Happy New Year!

General announcements
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Happy New Year!

Post by ReVoMaster »

Dear All

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday and a Very Happy 2018. Both Jill and I had a long overdue break as we are now looking forward to the New Year (Spent time with the family and did all those jobs around the house Jill has been nagging me about).

Anyway, a lot appears to have happened so I will explain:

The YouTube Video Review on December 1st has had a major impact (with nearly 2.75Million Views).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5zQPPC ... e=youtu.be

While the review does go into detail (it has a spoiler alert - only go there if you want to see the solution), the interest has been worldwide with all stock sold within a week. I understand the disappointment especially as the secret has been kept off the internet for 9 years, but the interest it has generated has created a whole new following, resulting in a good feeling around the forum (as told to me by Ali and Shane).

So we welcome to the family many new Revomazer's!

During the peek, our website was going down many times, I had to get 5 more processor cores and 3x as much memory just to hold up. We had more on the website (30-50K per day) than some bigger corporations.

Since Christmas, someone unfortunately managed to hack the site which is now causing a major problem. I have been working on a new site with bigger and better safety, as well as adding new features like ticket help desk to help keep track of requests. I hope to have that running soon once I have all the data transferred.

We are also commissioning 500 more puzzles from the engineers that will not be available till February.

We sent out over 330 puzzles during December. With no stock here, we are now using the time to catch up on Mint, Salmon R2 etc. with half of the Mints sent out already. We do have a handful of orders still to send once our Boxes arrive later this week.

So I have worked out a production plan and are moving forward with outstanding issues.

Today I have been going through over 1,798 emails, hundreds of Facebook messages as well as PM on the forum. I am doing my best to have them all answered this week. Please bare with me on this. I have also drafted in a recruitment company to fill the much needed Sales/Marketing/Office Administrator so we can run more effectively. More on this later.

After a very bad year for Jill and myself last year, we are looking forward to a much better 2018 and with the hard work already done, we will be back in front.

Now having had a break, it is back to work. The next update will be next Monday and I will let you all know how I am doing.

Again, Happy New Year!

Kindest regards

Chris
ReVoMaster
TheWaveCarver

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by TheWaveCarver »

Holy ****. That sounds like both a nightmare and a dream come true. Glad you got the chance to crack open a cold one for a bit... best of luck getting out the rest of those orders!
Grand Champion in Rocket League
alingex

Post by alingex »

Hi Chris,

I've been sending you mails and messages since last November and never got a reply. Would you please give me an update on the current status of my order? I'm still waiting for 4 mazes and would just like to know when to expect them. Thank you!

Alex
tauceti

Post by tauceti »

same here :( never received a mail response.
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

tauceti wrote:same here :( never received a mail response.
Hi!
I’ve passed the request on to Chris. He has been having computer issues. He can check new emails at Chris.Pitt@revomaze.co.uk if anyone wants to get a hold of him.
Best to all!
Shane.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

Sorry to hear about the spoiler, but then again if it saves the effort and makes it fully worthwhile, then the cost in the end was worth bearing to everyone I would hope.

Best of luck in 2018!
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

Mid-January Update from Revomaze Facebook
ReVoMaster wrote: Dear All

Since December our website has struggled, going down many times before refusing to work altogether. I have now had to rebuild a new site on a new domain.

Welcome to our new Revo Headquarters Website!

https://www.revohq.co.uk

We are expecting our next batch of puzzles in February/March and people can pre-order on the site. We are also starting to link to social media to keep people informed.

During this process, we have also had a disk failure as well as issues with backup data, but after a determined effort we have recovered 30,000 emails and all our client data.

This has taken a considerable amount of time, which had to be done. Therefore we appreciate the patience of our customers on the lack of communications.

Effort is now to clear the backlog of email, twitter and Facebook messages. We have also put in place a ticket support management system on our Contact Page, allowing people to log requests and issues.

During the last few weeks we have been recruiting a new member of our team. I will be announcing this soon.
Thanks again for all your support!

Kindest regards

Chris
cmh714

Post by cmh714 »

thanks for posting that since I dont use facebook :)
Blue - Obsession but box says Extreme :) - In Progress
Green V2 - In Progress
Bronze - Not Started
Gun Metal - Not Started
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

Can anyone get on the new domain yet?
Cheers!
Shane.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105