Silver Launch Date?

General Questions.
ReVoRabbit

Re: Silver Launch Date?

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Ymir wrote:Hows the arm Revomate ?
I love the Revomaze family circle! two puzzlers living on almost exact opposite sides of the world and they still care enough to inquire about each other. The world certainly has shrunk.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

<decided to bump these>

Chad
Last edited by cdr2289 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

but today is Thursday! So maybe there will be an update today!
*wishful thinking*
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
jsnbrtn

Post by jsnbrtn »

certainly won't deny the anticipation and appreciate the updates. However, I still feel the lack of direct communication about status, especially given the carrots out there such as "more updates on Thursday" is unacceptable.

I agree with you CDR2289,

there is way too much guessing and placating going on and no official information.

Some people have already said they are very happy to wait however long it takes, that is up to them, but if we all know the exact status then everyone will be a lot happier.

As said before it will only take a matter of minutes to let us know, Yes today is Thursday, the second Thursday after the statement regarding the update, I would like to hope we would already know by now if anything or not were happening.
Ex & Ltd
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN== v2
OPEN== v1 .....Just!!!
OPEN==
OPEN==
=[iiii]=
OPEN==
Obs
TEST==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
maztec

Post by maztec »

</rant>

Unofficially Speculative Update!
That is, if you take this as real, that is your own darn problem.

RevoMaze Silver has experienced delays due to the reasons already explained and established. It takes up to four hours to open each maze and at least 15 minutes to test (pure speculation) to see if it is one that will be subject to the manufacturing problems. With over 100 mazes pre-ordered this takes a lot of time to fix. For each maze, a minimum of 15 minutes has to be spent to try test it out. Just the testing is taking 1,500 minutes - 25 hours. Of these, some random amount of mazes have problems - let's say 30%. That is 30*4 hours = 120 hours to open the fouled mazes. Plus, it takes an hour to fix each one, so another 30 hours. Total time speculatively spent on fouled mazes is 150 hours, plus 25 hours in testing, so 175 hours, plus at least 20% time for yak shaving, so another 35 hours makes it 210 hours of work. With the 10 hour days, seven days a week being put in by Chris and his son combined - because Chris ha to manage other details of the business to make sure this type of thing does not happen again - the total time required to fix these problems is three weeks, minimum.

This, as many know, is the second problem that has been found with the mazes. One problem was already fixed, which delayed the mazes by two weeks. The second, even more notorious problem that would lead to a lot of [unnamed company and product] like complaints, which are not consistent with the RevoMaze business philosophy.

Over a week of work had gone in prior to the initial notification, because it did not appear that this problem was as pervasive as it has turned out to be. It really sucks that the manufacturer didn't bore the holes correctly, which would rob people of the pleasure they would get from their mazes.

Based on this purely speculative timeline, it is hoped that the mazes will ship next week. Now, remember, the plastic mazes are releasing soon too, so expect a minor delay there due to the problems with the Silver.

P.S.: This was posted mostly in humor, tongue in cheek, but is also my speculation as to why this is taking as long as it is. While it sucks, I have to say I prefer QC to catch these issues prior to shipping rather than have us catching the problem over the next months and all shipping them back to the UK for repair.

Now that this is all speculated on, feel free to <rant action="resume">
OOOOOOOoo
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Honestly, what do you think your going to achieve by keep posting that your fed up of waiting? If Chris is busy enough that he hasn't yet managed to post your puzzle then I'd say it's going to be pretty unlikely that he's gona have time to come here to check up on whats happening.

If its really that much of a problem and your that desperate for an update then contact him directly via email or phone and Im sure you'll get an answer soon enough.
bluedot99 wrote:IMHO venting is what the forums are for... this is an "addiction" after all, so the forum is our support group and yeah... "withdrawal" sucks! :lol:
I know this was light hearted but IMHO, the forum is the last place to vent unless you have tried to contact Chris directly and either received no answer or one that you consider unsatisfactory... in the news section on the main revomaze site it says specifically says that if you have any concerns regarding the silver due to its delay then sned an email to support@revomaze.co.uk.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
farrel669

Post by farrel669 »

I've tried tto keep off this subject but thank you bluesign for saying what many of us were thinking, you are absolutly right.
BU00008SE - Open
GR00008SE - Open
BR00008SE - Open
AG00141EX - Open
BL08LE - Open
LM00284 - ????
OR00283 - ????
jsnbrtn

Post by jsnbrtn »

bluesign2k wrote:Honestly, what do you think your going to achieve by keep posting that your fed up of waiting? If Chris is busy enough that he hasn't yet managed to post your puzzle then I'd say it's going to be pretty unlikely that he's gona have time to come here to check up on whats happening.
I think you need to check the definition of the word forum before saying what is not appropriate on here.

Another point, Revomaster was last on this site 19.49 yesterday and said nothing, he has been on over the past week.

Yes, in my own opinion I think we are light hearted to a degree but the distinct lack of official info, good hearted guesswork, and sometimes sarcasm is not what I paid for and is begining to leave me down hearted .

Some don't seem to grasp the common theme that echoes through here - communication, not whether they are en route, been posted or should be here tomorrow etc from good willed forum members, but instead, some update from Chris would, I think, be very appropriate at this stage.
Ex & Ltd
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN== v2
OPEN== v1 .....Just!!!
OPEN==
OPEN==
=[iiii]=
OPEN==
Obs
TEST==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
OPEN==
cdr2289

Post by cdr2289 »

<edit from chad>

I appreciate the defenders here, it goes to support your and his good character. Please don't think I"m not one of them, but I do feel It's ok to share with others (some who agree, some who don't) what my experience has been.

Chad
Last edited by cdr2289 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue #172 opened
Green #172 opened
Bronze #172 opened
Black LE#04 opened
Silver #172 V2 opened
Red #86 opened ...
Gold #172 HAS ARRIVED!
Red Obs (Shelved) ...
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

jsnbrtn wrote:I think you need to check the definition of the word forum before saying what is not appropriate on here.

Another point, Revomaster was last on this site 19.49 yesterday and said nothing, he has been on over the past week.
I think your nitpicking, but whatever... forum-> open discussion. I value your opinion.

The thing to remember with this forum is that it is also part of Chris' "shop front". I agree the lack of communication is not ideal but if people don't like it then I believe the correct first step is to go straight to Chris instead of graffiting(sp?) all over Chris' shop front. If you bought something from a highstreet shop that wasn't to your satisfaction then you'd go in and speak to the manager BEFORE standing outside said shop shouting your views to passers by. And thats why sometimes I think for two seconds some people need to stop and think before smacking "Submit" on their reply.

This is the problem with pre-orders... whenever I pre-order anything I fully expect that there might be delays but as long as I eventually get it within a reasonable time then I don't really care if its delayed. Maybe wait until the Gold is released and in stock instead of pre-ordering next time if delays cause too much stress :?:
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze

Return to “Silver General”