2017 Update ...

General announcements
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Re: 2017 Update ...

Post by ReVoMaster »

Putting a update up over the weekend. Apologies for the delay in doing so.
ReVoMaster
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Chris have you received my emails and PM's?

I will check and get back to you! Chris.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

Hi All

Firstly, I missed Sunday as I took Jill away to her sisters in Bristol for a week, so I will update tonight as I am working on my own.

While a lot has been happening, I never seem to have enough time. However, this is my Priority List:

1) Salmon & Mint
2) Existing Orders
3) Fusion 360
4) Electricity Connection
5) Programming Components (Simulation)
6) Website Upgrade
7) Newsletter
8) Forum Email

Salmon & Mint

While I would have preferred to run the new components on the new machine, I am making do with my old machine. It is slowly getting there. My plan is to have them all out in August so I can concentrate on getting the new machine running.

Existing Orders

I have been working hard on the existing orders as well including the R2, CE Sets (handful) and the current orders. We were expecting the parts to arrive at the end of June, but because the engineers had a major military order running, this has overrun and put us back.

I am collecting parts this week so will soon get stock on the website and the current orders out. I have ordered 500 puzzles which will cover us over Christmas. We will be able to pull stock of the shelf as we need it so as to avoid back-ordering.

Fusion 360

I am learning Fusion 360 from Autodesk that allows me to design, simulate and test and then output CNC code to the new machine. My old software was TurboCAD and that was crashing and running too slow for my needs. Fusion 360 is similar to Inventor but at a fraction of the price. I will be able to do more design work as well as keeping my design documentation up-to-date.

Electrical Connection

The long saga of getting 3-phase connection is finally coming to a conclusion. Gallagher are the contractors of Electricity North West and they have now reviewed the site ready for installation. Again, as soon as we are running I will be putting up the machine going live.

Programming Components

I have been taking the existing drawings and are now putting the parts into Fusion 360. The ShopTurn software along with SinuTrain for my Sinumerik 828D is great to use, but the CAD was limiting (hence why I have now Fusion 360. It has been a steep learning curve but once fully setup will allow concept to production to enable me to keep up with your demands.

Website Upgrade

I am looking at improving our website to be better laid out and responsive. I would like to include better features as well as enabling better customer control over orders. I also wish to include my RevoWorkshop Blog.

Newsletter

I still wish to establish a newsletter and have been speaking with a few people who might take it on. As soon as we are up and running, I will let you all know.

Forum Email

I set up a forum email for people to send me direct messages. For some reason, I put the wrong info and it had not been updating on my outlook. On testing, I found the issue and since rectifying, I have around 11 messages which I will get back to. I apologize that this was not working, but it is now.

Conclusion

I have had a very difficult start to the year that has had knock on effect. At the end of August, my father, sister and I are interning my mother into her final resting place. It will be on her birthday (30-Aug) and will close a chapter.

Having issues with Salmon and Mint has not helped as has been the delay from the engineers. My machine sits there doing nothing and every time I go into the workshop it teases me. but soon it will be in full production and then I will see a return for not only my hard work, but the absolute patience of my family and of course all my customers.

My goal remains that I get back to making high quality puzzles that people enjoy to solve and to treasure. Thank you in advance for all your help and words of encouragement.

Next week, we should have good news on the parts I am making and the parts the engineers are currently working on.

Please email me on forum@revomaze.co.uk any questions you have.

Kindest regards

Chris
ReVoMaster
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

Thanks for the update Chris!
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
Andybass01

Post by Andybass01 »

Appreciate the update!
Your puzzles are unique and produced to a very high standard, and I am happy to wait as long as it takes until my salmon is ready.
I guess this is RevoPatience...

AC
Where will it all end?

Blue - Opened 2011
Bronze BR00485- Opened 2012
Salmon - Arrived!
CptBlood

Post by CptBlood »

Hello Chris,

Can we get a short Update over the Weekend?
AQ BU GR BR AG AU CO LM R HM GM IN OR PU MT SA MERC BL CE-Set 18 Mercury
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

Hi All

I am right in the middle of having my 3-phase electric connection done by the contractors. Cable is now installed today ready for live connection to be made. There is a lot going on with this, which has taken up a lot of my time.

Once connected, the new machine is ready....

As some of you know this has been a long time in getting sorted as it was last year at this time when the plan was started. It has not been easy and my new blog will let you know all the highs and lows.

At the same time, 500 sleeves are with the Anodisers, along with 155 mazes at the platters. More is being run off this week and I will be collecting to enable me to start delivering (starting next week). I am still working on the Salmon.

Next Friday I will be traveling down to help my sister and father and will be interning my mother on Wednesday (what would have been her birthday) before returning home and back to work on Thursday. I will have my mobile if anyone needs me (please use forum@revomaze.co.uk).

This year has flown by and now getting my machine finally working, I can spend the rest of the year catching up and getting back on track.

I will let you have another update on Thursday next week before my trip back to Essex. Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday period.

Kindest regards

Chris
ReVoMaster
CptBlood

Post by CptBlood »

Thank you Chris!
AQ BU GR BR AG AU CO LM R HM GM IN OR PU MT SA MERC BL CE-Set 18 Mercury
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Chris I have emailed you several times and not heard back.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

Hi Dom, just replied to you.
ReVoMaster

Return to “Announcements”