No, I don't...
25%
I don't know if mine is a V2 or not...
13%

Total votes: 40

Killerkel

Re: do you have your v2 yet?

Post by Killerkel »

Just heard from Chris, and It's on it's way I should have it in a day or so.

You guys are good! :D
y2khappens

Post by y2khappens »

Yeah, me too, however, how is the Icelandic volcano
going to affect shipments to the United States?
Bill
matt_dales

Post by matt_dales »

yeah it is mate I am afraid. As far as I am aware there are still no flights. :o
BL00138 OPEN
GR00064 OPEN
BR00164 OPEN
AG00164 OPEN, First to open V2
AU00000 DREADING
stet

Post by stet »

I still haven’t heard anything.

The more I think about this the more that I realize that I really have no reason to complain. Sending these V2s out for free is a huge undertaking and speaks volumes for the level of customer support that is being provided. They didn’t have to do it this way and if they were one of many other companies they wouldn’t have.

With that in mind thought I still feel a bit frustrated wondering what’s going on.

I am one of the early adopters who bid on the Special Editions on eBay and won Blue SE#5. When the Green came out I also purchased SE#5 and then after that pre-purchased the rest of the SE#5 series. I also purchased Black LE#5 and have also pre-purchased the Red and Orange (requesting #5 for those as well).

In all honesty I had lost interested in these puzzles for a bit when the Bronze came out. Due to no fault of Chris my Bronze seemed to have gotten jumbled up in the mail system and it took longer to get to me than expected. Chris was about to put in the build order to make me a replacement when mine finally did show up. I actually had mixed feelings about that. As a collector I appreciate the thought of having unique serial numbers and I also like having the entire series with matching numbers. The fact that Chris was willing to have a replacement Bronze SE#5 built for me, while a great indicator of excellent customer service would also mean that two SE#5s would be inexistence. This idea kind of reduced the significance of the unique serial numbers to me.

I had also assumed that #5 was the fifth one built in the production run. Jazz paid a lot for his Blue SE#1 on eBay and I also assumed that it was the first. As a collector this adds quite a lot to the significance to a collection. But now I wonder if this is the case or if the serial numbers are just assigned as necessary and don’t indicate build order.

Thankfully mine did show up so the replacement didn’t have to be built. However by the time I did get mine a couple of people had already solved theirs thus making the Bronze the 4th (after Blue, Green, and Black) which were solved by others before I ever had a chance to even touch mine. I had some other things going on in my life at the time which were distracting me so I kind of lost interest and put it aside for a while.

Then the Silver came out. When I received it I still hadn’t really touched the Bronze much. I opened the package for the Silver, messed around with it for a few minutes and then put it away. I didn’t even bother to register owning it at the time. As someone who pre-purchased the entire series I already have access to the owners groups in the forum so I didn’t see the point, especially as I really wasn’t all that interested in it at the time anyway.

Time passed and I eventually returned to the forum to see what was new. I read about the V2 being sent out to owners of the V1 and how a batch of them sent to the US were being held up in customs. This actually got my attention and I assumed that mine was among those being help up. I have #5 after all and had assumed that it would have been among the first ones made. Soon afterwards news of the metal Red and Orange appeared and I pre-purchased them. My interest in these puzzles now fully restored I picked up my Bronze and after a week or so I had it solved.

When sending in the Bronze certificate number to Chris I also inquired about the V2, asking if I should start working with my V1 or just wait for the V2 which I had assumed was already on its way to me. Chris responding by first congratulating for solving the Bronze but then also saying that my V2 hasn’t been made yet but they would make it soon and that I should be able to make some good progress and possibly solve my V1.

So I start to play with my V1 and discover a lot of the fun and tricky areas that others with a Silver are aware of. I continue to wait for my V2 and while doing so kept reading about more and more people receiving their V2s (so much for #5 being the fifth one made) and also solving theirs. Many people were stating that they were stuck with their V1 but were able to quickly get past their stuck area with their V2 and also solve them relatively quickly. So also being stuck in my V1 I put it aside to wait for my V2. That was about a month ago. I emailed Anne Dowd inquiring about my V2 and was told that Chris had planned on having it dispatched to me that weekend (this was three to four weeks ago). I have since emailed her twice more asking if there had been any updates on it but have gotten no response.

I’ve once again lost interest.

After all this ranting (sorry about that, haven’t had my coffee yet) I guess my frustration comes from just not knowing what’s going on. Why wasn’t my V2 the fifth one built and sent out? But like I said above I really shouldn’t complain since these are being sent out for free. With that in mind, I would gladly pay full price for a V2 if it could somehow be sent back in time so that I could receive it a month ago when I was originally looking for it.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
y2khappens

Post by y2khappens »

You opened your bronze in one week???!!! I hate you. :evil: ;) :lol:
I am a collector also and thought that I was anal, but........... :shock:
Bill
Killerkel

Post by Killerkel »

Stet,

I'm a collector too. And I fully understand what you have said.

I have also gone through the AR experience like you, The most frustrating thing about this is that it is easy to solve....

If we are just kept update with what is going on with the Good news and Bad news we will all be happy..
I sure if you were told that there was a problem but it could not get sort out for a few weeks/months. You would be happy as long as you were kept up to date as to what was going on.

I was not told about the V2! but just found out about it on here, which I think was wrong!

It does not cost anything to communicate via email/forum.

I just don't want Revomave to follow the AR debacle 12/18 months ago...I know these are testing times.

On the positive side Chris has a great product and I have pre-ordered the RED ltd, Gold 10SE and I hope as I bought a Black LE I will be able to complete my set with a Yellow LE and Handmade LE.
stet

Post by stet »

Killerkel wrote:On the positive side Chris has a great product and I have pre-ordered the RED ltd, Gold 10SE and I hope as I bought a Black LE I will be able to complete my set with a Yellow LE and Handmade LE.
I have to say that I’m disappointed that the only word we got that the Reds were not ready in time for the Gadget Show Live was from someone who went to the show. The page for them hasn’t even been updated as it still states that they will be launched at the show. People who have pre-ordered (like us) as well as people ordering now are probably expecting them to ship now and don’t know about a delay.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
Gold Plated CE #05:
stet

Post by stet »

I fired off another email yesterday morning which has so far gone unanswered :(
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
LE #05:
Gold Plated CE #05:
stet

Post by stet »

Should I bother sending another email enquiry? The last word I got about my V2 was on March 26 which stated that Chris was hoping to have it dispatched to me that weekend. Since then I’ve asked for a status updated three times (on April 6, April 15, and April 23) but have not gotten any response.

Are the other SE owners waiting too or do they all have theirs already?
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
LE #05:
Gold Plated CE #05:
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

are you e-mailing Chris? or Anne? I'd recommend either PMing or e-mailing Chris directly...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs

Return to “Silver General”