manufacturing the puzzle and discover the puzzle costs twice as much to make as was estimated. Now the pre-orders can't be delivered without bankrupting the company.

Also I would have become a Revo customer a long time back, but every time I went to order some, the entire store was sold out. Given that they have products that are good and can be sold at a profit, why not sell them at a profit? To do that they have to keep something in stock.
Open: Aqua [4hr]
doc81

Post by doc81 »

There is definitely a balance between basing supply on preorders and having the right amount of stock on hand for future orders...one that HQ seems to still be trying to master.
SET SERIAL #7021

Return to “Announcements”