Silver time and the competition

General Questions.
forgo10how

Silver time and the competition

Post by forgo10how »

Just as of a matter of interest what sort of re-opening times are you guys getting on the silver? I realise it might be a little early to ask as there are only about 4 people in the world who have opened the thing. And will it be feasible to re-open in the 15 minutes given in the live event?! :shock:
BadNews

Re: Silver time and the competition

Post by BadNews »

If you know how to open it, it will be easy to open the silver in 15 minutes.
I was able to open all previous under 1 minute. Bronze took me about 48 seconds (best time) but most of the times between 55 seconds en 1:10. Taking risks you can do this faster.

I do think you can open the silver also quickly when you completely know how the silver works.
matt_dales

Post by matt_dales »

I would say personally because of the swamp a time of 15 minutes would be a very good time.

I havent reset mine yet but knowing whats inside you are in for s hock when getting it open :D :D
BL00138 OPEN
GR00064 OPEN
BR00164 OPEN
AG00164 OPEN, First to open V2
AU00000 DREADING
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Hmmm, re-opening the silver... I think nobody has done it yet, that says a lot already.
I agree 15 minutes would be a good time, but not only because of the swamp...
With a lot of practice and two bits of luck, some players will be faster than 15 minutes.

Without spoiling anything, I can say re-opening the bronze is a walk in the park compared to silver. Silver is not just "run but don't trip" (as some of you may already have noticed :evil: ).
Extreme #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN
Limited #14: OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN STAMATIC
Barcared

Post by Barcared »

a-maze-ing wrote:Without spoiling anything, I can say re-opening the bronze is a walk in the park compared to silver. Silver is not just "run but don't trip" (as some of you may already have noticed :evil: ).
Agree completely. I think I know how I can get the silver back together but I'm not going to try until I get the instructions from Chris. Therefore no attempt from me yet to reopen it.
Blue, Green and Bronze are all memory and dexterity. Silver is both those plus a bit of luck (calculated luck - not blind luck) and I also believe 15 mins would be a very good time but under competition conditions 15 hours would be a good time! ;) :lol:
MJShasko

Post by MJShasko »

na...I can get to the probable end in under 3 minutes (with the training wheels on :oops: )....but then I haven't completely solved this $#%&%Q!1 puzzle yet....man I'm peeved...
Got the obsession set on the weekend and made it through the rainbow on red so I feel I'm making progress, albeit mis-directed.
BU00394 GR00177 BR00163 AG00211 AU00059 BL16LE R00059 OR00059
HM12-20 LM00059 TI40-50 BUobs BUobs2 GRobs BLobs BLobs2 RDobs

To do: R2 #59 PU000xx
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Today I did it, went back to the start and re-opened it all over again.

Re-assembling it was tricky, but with a few tips from Chris I was able to do it correctly at once. If you ever do it be very careful and double-check every single bit! One mistake can lock your RevoSilver up for good, and there are several potential mistakes available...
I am afraid that some sad day someone is going to make a mistake, and I already pity them...

After re-assembly, I spent some training time in the swamp, and finally went back to the beginning. Then the challenge started all over, I made one mistake after another, it was a long time ago I did that first part... I will not go into detail here, but there were more problems than I expected, maybe I did not re-asemble it perfectly after all?
Once in the swamp, it took 'only' 5 attempts to get to the end.
Time from start to finish was over half an hour, including all retries.
I wanted to improve that right away, but I am unable to do so at this moment.

I still say 15 minutes is a good time, but it must be possible.
Less than a minute? no way.
ReVoMate

Post by ReVoMate »

a-maze-ing wrote: Less than a minute? no way.
lol.....
jeffives69

Post by jeffives69 »

Less then 1 minute!!
You have as much chance as a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.
Open Open Open Open Open
a-maze-ing

Practice makes perfect

Post by a-maze-ing »

Today I learned a LOT about the RevoSilver, which significantly reduced my re-opening time.
I learned to avoid a serious problem I had even before the canyon.
I learned to get across the canyon faster, and without clue 11.
I learned to navigate the swamp without using a permanent marker.

The final result: 3 minutes and 20 seconds!
That is including a re-try at the swamp, so it must be possible to do it even faster (but NOT within a minute)!

Oh, and I learned the importance of double checking everything during/after re-assembly, one time I almost reset the RevoSilver with one element still lying on the table :oops: ... would have been fatal if I had not double checked it!

Return to “Silver General”