Topic Title Pending

General Questions.
Stigy

Re: so

Post by Stigy »

I'm wondering what will happen with the guys who are in multiple colours. They should definitely be allowed to compete in multiple colour heats to give them the max chance to get in the final. But, once they have won entry to the final, do they continue competing in other colour heats?

On one hand you say no, so that there will be more people in the final. On the other hand you say if they are good enough to win 2 colour heats, they deserve 2 Purples, and the ability to reduce to number of competitors they face in the final.

Hmm, will be interesting to see how it is handled.
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

i think they will only be allowed one, and they will be given the choice of whichever they want. IMO, i would not choose the blue simply because i realize how quick people are abl to finish it. I myself have a record on the obsession without much practice at 31s as u see in my sig.
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Those who are on the leaderboard for multiple heats will be allowed to participate in the heats for those colours. Similarly, I believe if someone wins multiple heats, they will be entitled to multiple entries into the final.

Otherwise it would not really be fair on them... if they're good enough to win two heats then they must have put in some seriously hard work. Also, if they weren't allowed two entries, how would one fairly choose a replacement entry?
Gdamatov77 wrote:...I myself have a record on the obsession without much practice at 31s as u see in my sig.
The obsession has quite a different feel to an extreme. I can do 15s on an obsession but I definitely cant do this on an extreme (yet)... the traps tend to be harder to navigate on the extremes.

Chris
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
EABlade

Post by EABlade »

well i opened my sliver and email about a spot and was told I'm in... I don't know who has the other open sliver if it's taken...
“We are one big family of people, trying to make our way through the unfolding puzzle of life.”

Bronze For the Memories and Gold - Broken
the rest was X SOLD X BGSROGTLv1
Proud Member of The Team
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

...hmmmm, looks like AndrusyszynPM is MIA from the Las Vegas leaderboard... he's the only difference between the unofficial (usually pretty accurate thanks to a-maze-ing!) and official USA leaderboard... :| :?

[Calling Chris P - are you out there?]

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
dikyensid

Post by dikyensid »

I didn't see my name on the board. I opened my silver on July 29th. I hope I made it in time!
Blue obs-open
AG70- open
Obssesions Open
Gold let the fun begin
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

Are you part of Vegas or London?
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

My geography isn't brilliant, but I'm guessing that there's a clue in his profile... :shock: ...looks like he's stateside...

allard
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

I verified the unofficial list recently when I added EAblade (USA#15). I must have overlooked dikyensid (who is the only silver-solver from July 8-) this year ;) ) at that moment, sorry, he has the USA#15 spot on the unofficial list now, EAblade is on USA#16...
AndrusyszynPM stays on the unofficial list (USA#12) because he reported his open and is in the "silver open" forum group.

Come on European players, no less than 6 spots left (unofficially, must be said).
I am expecting one specific RevOwner there soon, some 'older' forum members may know who I mean, he was almost #1 until Neptune messed with his maze.

Somewhat back on topic: bronze and silver board for USA are full, but if anyone of those players is not attending the event, all later solvers move up one spot... so keep trying if you are not there yet...
Extreme #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN
Limited #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN STAMATIC
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

Thanks for the update a-maze-ing...I suspect there will be a few folks who choose not to compete in the competition... preferring to leave it to the younger, more competitive speed-demons out there - but I think that only time will tell how many of us choose that route. :shock:

allard

Return to “Silver General”