New Bronze owner stuck in circles

General Questions.
zebrafinch

Re: New Bronze owner stuck in circles

Post by zebrafinch »

I have made it into the 2nd part. It was actually the harry potter clue someone posted and thinking about Zelda that seemed to urge me onward.

Now I guess I am in what is part 2 of the puzzle and I have been mapping and resetting a lot on this precarious ledge I am fumbling around, the hardest part is getting back to part 2 since it really does a number on the fingers. If I did not have the revo trainer on I do not think I would still be able to feel my thumb.

I did not use the trainer for blue or green but am glad I have it for bronze and soon to be silver.
zebrafinch

Post by zebrafinch »

Anyone have any helpful clues as to what to do in the second part of the puzzle. I mapped an area that looks like a tuning fork and I seem to go around it then into a little area that heads down but ends in a dead end so I end up heading back up and back to the area where I was when I first entered the 2nd part of the maze.
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

@zebrafinch - are you sure you haven't missed another possible path somewhere?

Any blank spots left in your map that you could try for?

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
zebrafinch

Post by zebrafinch »

OPEN!

That was hard on the fingers!
y2khappens

Post by y2khappens »

Congratulations Zebrafinch on opening the Revomaze Bronze!
I wish I could say the same. I made it through the Blue and
Green with no hints and no mapping. It did take me awhile as
I have not really been an avid puzzler. However the Bronze is
really proving difficult for me! Both of my hands gone numb so
I have to rest and let the circulation return. LOL Well I guess
this longer experience means that I am getting more for my $.
Bill
altarego

Post by altarego »

Well, I was hoping my first post here would be something a bit more positive, but I have finally broken down.

I've had the bronze for over a week now. In the beginning, I had a lot of fun playing around with it and making mental maps. I didn't even have a problem with the traps. But for almost the whole week I seem to be in a place that I'm absolutely stuck in - I can't find any place to reset the puzzle. I have mapped it 3 times with similar result and even walked a friend through and he agrees with my assessment, because I can describe this tiny little portion with my eyes closed.

I'm not really looking for a clue or an answer, but maybe something a bit more oblique. I do have a few questions that may help me regain some patience:

1. There is only 1 pin tracing the path, correct? This isn't a puzzle with multiple pins, is it?

2. The pin is stationary with respect to the sleeve? Meaning, there isn't a sliding 'slot' in the sleeve that's going to allow the pin to move around and be affected by what position I hold the revomaze in (upside down or otherwise)?

3. If I can move the shaft around, even a little, it's still in a 'valid' path, right? I know that the website says there are no 'underhanded' tricks, but is there a possibility that the pin could be stuck in an area from which it can never be reset?

4. I'm really concerned because this area is so small and I'm basically tracing the same 2cm 'switchback' over and over again. I have been gentle, but I'm worried that I'll be making permanent changes to the path shape.

Thanks...

Edit:

I knew this would happen. The moment I submitted this comment I sat staring at the map and it hit me that I might need to look at the maze as if I was inside instead of staring down onto it. I'm finally out of that nasty, nasty place and was able to reset the puzzle. I never knew it would feel so good to start from scratch!

Still, out of curiosity if anyone has the answers to my general questions, I'd appreciate it.
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

@altarego

Suspect the phrase is: Welcome to the swimming pool...glad you've found your way out...

to your specific questions:
[1] & [2] Yip, one pin in a single place on the sleeve
[3] on bronze, yip that sounds fair - some movement implies you're on a valid path, and no, I don't think there are any areas in the maze where you would find yourself stuck with nowhere to go and no chance of a reset...
[4] see above -

Have fun.. If I'm right about having just got out of the swimming pool, a whole new world of possibilities awaits - do enjoy!!

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
KeLaBT

Post by KeLaBT »

Hello!

I got the same problem, that zebrafinch had, solving the Bronze.
After getting out of the swimming pool and maneuvering around some "walls", I'm stuck in a dead end after a "long walk".

Does anyone have a little hint for me? I'm not making any progress for a long time now and I think I've tried every possible path...
This maze is devilish and is slowly driving me crazy. :twisted:
maztec

Post by maztec »

KeLaBT wrote:Hello!

I got the same problem, that zebrafinch had, solving the Bronze.
After getting out of the swimming pool and maneuvering around some "walls", I'm stuck in a dead end after a "long walk".

Does anyone have a little hint for me? I'm not making any progress for a long time now and I think I've tried every possible path...
This maze is devilish and is slowly driving me crazy. :twisted:
Think about what you are missing. Have you mapped everything? What logical directions can you go in? What do you need to find to keep moving? Have you found the clue?
OOOOOOOoo
ssambdar

Post by ssambdar »

I thought that I was running in circles... but right now I found something special! I'll check this out tomorrow.
BU01091 - 22.10.2010
GR00458 - 27.10.2010
BR00497 - 14.11.2010
AG00000 - waiting

Return to “Bronze General”