Silver Launch Date?

General Questions.
maztec

Re: Silver Launch Date?

Post by maztec »

I used a forum for a while that had a five second rule. It was seriously obnoxious, but an interesting application of social control. What happened is you would type up a message, and you would hit submit. If someone had posted between your starting your message and your submitting, it would show the new messages and require you to check them off individually as having been read by you. Then it would go on like you had hit submit and nobody had submitted a message in the middle. When it processed the final submission, it would take you to a screen showing your message on top, with the thread below, and a bold message across the very top reading, "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO SUBMIT THIS MESSAGE?" it then had a countdown going down from 5 seconds. From the beginning it had "NO, I need to edit this" and a "NO, FORGET IT" buttons. After 5 seconds the "Yes, Submit this Message" button would appear. If you hit No, it took you back and let you edit it.

It was amazing how often this resulted in people thinking before posting .. and a lot of messages that were written, "I had started to say something, but changed my mind, it was dumb." The mods on the forum also had the ability to up the wait time for people who were considered abusers -- all the way up to 60 seconds. Nobody was ever banned, they were just forced to really think about what they had written.

I rather appreciated it as a model, but sometimes it was extremely aggravating :p.
OOOOOOOoo
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

maztec wrote:</rant>Unofficially Speculative Update!<rant action="resume">
Good work maztec.
bluesign2k wrote:in the news section on the main Revomaze site it says specifically says that if you have any concerns regarding the silver due to its delay then send an email to support@revomaze.co.uk.
Good call. I missed this, and I visit the main site a half dozen times a week. I don’t think many of us do though. They come here to the forum. I encourage all of us to give the actual site some more attention.
jsnbrtn wrote:Another point, RevoMaster was last on this site 19.49 yesterday and said nothing, he has been on over the past week. Some don't seem to grasp the common theme that echoes through here - communication, from Chris would, I think, be very appropriate at this stage.
[Taking a stab at competitors] I propose we start a monthly fee system for 'gold members' and they get instant updates.

I hear you. I really do. But look back to maztec's post about speculative times. I tell you what; I sat down and opened the Bronze in about 2 hours. When I get done with a session like that, I’m tired. Dead tired. My fingers hurt, my hands hurt, I am almost miserable, except I just kicked another Revomaze's butt. Take all that, but double the time, and remove the elated rush of excitement and satisfaction, then repeat several times a day. Chris is fried right now.

As for being on the site, yeah, he comes on, checks to make sure that the site is still running and there aren’t any emergencies, and then he sits at the table like a zombie while Jill feeds him his dinner straight from the blender so that it goes down smooth. Removes the bib, and rolls him into bed so he can do it all over again tomorrow. I understand your pain of waiting for an update, but I think all of us seriously underestimate the life of the Pitt family right now. Remember he has a family too. One man team here; one man! I don’t think everyone understands this.

Test: for all those not in some sort of Mary Kay, Amway, Quixtar business, go convince someone, anyone, to buy a Sacred Legends, SW or RevoMaze puzzle. Just one puzzle, once a week, all by yourself. Sell at least 1 a week for 4 weeks then come back and complain when you have proven your success while maintaining your current job and spending appropriate amount of time with your family.

IT’S HARD, TRYING, & EXHAUSTING!
cdr2289 wrote:You might even look at some of this feedback as a favor to Chris. Keeping hype and momentum up is a public relations issue that can be managed and actually improve business. Also, I know there have been some personal communications gone unanswered.
All PR seems to be good. Even bad PR is good business because it equals attention.

As for unanswered emails, yeah I’ve gotten a few of those. Chris answers the important stuff now. The less important stuff will get answered later along with some important stuff in group postings. Some stuff doesn’t get answered because it has already been addressed or simply doesn’t really need to be.

The first thing Chris advertised that was required to open the RevoMaze was patience. If you don’t have it, you shouldn’t be buying a RevoMaze. A skill needed even between puzzles. My point isn’t to say, stop buying them. it is to say, you were fairly warned!
bluesign2k wrote:If you bought something from a high street shop that wasn't to your satisfaction then you'd go in and speak to the manager BEFORE standing outside said shop shouting your views to passersby. And that’s why sometimes I think for two seconds some people need to stop and think before smacking "Submit" on their reply.
I totally agree with you on this point. Unfortunately your statement is the way things should work, but it really isn’t the 'American way'. We tend to bitch now and apologize later.
maztec wrote:I used a forum for a while that had a five second rule.
I think we had something like that on the SW forum. I think we called it 'peaches' ;) I say it because I love you Steve!!!

I didn't see the post about an update coming today, but i'd bet Chris was supposed to get the new sleeves back today and he will give us an update today or tomorrow about how that went.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Ok, for those who are interested in an update, here we go (if you don't like non-official updates then this post isn't for you)...

I contacted Chris a little while ago and among the things I asked was is there any update that I could pass onto the forum regarding the silvers, are there was a little unrest. His response was:

"All are going out tomorrow that's everyone! Will be on the forum over the weekend."

He continues by saying that the plan is to email everyone their tracking numbers tomorrow evening.

Chris
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

Thanks Blue!
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
adamwest

Post by adamwest »

bluesign2k wrote:Ok, for those who are interested in an update, here we go (if you don't like non-official updates then this post isn't for you)...

I contacted Chris a little while ago and among the things I asked was is there any update that I could pass onto the forum regarding the silvers, are there was a little unrest. His response was:

"All are going out tomorrow that's everyone! Will be on the forum over the weekend."

He continues by saying that the plan is to email everyone their tracking numbers tomorrow evening.

Chris
Can you delete this post I kind of liked the drama ;) and now it's gone :? there isn't anything good on TV lately, just joking thanks for the update. lol
Proud owner of set #16 (RevoTaster)

BU00016 OPEN x and o
GR00016 OPEN x and o
Black o OPEN
BR00016
OPEN
RD00016 OPEN
AG00016 OPEN
AU00016 CLOSED
OR00016 OPEN (mark you're just mean ;) )
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

adamwest wrote:Can you delete this post I kind of liked the drama ;) and now it's gone :? ...
Bah! There's just no pleasing some people :P :lol: :lol:
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

adamwest wrote:Can you delete this post I kind of liked the drama ;)
ha ha! I LOVE YOU ADAM! :lol:
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

Rabbit. As always. Well stated. Thank you for your levity / insight.
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
cornettracing80

Post by cornettracing80 »

after waiting 2 years for a superglued golfball i think i can wait another week :D
love ya cHRIS!
The hardest part of a Revomaze is putting it down
BU00080-Solved
GR00080-Solved
BR00080-Solved
AG00080 V1-Solved 1st ever
AU00080-IN PROGRESS
R00080-Solved
Revomaze Obsessions Solved
Blue
Green
Red
Black
ReVoMate

Post by ReVoMate »

WOAH! I turn my computer on this morning and see all this has snowballed! :shock:

Anyway, Ymir - my arm is healing nicely although this cold weather seems to be really playing on it a bit. Being a guitar teacher, it gets a good workout but it is really easy to overdo it. Thanks for asking, Revomate isn't down and out yet! :twisted:

There is obviously a problem Chris' end and as we know, that man never stops working. We also know he is a 'one man band' and that it is a hell of a strain - machiners, platers, UPS, packaging, quality control, marketing, emails, phonecalls, gadget show stuff, etc etc etc every day!. And remember, it's not only the ReVoSilver, fresh customers are buying the blue the green the bronze... which all have to be checked, put together, sent - then what if they have problems and start emailing away... Remember, all on one man's shoulders. (give me a job Chris)

Lets just sit back and take a breath. Go outside and get some fresh air? ;)

Remember, Chris also supplies now to people like PuzzleMaster and ThinkGeek and you KNOW that they are the ones that a probably screaming at him for these puzzles - the last thing he needs is this little family adding to it. :D

I'm going to contact Chris today - just to get a little update of some sort.

Oh, and maybe it's time that Chris gives me a job *cough cough*

Regards and love to all,

ReVoMate

Return to “Silver General”