A lesson well learned.

General Questions.
Sejanus

A lesson well learned.

Post by Sejanus »

So I got ahold of my Obsession set, beat the Blue and went "WOW I must own them all!" and ordered a BlueX, GreenX, Bronze & RedX.

The Bronze & Red arrived first so I took out the Bronze today, amazed at how much different it felt than the Obsessions and just started to fiddle with it. Mind you I wasn't really trying (I want to go after Green first before going after Bronze) so I had no real worries since I was going on the mindset of "Well if I screw up, I'll get into a reset trap and BOOM I am home free".

Well NO! I fiddled and got into a trap WITHOUT the reset. I don't know the name of it (Perhaps this is the fabled pool?) but I was like "Well NOW I have to figure this out to reset it and then rebox it in wait for the green".

Luckily abour 30 minutes or so later I got out of this first trap and reset. Just to make sure I went back to where I got stuck (Which wasn't nearly as easy as it sounds since I was simply fiddling before) and got out again with no issues.

So now that I have dodged the bullet I won't tempt fate again with the Bronze until Green is complete. :lol: :lol:
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
Gdamatov77

Re: A lesson well learned.

Post by Gdamatov77 »

i was the same, i wanted everything once i started blue obsession. once i got my bronze and obsession set together, i decided to work on bronze without workin on the obsession green yet. i fiddled around also and got stuck in the mystical pool. Eventually, after solving the green and thinking about something that made complete sense eventually, i got out of the pool about a week ago and knew exactly how to get out.

I owe it all to a fellow revo'er, cant remember who it was, that gave me the hint i needed. he told me it was a pool, and at that instant, i realized how easy the pool really was.

I did not reveal anything guys, i simply said what it was. Please do not edit that post. It was simply a revelation.
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Parse Error: Unexpected contradiction, expecting logic on line 12.

How can it be a revelation if you did not reveal anything? ;)

You guys shouldn't be so quick to box the puzzles. You'll spend plenty of time in there, you might as well enjoy it!
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

mattangel1 wrote:You guys shouldn't be so quick to box the puzzles. You'll spend plenty of time in there, you might as well enjoy it!
Mostly I just want to try them in a semblance of order. ;)
R1:

Voyager #44:
Open:
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Probably not a bad idea Sejanus, you do learn from each puzzle, and they will help the learning curve. Enjoy them, but don't feel put off by trying a 'harder' puzzle first.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

I am mostly just blown away by how GREAT the puzzles feel. I was impressed with the plastic ones but the metal guys are just a whole different ballgame.

By the way, for those who own a Bronze, is the instruction manual important to have? The vendor I bought mine from seems to have removed it or it was not included in the box to begin with. Is there any info in there that is important/noteworthy? (If needed you can PM me about it)
R1:

Voyager #44:
Open:
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

The instructions are the same for all of the series 1 puzzles released to date. Twist, turn and pull your way to freedom, and don't forget to register your puzzle with Chris!
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

mattangel1 wrote:The instructions are the same for all of the series 1 puzzles released to date. Twist, turn and pull your way to freedom, and don't forget to register your puzzle with Chris!
Alright good. I know in one thread it was mentioned there might be a hint in one of the manuals (Green I think it was) so I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

My registration emails for the Red/Bronze went out as soon as I got the numbers off the puzzles (so kind that the Red has it written on the box for ease of location!). Hopefully I get my access to the Registered sections soon. :D
R1:

Voyager #44:
Open:
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

You'll rarely receive a useful hint from Chris :lol:
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

not true, the forum clue if solved might be a bit of help. Once i solve it that is
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour

Return to “Bronze General”