Is it a good idea to go straight to the Bronze?

General Questions.
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Is it a good idea to go straight to the Bronze?

Post by ReVoMaster »

Some people are ordering the Bronze without the use of the Blue or Green. If I saw a new puzzle and watched people open it quickly - I maybe tempted to wait until the harder ones come out.

Is this a good idea - and what do you think in the case of the REVOMAZE?
ReVoMaster
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: Is it a good idea to go straight to the Bronze?

Post by bluesign2k »

I'd say most people who buy just the bronze (or at least buy the bronze first) will certainly get good value for money because I imagne it'll take them a great deal longer to open because they won't have the experience, there will of course be a few who will be an exception to this rule :roll:

Sure, if you can only afford one (for the timebeing at least maybe) and your good with these sort of puzzles then yeh, go straight for the bronze, for all others I'd recommend getting one of the others first, probably the blue... there's a good few very good puzzlers here and even for them the bronze was not a simple walk in the park... remember the bronze in in the "extreme" range :twisted:

Just because the blue and green (in theory) aren't as hard as the bronze doesn't mean they're not as good. Honestly, start with a blue and if you fly through it then go for a bronze... that said, having opened both the green and the bronze, I find it's still the green that puts up move of a fight when it comes to re-opening. The bronze is harder to crack the first time for sure but the green is hard every time :roll: and the blue is excellent just to fiddle with even if your not in the mood for a proper puzzle session :D
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

Well said 8-) :D
ReVoMaster
cornettracing80

Post by cornettracing80 »

i think that none of us would have had a snowballs chance in hell solving the bronze without the blue and green training and mental conditioning.....
not sure we all understand how far we have mentally progressed by useing these puzzles....
brain food ,thats what they are...i hesitate to call them brain fertilizer as that refers to poo :lol:
but thats what it is!.....
i really had a good mental map of the guts of the bronze by the end and was pretty close to the actual core map...only problem is i think i produce mental maps that are mirrors to the real map because of the pin placement...right?....turning the core away is actually turning the pin towards ...anyway
blue then green then bronze if you want to do it right...if you want to skip these 2 amazing puzzles and get right into the bronze you are cheating yourself of valuable mental training and ...and!...the blue and green solving builds hand strength and endurance needed for the bronze...the bronze will make you hurt without the endurance training ;)
i whole heartedly believe the blue is a perfect entry into the revomaze phenomena
buying the bronze first would be like reading "prisoner of azkaband" before reading "the chamber of secrets".......you get the idea :D

cornettracing80
The hardest part of a Revomaze is putting it down
BU00080-Solved
GR00080-Solved
BR00080-Solved
AG00080 V1-Solved 1st ever
AU00080-IN PROGRESS
R00080-Solved
Revomaze Obsessions Solved
Blue
Green
Red
Black
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

As we progress, one puzzle does not seem too much harder than the last. i may have over looked it, but i haven't seen anyone open the green without opening the blue first...

food for thought...
Last edited by ReVoRabbit on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
csexton

Post by csexton »

I definitely say that the blue would be a good place to start. I do not think, however, that the green needs to be next. If someone masters the primary tricks of the blue, then I think the bronze could easily (relatively) come next.

In response to opening times, I agree that the green is trickier than the bronze for repeat openings. I will point out, though, that this is evident in the terms and conditions of the competition. The maximum allotted time for the green is 10 minutes while the maximum allotted time for the bronze is 5 minutes, the same as the blue.

-Cody
Proud (pre)owner of Set #51
BU00051 - Opened
GR00051 - Opened
BR00051 - Opened
AG00051 - Expecting
AU00051 - Dreading

BL01LE - Opened
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

i agree, the green is not necesary. how ever theres a part in the bronze that could be so very frustrating to a newbie. hell, it still frustrates me, but the green really helps get one over it, conceptually.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
kevinellis76

Post by kevinellis76 »

i have gone straight to the bronze as could really only afford one and my god is it difficult but i am getting there! :? i think! wouldnt reccomend it to every one though coz my figers dont half hurt :oops:
walther

Post by walther »

kevinellis76 wrote:my figers dont half hurt :oops:
You must be doing it wrong, because my fingers fully hurt ;) :lol:
3SE/EX>BU Open|GR Open|BR Open|AG(1) Broken|AG(2) Open|AU Broken...again???
90EX>BU|GR|BR|AG|AU
3LE>BL Open|LI Closed|Handmade Closed
Obsession>BU Open|GR Open|BL Open|RD Open|BUPro Open
3SE>RD Open|OR Closed|TI Closed
PU 3rd Round Winner
maztec

Post by maztec »

Having finished the Green and not finished the Bronze ... after getting the Bronze first and being stuck in the same place now for an eternity ... I can say that the Green, so far, has not taught me anything about the Bronze that I didn't already know. So, I would say it is safe to go straight to Bronze.
OOOOOOOoo

Return to “Bronze General”