Sad News!

General announcements
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Sad News!

Post by ReVoMaster »

Dear All

As some of you may know, my mother suffered from a heart attack on the 27th February 2017. She made a recovery and since then we tried to get her home to be with my father. We managed to finally reunite my parents at home, but it has been clear that she was very frail.

My parents live in Essex where my family live 320 miles away in Cumbria. I have had to make many trips to help my sister during this difficult time, but last week we seem to be finally getting somewhere. To help, I have installed CCTV to be able to help with my family as my parents were in their late eighties having been married for over 65 years. They both wanted to be at home.

Last week however, we had to get the paramedic out as we were concerned over my mother health, and found she had a high pulse rate and low blood pressure and was transferred back to hospital. While in hospital she made a recovery and was a very chatty and was "Dancing". Being Mum!

We have had to work with the care agencies to provide cover for both my father and now my mother, which has taken a lot of effort from both my sister and myself. Being Mother’s Day on Sunday, we were trying to get mum assessed so a care package would be in place so mum could come home.

We learned on Sunday that this was now being provided and assessments were being made to transfer her to a observation ward. This was at 9pm on Sunday which sounded very encouraging.

By 10pm, everything changed. We were told to come down and the word was immediately. My sister had been away with her grandchildren and we could not get in touch since her return. Both Jill and I then started to make the 6 hour trip back. At 1:57am while driving, the hospital called to say it was bad news but being over a couple of hours away we had to keep going.

On arrival, we were told mum has passed away peacefully at 11:43pm on "Mother’s Day" from a suspected second heart attack.

My sister had been with her granddaughters 1st birthday, which was also on Sunday along there her other granddaughter who was born on the same day in Australia. Her phone was on silent mode and missed the calls.

We are all now grieving, with the hardest part we had to tell my father.

Since February, everyone on Facebook and on here has been very supportive, which Jill and I have really appreciated. You have enabled me to support my family and both Jill and I would like to thank you all, especially Shane who has helped keep people informed.

We are having to make many arrangements over the coming days, but wanted to let you know the reason for my lack of time on here. I will be back soon and will update you again soon.

Thank you all in advance.

Chris & Jill
ReVoMaster
BBloke

Re: Sad News!

Post by BBloke »

So very sorry to read such sad news. My sincere condolences to you and all the family.
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

Very sad news. My condolences on your loss. Our best wishes to you and family.
Shane.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

Chris,

Sorry to hear of this news. My condolences and best wishes to you and your family through this tough time.

-Ben
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake
Orko

Post by Orko »

My condolences. All the best for you and your family.
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Blissmoments

Post by Blissmoments »

Best wishes Chris & Jill, take care of yourselves.
bu01189- open
Waiting for the postman!
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

Chris will be away for a short time. Please send any requests to me (swseward@hotmail.com) and I will get them organized and to Chris when he returns.
Many thanks,
Shane.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
TimeLord

Post by TimeLord »

Chris & Family,

My sincerest condolences on the death of your mother. Please know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Sorry for the bad news Chris. I know it can be rough. 2017 has handed us 3 deaths in the family already, but luckily none so close to home.

From our family to yours, our thoughts are with you and if we can help, let us know.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

Chris, sad news indeed. How old was your mom? I will light a candle in St Patrick's Cathedral in New York City this weekend and say a prayer. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.

Return to “Announcements”