CzMeteo
AQ BU GR BR AG AU CO LM R HM GM IN OR PU MT SA MERC BL CE-Set 18 Mercury
prodigy

Re: -Update from Revo HQ-

Post by prodigy »

September 5:
Hi!
Autumn Fair 2018 ~ 04/09/2018
Theo Paphitis ~ British retail magnate ~ small business champion ~ best known for his public appearance on the BBC Programme #Dragons' Den. A google search would be good if you were interested in finding out more about the ex dragon.
Theo was interviewed for about 50 minutes, with a quite a crowded room all very interested in what he had to say inspiring small business like Revomaze and ambitious start-ups.
Being my first trip to the Autumn fair yesterday, I can say I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and had great insight into the way business works, how startups are formed and how small business are very motivated to move even further in their life, that was very relatable to us as a business and it definitely helped with my perspective of business.
Overall, great experience!
Attachments
Autumn_Fair_2018.png
Autumn_Fair_2018.png (415.83 KiB) Viewed 11248 times
Last edited by prodigy on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Wow! Look at you. Rubbing shoulders with the high flyers. WTG.
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

September 7:
Dear all,
Great week at Revo HQ! We would like to inform you all that this week, we have doubled our workforce. We will have Olivia (business administrator) and Josh (production engineer) joining us next Monday.
We have decided to enroll these two people because of their energy, passion and their work ethic which will help us grow within our community.
As Revomaze is becoming more recognized, more staff is required to ensure we upkeep high demands of sales and make sure we meet our standards, there's a lot of work to be done! (old and new) we very much understand that, but gradually, we are meeting our goal to grow Revomaze.
All of this is very good news to allow Chris to get on with production which we know you're all anticipating your pre-ordered Revo's. There will be a lot of planning in the course of the next couple of months while we wait for our stock to be made by our engineers.
We hope you will have an enjoyable weekend,
Kindest Regards,
~ Rachel
Last edited by prodigy on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

September 19:
Michael Evans kind gesture to Revomaze.
As a small business customers taking time out of their day to do gestures like this is very nice.
Mikes words ‘I originally redesigned the logo to use as a forum avatar, making the stickers was simply as a kind gesture to a company that has been so good to me’
If you’re interested in Mike’s stickers then please (with his permission) contact him directly and he will customise one for you, too. Or contact us!
Forum avatars will be his main aim.
These look super great in our office and come in a range of sizes cheers Mike!
Attachments
sticker.png
sticker.png (163.25 KiB) Viewed 10972 times
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

September 20:
Hello everyone :)
Recently, we have had quite a few more than usual curious and potential customers who are uncertain of how Revomaze works, where we are based and where can you buy our products? So to make life easier for those who are unsure, my aim is to help a little so I will answer some of the most popular questions! Plus some extra ones that may be fascinating to you. ;)

Revo Q & A :

Do you have a shop anywhere in the world?
No. Our puzzles used to be sold in Marbles the Brain Store which had 29 shops but has since closed down in 2016. Our website is the best way to make orders.

Where are we based?
Europe, UK, Askam-In-Furness, a small village which is peaceful and friendly. It's great to work in such an environment.

Where can I buy your puzzles?
On our website.
Some buyers do put their puzzles on eBay, other areas of purchase are our user forum. They are definitely hard to get hold of, but not impossible.

What is the easiest puzzle?
The easiest puzzle made is the Aqua; It is our starter puzzle.
Difficulty rating: 30/100

What is the hardest puzzle made?
The hardest puzzle made is the Gold Revomaze.
Difficulty rating: 100/100
The gold is out of production and we will never be putting them into production again.

Where did the concept of Revomaze come from?
Chris Pitt started on Revomaze in 2008, Christmas. However, the concept came to mind when Chris was just 16 years old.

What is Chris favorite?
Chris favorite puzzle is the Classic Blue.

What is Chris best thing about Revomaze?
It is a challenging puzzle because it provides feedback and a method to return to the start to keep progressing through the puzzle. It is a learning journey and an experience!

Lastly...What is Chris dream for the future?
To continue to flourish and target the same audience that Rubix cube has enjoyed.
Just a little bit more of an insight into Revomaze Puzzles. Please don't hesitate to ask more questions below if you wish!

~ Rachel
Mark76

Post by Mark76 »

Apologies if these have been asked or answered elsewhere.

1. Will the plastic obsessions (new and/or old designs) ever make a come back? As an affordable alternative to the metal extremes I always enjoyed solving these.

2. How is Chris doing with his new machine? Has he got to the stage where he is able to make the puzzles in bulk himself? Is this the aim?

3. The copper has a smaller pin giving a larger maze area (still working on opening this one). Will we see future puzzles with this pin size? (Next time maybe something like the excellent indigo but even more to explore?)

4. Will we see a return of the clear training sleeves? Any chance of a bulk discount? ;-)

5. What grease does Chris apply to the mazes on assembly? (Make & type). I clean the puzzles once opened, maybe a little too well. Would Chris consider selling little pots of grease with the pin and spring kits if he makes those available again? Or even as an accessory on its own?
Will

Post by Will »

Actual hardest puzzle in terms of mechanical difficulty is probably either the handmade/silver, if I'm not mistaken.
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
Andybass01

Post by Andybass01 »

Also, can we have an update on the Salmon puzzles pleeease?
It has been a while since there was any fishy news regarding these
Where will it all end?

Blue - Opened 2011
Bronze BR00485- Opened 2012
Salmon - Arrived!

Return to “Announcements”